Dangun Feveron: garbled graphics

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Anyone seen this before? I bought this game a while back, and it worked fine for about a month. Then all of a sudden I get garbled graphics bottom third of the screen.

My friend happened to have some Dangun ROMs lying around so I swapped them out, no change.

GCIbxATl.jpg

O79FGuBl.jpg

FFDh2l6l.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Looks like some stuck address lines, does pressing down on the custom chips cause any changes in the picture?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like some stuck address lines, does pressing down on the custom chips cause any changes in the picture?

Those boards are known for legs just losing contact on those custom chips. Use a mag glass and check the pins on them. It might not be easy to see unless you have a strong mag glass.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Those boards are known for legs just losing contact on those custom chips. Use a mag glass and check the pins on them. It might not be easy to see unless you have a strong mag glass.

By custom chips I assume you mean the socketed ROMs? Would reflowing the solder on those joints be worth a shot?

Pressing on the chips (not just the socketed ones, tried all chips on the board) causes no change.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No, the square chips with an absurd amount of legs.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Check addressing in the area of the two QFP176 and cv01-u49 / cv01-u50. Mame info says those are the two layer roms and it looks like most of the corruption is in the text layer.