I never played ActRaiser

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I never said I couldn't finish it. I just disliked it a lot, primarily if anything because the SIM was gutted out as it gave the game some really unique and fun character.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I decided to download AR2 and played for a bit and yeah, it's still super clunky and wasn't much fun. The character moves soooooo much slower than the original. I'd forgotten about that. I get the "double jump" that makes you go into that little dive but it's more of a hindrance than help. Unless you attack/downstab, your landing is completely retarded. It makes you miss platforms all over the place. This wouldn't be too bad if the character could actually make most jumps in the first place. A lot of them seem like they're just barely too high for him to land, so it requires a double jump, which of course leads into the little glide/dive thing and it throws off your trajectory. Just not well implemented at all. I got bored/frustrated after the first miniboss. It might have been worth going through it to get to a cool SIM part but as we've all discussed it was ripped out to make this your standard action game. That's not saying the SIM is what made the 1st game great, but it certainly added to it's charm.

This was just a bleh platformer with clunky/sloppy controls. Great graphics for it's time though. 1/5 Buttholes

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I decided to download AR2 and played for a bit and yeah, it's still super clunky and wasn't much fun. The character moves soooooo much slower than the original. I'd forgotten about that. I get the "double jump" that makes you go into that little dive but it's more of a hindrance than help. Unless you attack/downstab, your landing is completely retarded. It makes you miss platforms all over the place. This wouldn't be too bad if the character could actually make most jumps in the first place. A lot of them seem like they're just barely too high for him to land, so it requires a double jump, which of course leads into the little glide/dive thing and it throws off your trajectory. Just not well implemented at all. I got bored/frustrated after the first miniboss. It might have been worth going through it to get to a cool SIM part but as we've all discussed it was ripped out to make this your standard action game. That's not saying the SIM is what made the 1st game great, but it certainly added to it's charm.

This was just a bleh platformer with clunky/sloppy controls. Great graphics for it's time though. 1/5 Buttholes

Been playing AR2 myself. Meh at first but coming around to it now. Reminds me of a hybrid between Demon's Crest and SCV IV. The jumping is annoying but try pressing up during the double jump. It allows you to control him and not have him glide down. Not perfect but workable.

Still working on level four. I like AR2 reasonably well enough.

Not as hard as I heard it was, but I am playing on easy and haven't faced the brutal boss gauntlet yet.

Like the magic selections!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Easy is practice mode pretty much. Medium really isn't too bad either, you can spam magic during the difficult parts. But keep in mind that you don't even as the end of the game unless your play on Hard.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Great game, I didn't know that you have to play it on hard to get the proper ending