WTF is this MS1 speed run!!!!!!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
latest

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Ha, I thought he had a cheat on when it first started and he was just walking through everything :O No blood though, for shame...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
He does not get all secrets, just the hidden POWs, there are some points where you can shoot and increase score that he left out because of speed.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
He does not get all secrets, just the hidden POWs, there are some points where you can shoot and increase score that he left out because of speed.

how in the world do you know all the secrets? I don't think I can spend 24/7 to figure out MS1......................

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
how in the world do you know all the secrets? I don't think I can spend 24/7 to figure out MS1......................

MS1 is not about 24/7, it's about trying stuff, shooting everywhere and you will figure it out eventually. Some things are not easy though, like waiting the 30 seconds at the beginning of the 4th level to get the 3 extra POWs. I also noticed the guy missed at least 1 prisoner in mission 3, because he only got 9 therefore no "You're great" but I am pretty sure you can get at least 10 POWs there.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
MS1 is not about 24/7, it's about trying stuff, shooting everywhere and you will figure it out eventually. Some things are not easy though, like waiting the 30 seconds at the beginning of the 4th level to get the 3 extra POWs. I also noticed the guy missed at least 1 prisoner in mission 3, because he only got 9 therefore no "You're great" but I am pretty sure you can get at least 10 POWs there.

how do we know like waiting 30 seconds at the beginning of the level? Is there some kinda strategy guide out there???

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
how do we know like waiting 30 seconds at the beginning of the level? Is there some kinda strategy guide out there???

That is only discovered by trying stuff. Or somebody went to pick up something to another room and forgot to pause, returned and found the POWs there. Or something like that. Or the same way somebody found about the kneeling in the corner to bring the tornado that transports you on Castlevania 2...the developer told game pro, lol.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

I thought it was pretty odd that he skipped over the points tally at the end of every mission. The number of POWs in each mission is pretty well known at this point and honestly, much easier to just describe their location with a couple screenshots instead of some dumb tool-assisted speed run video.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

By actually playing the games instead of staring at them on a shelf.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
. I also noticed the guy missed at least 1 prisoner in mission 3, because he only got 9 therefore no "You're great" but I am pretty sure you can get at least 10 POWs there.

If you take your time during the level 3 boss, 5 POWs in total will drop down out of the trees. But since it's a speed run, he didn't wait for them.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
this is awesome! reminds me of the old arcade days when the youngins would the older players and just be enamored by the entire game just from watching.