Euro 2016

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
35 minutes... then I get to watch Tak squirm... like a worm on a fish hook...

GO GO GO GO GO GO SLOVAKIA!

xROTx

Not squirming yet but I'm quite nervous at the moment. Ah well, may the best one win (and please no penalties).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Ozil.... the man with the Rapist Eyes...

I feel sorry for his kids:

dd410c9a4df0b5f05846c963e50076ca.jpg

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Some half an hour before the end of the game, it's... game over. As I predicted:

Slovakia will be an easy game for us, ...

Well, the devil is in the next opponent. Hold on to your memes, Rot, hold on to your nerve wrecking prophecies, Tak, next time: there will be blood ;).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, that was a decent game. Let's see what they do against Italy or Spain. Hope it's going to be Italy first, it's always good to get them out of the way first (if we make it, that is).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
We have one advantage over both teams: 24 hours more recovery time. This alone can make the difference.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Italy vs Germany soon.... GO GO ITALY!

I am so banning Tak and OliverClaude after that match...

xROTx

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Spain seemed exhausted and kinda helpless to me, their game was almost painful to watch at times. Italy played very well, they have a few new tricks up their sleeves which we have to find a cure against. Will be fun. :)

Oh, and England will win tonight, anything else will not be accepted, lads and lasses! :D

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Lol England suck dick. Glad to see Iceland win.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What the bloody hell did I just see?

Iceland kicked England out... rrrppdxxx... #2#ァァ... does not compute. :loco::eek::help:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
THE -SONS DID IT!

And Italy beat Spain...

Night of the underdogs.

Both games were crazy... glad I was there to see em.

Also: WHUT?!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What the bloody hell did I just see?

Iceland kicked England out... rrrppdxxx... #2#ァァ... does not compute. :loco::eek::help:

I thought, I did not understand it, too, so I looked it up:

England hasn't disappointed in disappointing its fans since 1967.

Now at least, I'll sleep well tonight. Thanks Charlie.

I am so banning Tak and OliverClaude after that match...

xROTx

Goddamn... I'll be a legend!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
GO GO ICELAND!!!!

**double post...

xROTx

PS... Oh Wait...:D

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Mega lolz for england they were terrible, i mean really, really awful.
Can't wait to see the paper's and social media tomorrow should make for interesting reading.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I love watching England lose on itv, just to hear them talk about how embarrassing and humiliating it is. Like they are some sort of giants of the game. Then I switch over to hear old Didi Hamann on Irish tv on a rant about how crap English football is. How "the English media has been selling a Skoda as a Lamborghini the past 15 years!" And how "the premier league is a fraud!" And finally "those English players should light a candle every night because if they were Icelandic they would not be making half the money they do." On RTE they have no filter, because well no one cares. So the commentators they have say what they want.

Damien Duff was sat there, mouth wide open, like "this dude is popping off big time." And I was shouting "preach! Preach!" At the tv. And a good night was had by all.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Greece went all the way in 2004 and that didn't compute either.

True.

I just want to know what really happened here. I mean, I occasionally watch Premier League games and see lots of great players whose skills are on par with many European teams but somehow England is unable to put together a decent national team.

Maybe they need new perspectives and a coach who can see the writing on the wall.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Every time england fall flat on their faces in a competition people jump to their defence in terms of there being too much pressure heaped on the players. England expects, all that kind of thing.

I can't remember a competition in my lifetime that people expected less from an England side. There's been no media fanfare, no vocal expectations from any of the usual quarters in fact. And in the face of historically low expectation, England have still managed to under perform!

It almost makes me feel proud.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lol England suck dick. Glad to see Iceland win.

Lol, It's that viking blood.

After the trouble they gave everyone in group F, I knew England was going to have their hands full. Was not surprised they won this match. I like Iceland and hope they keep it up but France is going to be a different animal.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I just want to know what really happened here.

Word is, they're so into Premier League, that practically nothing else exists. And if I look at the money they make there, I almost believe that. The other major "misunderstandings" are England's recent managers: A-W-F-U-L. Example: How could they nominate that Swede? Eriksson pushed English international football back to the dark ages... and then some. The FA should develop some ambition fast and change their attitude towards international championships or it's not going to work. Like ever.