Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016

Euro 2016

So... I'm watching the Cup opener France - Romania right now -> THE CUP IS ON, DUDES AND DUDETTES!

French bookies see France as the winner (who would've thought) and Germany on 2nd place. Not sure whether I'd bet on any of that, just sayin'.

Anyway, looking forward to lotsa nice matches and I hope things will run smoothly and safely.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Calvin & Hobbes

My money is on Russia...

...I say this because there's lots of Russian tanks being parked on Frances borders atm...

After the Eurovision Song Contest... Putin aint taking "NO" for an answer...

xROTx

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Money's on France (big limb I went out on), but I like Germany, even with their starting 11 turnover over the past 2 years. I miss Klose

Yamazaki's Pupil

France? Really?

If Germany can bring the world cup home from Brazil, they can do this without breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    France? Really?

If Germany can bring the world cup home from Brazil, they can do this without breaking a sweat.
    Would be nice but I'm not so sure about that, the road to Euro wasn't that World Champ-like for us.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Don't like the FB situation, don't like the striker situation (love Mueller, but not alone up top), and don't like Reus out, again. Maybe it's me, steve, but they're not the same team from Brazil. They're worse.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Takumaji View Post
    Would be nice but I'm not so sure about that, the road to Euro wasn't that World Champ-like for us.
    My dream is for England to beat Germany...

On penalties...

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!!!!!

xROTx

Striker situation is defo not too good. It was no prob in the friendly against Hungary but they aren't exactly strong so let's see what happens if we have to face a stronger opponent.
    Check out my new tracks:

Yamazaki's Pupil

I've spent 35 years listening to people, including Germans, write off Germany's chances in competitions, only to watch them walk into the final or better in 8 out of 17 competitions (world cup and euros). Their record is just phenomenal.

Most of those competitions started with the immortal words "Germany aren't the team they once were......"

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

I've spent 35 years listening to people, including Germans, write off Germany's chances in competitions, only to watch them walk into the final or better in 8 out of 17 competitions (world cup and euros). Their record is just phenomenal.

Most of those competitions started with the immortal words "Germany aren't the team they once were......"
    I've only paying attention the past 10 years, but know their history as far as back the 90s, for what little that's worth. Anyways, over the last 10 years, I've watched Germany go 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd/4th, and 1st. I root for them hard, but they've mostly been beaten by Italy, Spain or Brazil to the summit. I guess they're still better than those 3 right now, but I'm at the most reluctant point with them as I've ever been.

Oh, we have a good team, it's just that it went through quite a few changes since the World Cup final and it's the first time they are going to play with the new setup in an important cup.

Our EC statistics aren't as good as our WC ones, that should tell you that EC has its own rules, if we play like last WC, we're not going to make it.
    Check out my new tracks:

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

I'll be very suprised if germany don't make the final tak.
    Being a welshman it'll be interesting to see how my team go, first time we've made the finals in a major competition in my lifetime and i'm 49 lol.

Calvin & Hobbes

I'm going to have a bet with Tak...

If Germany win... he can ban me...

If England Win... I'm banning him...

xROTx

PS. Whatcha think Tak?

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I'm going to have a bet with Tak...

If Germany win... he can ban me...

If England Win... I'm banning him...

xROTx

PS. Whatcha think Tak?
    I'm game!
    Check out my new tracks:

France? Really?

The level of young talent on the French team is incredible.

Personally, I see England as a dark horse contender, because well, it's England. They have insane talent with their midfield and forwards, and really, these tournements are complete crapshoots - see Greece 2004.

I predict the final will be Belgium France or Germany France.

Russia is crocked. Their midfielders are injured. They won't do shit.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Don't hold your breath on england getting to the final rot there's more chance of the second coming and the rapture lol.
    My wife's from telford and she hate's me at the moment because i've grown a very deep affection for the russians recently.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Don't hold your breath on england getting to the final rot there's more chance of the second coming and the rapture lol.
    My wife's from telford and she hate's me at the moment because i've grown a very deep affection for the russians recently.

xROTx

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Maybe roy can call in a favour from the fairy godmother, she has got history with his captain lol.

Chang's Grocer

I've spent 35 years listening to people, including Germans, write off Germany's chances in competitions, only to...
    I've spent an equally long time defending les goddams against anyone who claimed their only love for football lies in what Barclays has to offer... and frankly speaking, I'm running out of arguments. Hopefully not this time ;).

Anyway, France is already quite good and will getting better with further playing, till they finally shake off that huge expectations-pressure. Romania had a nice defense, but otherwise played so wooden and luck-oriented, that it hurt. Verbatim. Les Bleues won deservedly.

Watching Wales - Slovakia at the moment, pretty nice game so far. Wales scored an early goal, now the Slovaks are waking up it seems.

Still not a fan of the French team to be honest. Well, at least they're less obnoxious than they used to be until a few years ago.
    Check out my new tracks:

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Watching Wales - Slovakia at the moment, pretty nice game so far. Wales scored an early goal, now the Slovaks are waking up it seems.

Still not a fan of the French team to be honest. Well, at least they're less obnoxious than they used to be until a few years ago.
    Caught it late. Ugly Robson-Kanu late goal, but deserved win.

Regarding France, lacking Henry, Anelka, and Ribery on your team (though Ribery's still very good) will do that. But I've got to admit, the drama with Benzema and Valbuena interests me.

Chang's Grocer

Watching Wales - Slovakia at the moment, pretty nice game so far.
    Yeah, Wales is really a sleeper, they won deservedly. And what do you guys think of that missed penalty for Wales? What good is that assistant referee anyway? He was in the perfect spot, looked it the right direction and... bupkis. Hahaha, seems like the FIFA just fabricated those linesmen solely for -- what a surprise -- money laundering purposes.

Ninja Combat Warrior

always remember "Deutschland ist eine Turniermannschaft!".

Chang's Grocer

England - Russia 1:1

I'm disappointed. There's a very motivated, highly skilled English team, a superb Dier direct free kick and a functional defense, but in the end a draw, as if they forgot that something like additional time exist. Damn. Kodos to Berezutski tho, that header was a 10/10.

Calvin & Hobbes

Looks like im getting banned

xROTx

PS. I need a break from all of you fookin psychos anyway...

Thread Information