Last Resort Conversion Boot

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
2h2Xe4E.jpg

This is an image a buddy of mine sent me. Unfortunately, this is the only image he sent otherwise I would have attached more.

My buddy had been talking to this seller for a little while who had this Last Resort cart listed for a pretty good price at today's standards. The guy assured him that the cart was legit so he paid for it. He spent somewhere around $155 (scewp sytee!1!). Unfortunately, once he got it he saw that the label was an obvious knock off. He took it apart to find the cart looking like this. What a scumbag seller. Hope he gets cancer and dies in his mother's loving arms.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, you just wanted to share pics of a boot and a story of someone getting ripped off? Here's the thread you've been looking for:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?261209-Bootleg-Gallery-(Pic-Heavy)

Tell your buddy to never buy a game without board pics... certainly not one above $50.
Where was the deal made? Name of scumbag seller?
I'd get a refund asap, hope he get's his money back.

Ah, just thought the whole section was just posting boot pics in general. Now I realize it is more about finding out if your game is a boot or not.

This was in Brazil on some sales site. If I get the name of the seller I'll post it up. I was kind of reluctant as well since the knowledge about countries such as Brazil are that all the carts are boots, but apparently a lot of the carts are legit. It's mostly the games such as KOF and the lot that have that need to be watched out for and if so are pretty easy to spot due to crappy labels or labels lacking serials.