Quiz Detective
Hey Folks,

I managed to pick up a Rev2 board and the following games;

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
Buriki One
Samurai Spirits 64 II
All JP carts.
(Pic attached).

Now all I need is the first SS 64 and artwork. Unfortunately this lot was only the games etc no artwork. :(

I am going to test this out in my 6 slot cab when I get home tonight.

$_57.JPG

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
That's pretty cool. I've always wanted to try the Hyper 64 but I've never had the chance. If there were a decently priced consolized option I'd probably bite on it.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
that is awesome. I don't even know where I'd start looking to get one of those (other than on here).

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nice, I really enjoy the hyper 64 games. Buriki one is an especially fun and unique experience.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks! Looking forward to testing it out. :) Only have my 6 slot cab to try it in as my blast city is still in bits. :(

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice pickup there. Thought about that lot myself, didn't have the funds. Hitup Dragonlee here or on AA, he should still have the first SS64 for sale.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Some of them have been banged up a bit and one of the connectors is a bit damaged (broken plastic) but I am sure I can repair it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice - let us know how you like the games etc. massive shame these can't be emulated.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think I have like two rev 1 boards sitting in a closet. Snagged a rev 2 and a couple of carts last year. Neat system but killed too quickly.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Tested on the MVS cabinet but no sound. I think my MVS cabinet (6 slot) may only be wired for mono, so I tried flicking to mono. Still no go. Everything else worked fine :/

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Tested on the MVS cabinet but no sound. I think my MVS cabinet (6 slot) may only be wired for mono, so I tried flicking to mono. Still no go. Everything else worked fine :/

The smaller connector on the front is stereo out and there's a volume pot you could try.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Works fine in the blast city (Mono)
Need to replace one of the connectors on the Fatal Fury PCB though the plastic is snapped (doesn't impact on the game working etc).
Can you buy the connector housing anywhere?

TIA

CrisUK

n00b
Fantastic!

I've just picked up a rev 2 here in the UK only £50 with Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, seems to work a treat!

I'll have to start tracking down the other games now, anyone know of a better source than eBay ???

Cheers

Cris

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Doesn't the rev 2 have a switch that goes between Jamma and MVS? If you have a multislot board, it needs to be wired for stereo.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Doesn't the rev 2 have a switch that goes between Jamma and MVS? If you have a multislot board, it needs to be wired for stereo.

Yup it does, there are 2 swtiches JAMMA/MVS and 2ch MVS/Jamma Mono.
Perhaps my LAI cabinet isn't wired for stereo. I will have to investigate that. :/

slampt

Quiz Detective
Fantastic!

I've just picked up a rev 2 here in the UK only £50 with Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, seems to work a treat!

I'll have to start tracking down the other games now, anyone know of a better source than eBay ???

Cheers

Cris

I'm also keen to know, I just need SS64 to complete my set, then I can work on the artwork. Unfortunately my set didn't come with any. :(

slampt

Quiz Detective
Good to see it's gone to an excellent home. Now some pics of it running in your cab would be awesome! :D

Will do, just need to fix the blast city first. Doesn't like the LAI wiring in the 6 slot cabinets (sound doesn't work due to the way the speakers are wired in it)!

dave010567

n00b
Hey Folks,

I managed to pick up a Rev2 board and the following games;

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
Buriki One
Samurai Spirits 64 II
All JP carts.
(Pic attached).

Now all I need is the first SS 64 and artwork. Unfortunately this lot was only the games etc no artwork. :(

I am going to test this out in my 6 slot cab when I get home tonight.

View attachment 36292

I have artwork scans for these 3 games and some bits of artwork scans for the others. I also have a spare Jap Fatal Fury Wild Ambition cart I'm happy to sell if anyone needs one.

Dave