MVS Control Panel Versions Question

exomagnus

n00b
Hi All, quick question. Does anyone know if all the 25" MVS cabinets use the same size control panel? I know there are variations on the button arrangement, but is the overall panel the same?

Thanks!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Hi All, quick question. Does anyone know if all the 25" MVS cabinets use the same size control panel? I know there are variations on the button arrangement, but is the overall panel the same?

Thanks!

All US made neocabs have same size control panel except 6 slot and neo mini. Only variation to that would be if it was a conversion cab of some sort, like a dynamo cab etc.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
There's actually one more variant, and it's the Goldie cab CPO. It's slightly smaller than the standard big red, notably narrower length wise. I'll have to take a pic then.

The only other variant is the earlier button layout version on multi-slot cabs where the buttons arch instead of the BCD being in a row. The panel is still the same size I believe.

Westcb

There's actually one more variant, and it's the Goldie cab CPO. It's slightly smaller than the standard big red, notably narrower length wise. I'll have to take a pic then.

The only other variant is the earlier button layout version on multi-slot cabs where the buttons arch instead of the BCD being in a row. The panel is still the same size I believe.

You got me on the Goldie I left that one out, but the alternate arch is still the same size panel which is what he was asking and acknowledged the alternate button design.

I prefer the arch honestly if I'm playing a game that actually used button D, but no one reproduces that version in lexan as far as I know which makes restores considerably harder if the panel has been smashed up.

exomagnus

n00b
Thanks for the details! It's a drag that no one makes the repro lexan for the arched style. I guess the best option would be an adhesive repro with plexi over it. I was really impressed with the quality of the lexan for the new style that's available, looks spot on.

Westcb

Thanks for the details! It's a drag that no one makes the repro lexan for the arched style. I guess the best option would be an adhesive repro with plexi over it. I was really impressed with the quality of the lexan for the new style that's available, looks spot on.

Yeah or if you can find a non arched parts panel for a good deal you can just swap the whole panel :-) I did that on one I fixed up before worked out great.