River City: Tokyo Rumble to receive stateside limited physical release later this year

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Why are a couple sites acting like this is a limited run (keychain or not) and it's gone? I don't want it now working on another game I want to focus on, but if I have to pull the trigger I will.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Allegra Frank? who the fuck names their kid after an antihistamine.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's currently back in stock, being sold by a 3rd party dealer it seems, DealTavern for $10.00 more at $39.99.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Here's an official update from Natsume Inc. regarding re-stock with Amazon, also a plug for Wild Guns: Reloaded physical edition they are releasing for PS4 sometime in November:

http://natsume.com/community/showpost.php?p=159939&postcount=1

Looking for a Physical Copy of River City: Tokyo Rumble?
River City Fans:

Today is the launch day of the long-awaited River City: Tokyo Rumble. Finally, River City is back! The game is available digitally on the Nintendo eShop and physically at select retailers, such as Crunchyroll.com, Gamefly.com, and GameQuestDirect.com. It is also avaible in Canada with Videogameplus.ca.

Unfortunately Natsume's Amazon store is currently sold out. Sales of the game well exceeded what we thought the demand would be for physical copies. While we're excited about how much enthusiasm there was for the physical release, we know that a lot of you are disappointed you can't buy the game right now, and for that, we are very sorry.

However, we're working on restocking the physical version, right now. While we don't have an estimate when these will arrive and go on sale yet, they will go directly to Amazon so they can be up for sale as quickly as possible. These copies will also have the Kunio keychain!

We thank everyone for the support that brought about a physical run of River City: Tokyo Rumble. Your voices were heard, and were making it happen.

-CeeCee, Community Manager, Natsume Inc

PS: In case you haven't heard, we're also producing a physical edition of Wild Guns: Reloaded for PS4 later this year.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Is there a way to get notified by Amazon when they're back in stock?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bit the bullet and DL'd and holy shit! Love the 3d and it feels like the original streamlined and made for the modern era. I bet the physical copy will be a collector's item years from now. I didn't want to pay the hipster flipping tax, so I bowed out of buying a physical copy.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Paid the $7 extra to get it off of ebay... so I expect it will be back on Amazon any minute now :hammer:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Unfortunately no, and I already see the flipper is selling them on Amazon.

So what does somebody do? Just buy all of them and then immediately re-sell them? Can you just buy something on Amazon and put in a quantity of like 100 and they will just sell you whatever they have left?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So what does somebody do? Just buy all of them and then immediately re-sell them? Can you just buy something on Amazon and put in a quantity of like 100 and they will just sell you whatever they have left?

Unless they impose a limit, otherwise you can buy as many copies as you want. That one seller has at least 5 or that's what it says he has available.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is really good. I'm up to Akihabara, which seems like it's nearing the end. I recommend reading the job descriptions carefully, because I've had to revisit a bunch of places, because I didn't have the right job when I went the first time for the story.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
That one I'm lukewarm on, but the Famicom compilation has to get localized.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ooooh that dumb link right now isn't opening for me, but if that's that Famicom RCR game with samurai era stuff I'd be all over that. I love that game it's just a nice change from RCR.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
ok. someone help me out. I've been playing for about an hour. there are no jobs, I have everything purchased in the first town, and the map just loops.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
ok. someone help me out. I've been playing for about an hour. there are no jobs, I have everything purchased in the first town, and the map just loops.

You can walk up as well in spots. In the shopping area in the first town, you walk up in the middle to go to the train station. This will progress the story and open up jobs