What shmup should I go for next on Steam?

I'm kinda through with the few that I have now because I've overplayed them, so I'm looking for a good one. I have Mushihimesama, Crimzon Clover, and Ikaruga. Just so you know, I don't play games that look like total crap, kinda like shmup skill test. I'm not sure about DeathSmiles either, can anyone tell me if it's good like Mushihimesama?

Silvergun7

n00b
I'm kinda through with the few that I have now because I've overplayed them, so I'm looking for a good one. I have Mushihimesama, Crimzon Clover, and Ikaruga. Just so you know, I don't play games that look like total crap, kinda like shmup skill test. I'm not sure about DeathSmiles either, can anyone tell me if it's good like Mushihimesama?

Deathsmiles is okay. Haven't played the port but I enjoyed it on 360.
I'd check out Kamui, Strania, and the Darius Burst port: all three are very solid, and I believe are all currently (somewhat) marked down with the Steam sale going on.

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
I would highly recommend DeathSmiles, especially while it's on sale. I believe it also comes with Mega Black Label which is nice. One of my personal favorites all around.

Alright, I've updated my wishlist with all of the above, and these will make some good birthday presents for me :)

Quick question though, what are the black label versions of Cave games, like Mushihimesama Futari, Deathsmiles, etc.

Last edited:

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
Quick question though, what are the black label versions of Cave games, like Mushihimesama Futari, Deathsmiles, etc.
There are usually changes in the scoring system. In DeathSmiles Mega Black Label in particular, there is a new character, Sakura, as well as a new stage. A new difficulty was also introduced; Level 999. Level 1-3 was standard in the white label version.