NJ Gamercon 7/23-7/24 Runnemede, NJ (Philly Area)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Since Gusmoney thread poisoned the other thread that had TMG also mentioned, I thought I would give this its own thread since it's only a month away

Upstart Convention NJGamercon last held in
Runnemede, NJ in November
7/23-7/24
http://www.njgamercon.com/

NJ Gamercon - I really enjoyed, it reminded me of TMG when it first started out in Reading, PA
I believe Galloping Ghost supplies their arcade machines, I really dug playing some Heavy Barrel

Anyway, who is interested and who is possibly going?

Arcade looks pretty strong, and there is also a Street Fighter II tournament, they also just added a Mortal Kombat II tourney as well. One of the creators of Q*Bert will be there.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I might be evicting my tenants that weekend! Strong maybe for Sunday.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bump

I know the hangover from TMG probably has not subsided for most of you, but the party can continue with NJ Gamercon!

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
That's great to hear, I'm sure you'll be a great addition, they did not have any import sellers at the last convention that I remember.

Cool! BTW, I forgot to tell you at TMG that I got a retro freak system (i love it) and I am able to play NES games on it with an adapter. I noticed your review that said adapters don't work, but my yobo adapter works fine on it and my av famicom.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Cool! BTW, I forgot to tell you at TMG that I got a retro freak system (i love it) and I am able to play NES games on it with an adapter. I noticed your review that said adapters don't work, but my yobo adapter works fine on it and my av famicom.

Yeah I really love mine too, this week I've been playing Galaga '90 on it for my weekly high score competition with Gusmoney. I believe someone else posted getting the adaptor to work, I'll have to try mine again, I don't know what the story is why mine isn't working, but it's good to hear it does work.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I can't make Saturday the 23rd (helping run & stream a tournament in Medford, NJ), but I might be able to swing Sunday.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I can't make Saturday the 23rd (helping run & stream a tournament in Medford, NJ), but I might be able to swing Sunday.

You entering the Sunday Street Fighter tournament ;)?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

I tried it again no luck, can you send me a pic or tell me how you got it working?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bump, definitely can't make the 23rd, but I should be there on the 24th like it sounds most people will be there anyway.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Just bumping this again up to the top since its this weekend

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Can't make it. I'll be tubing down the Brandywine. Have fun y'all!

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I went, Ralfakick didn't as he is all talk, no show.

Small con but it was good to see 16-bit and a guy selling Planet of the Apes stuff, jackpot.

UuLYIusm.jpg