Euro 2016

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I can't really pick a side yet so far, either. If I had to put my money on someone at this point it would be Germany, but as they're a favourite it would be boring.

I actually placed small bets on Belgium and Austria before it started, thinking they could be good outsiders. Apparently not.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so, France - Albania was pretty boring... looking forward to Germany - Poland though!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
England are going to end up getting thrown out of the competition due to the fan behaviour. We're an embarrassment.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't know how France are still the bookies favourite when they struggled against Albania. They'll need to improve a lot to win.

I'm looking forward to Germany - Poland tonight too. I'm stuck at work for the England game, but I'll try to watch some on BBC iPlayer in the background.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
2-1 England! Nerve wracking as ever. Through the groups now though.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
That was a pretty fun watch, and pretty exciting come the end. At least England have qualified now, I wasn't sure after the last game.

I placed three bets on the match and all three were right. Bale to score first, England 2-1, and Wales winning half time - England full time. If I was a real gambler I'd be rich right now, but I only place 25p bets for a bit of fun :)

xsq

It's strange: even if the amount I bet is super small it does make watching the game so much more exciting...
I had 2-1 for the final result as well btw. :glee:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It's strange: even if the amount I bet is super small it does make watching the game so much more exciting...
I had 2-1 for the final result as well btw. :glee:

Exactly. It's not about the money for me, it just makes it a lot more fun :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't know how France are still the bookies favourite when they struggled against Albania. They'll need to improve a lot to win.

I'm looking forward to Germany - Poland tonight too. I'm stuck at work for the England game, but I'll try to watch some on BBC iPlayer in the background.

My thoughts as well concerning France. I tried really hard to find all that oh-so-incredible footie magic in the French game for which the team got hyped to the moon and back shortly before the cup but it only came to light during the last ten minutes, the 80 minutes before were not very exciting.

Tonight's game Germany - Poland will be nice I guess, Poland have strong players, it's certainly not going to be a walk in the park for both teams. Apparently Löw wasn't very happy with the team performance of the first match so it will be interesting to see if there will be any changes to the starting lineup.

EDIT:

Just saw the starting lineup, Hummels comes in for Mustafi.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ClF8fixXEAAEgIt.jpg:large

Don't hold your breath on england getting to the final rot there's more chance of the second coming and the rapture lol.
My wife's from telford and she hate's me at the moment because i've grown a very deep affection for the russians recently.

I'm from Teflord! Small world.

xsq

Tonight's game Germany - Poland will be nice I guess, Poland have strong players, it's certainly not going to be a walk in the park for both teams. Apparently Löw wasn't very happy with the team performance of the first match so it will be interesting to see if there will be any changes to the starting lineup.
How did you like it? I think it was a very rough game, lots of fouls and hard encounters. The first half was hard to watch but it got better in the second. Over all Germany was definitely stronger than in the last one though - I'd say they did pretty good and could see them going far in this tourney. Poland was a splendid rival, but their offense was not tuned enough... and their players didn't seem as skilled as Germany's.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Hahaha... I love that one. It's incredible how much truth lies in a perfect troll: sufficiently to entertain and nuff to horrify. Anyway, it was a good game, blessed with balanced out luck & skill on both sides and, yeah, mutual respect, too. At the end it stand 0:0 -- and this is always the best result if those two teams fight a duel with each other. That said, I liked this game a lot.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Anyway, it was a good game, blessed with balanced out luck & skill on both sides and, yeah, mutual respect, too. At the end it stand 0:0 -- and this is always the best result if those two teams fight a duel with each other. That said, I liked this game a lot.

Me too, I think it's the most I've enjoyed a 0-0. It wasn't boring at all. I really like the Polish team, but they had a couple of chances where they should have scored but couldn't finish. If the German team had the same chances I'm sure it would have been 2-0.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
How did you like it? I think it was a very rough game, lots of fouls and hard encounters. The first half was hard to watch but it got better in the second. Over all Germany was definitely stronger than in the last one though - I'd say they did pretty good and could see them going far in this tourney. Poland was a splendid rival, but their offense was not tuned enough... and their players didn't seem as skilled as Germany's.

It was exciting but not in a good way, felt like we played against Austria. Wall of defense on the Polish side, i. e. bullshit tactics but there's noone to blame but ourselves and our inability to break it.

Defense good, attack and strategic setup in need of improvement IMO.

We should have brought home AT LEAST one goal.

Overall: Ausbaufähig. :)

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm from Teflord! Small world.
I've been up there to stay a few times for long weekends with the missus's family tenderstems, they're from brookside.
Defo an eye opener for me being a little old country boy lol.

xsq

seen France - Switzerland yesterday. Good game, great watch even without any goals.

but wtf is wrong with those Puma shirts? :lolz:

busted.jpg

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
seen France - Switzerland yesterday. Good game, great watch even without any goals.

*SNIP*

Puma should reinforce them with kevlar fiber...

Some players confuse football with judo.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

File under: conspiracy theory. They weakened them on purpose. I mean, how many times players pull each others shirts in the box without any penalty. Such a "proof" could satisfy any referee. And the footie? File under: Break... eh.. Blatter's Revenge.