Game & Watch and Tiger Handhelds

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's a fun one. I had it at one point and also the tabletop version (coleco style) and that one I wish I did still have.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
That's a fun one. I had it at one point and also the tabletop version (coleco style) and that one I wish I did still have.

I never owned a tabletop version but i like the design,i had only new widescreen and multiscreen Game&Watch.

My first Nintendo Game&Watch was Gold Cliff back in 1991 when i was a little kid!

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
I have a few of the keychain Nintendo game and watch ones. Good shelf candy but thats about it.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
s0PXUvK.jpg

sup. I also own a tabletop popeye.

The Multiscreen games are the best ones, Squish is still fun today and so is Mario Bros.

Certain games like the panorama screen Mickey Mouse and Donkey Kong Circus are insanely rare and expensive, same goes for the whole Crystal Screen series and early more obscure games like Judge and Flagman (which aren't even good).

The whole collecting scene is expansive with all the various version of the games out there, including promotional versions of games and country-specific distributor releases. I quit when I realized the games I actually wanted would set me back over 500€ and more.

PS: those tiger games always sucked shit.

Gold Cliff was my first Game&Watch,Nice collection!:)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I never owned a tabletop version but i like the design,i had only new widescreen and multiscreen Game&Watch.

My first Nintendo Game&Watch was Gold Cliff back in 1991 when i was a little kid!

Solid game I had that one for a time too. At one point I had a nice selection of the things, but I'm just down to SMB, the Club Nintendo Ball, a Nelsonic black Zelda watch, and last year I found a Popeye tabletop locally. In the past I had Donkey Kong, DK Junior handheld, DK2, DK3, DK Hockey, Boxing, Zelda, Climber, Bombsweeper, Balloon Fight, Goldcliff, Safebuster, Oil Panic, Greenhouse, handheld Mario Cement Factory, DKJr(Coleco G&W), Blackjack and Pinball.

I used to be big into them but I got tired of just rolling a score that would get erased in a few months when the battery ate it, so when their value went huge and kind of plateaud 5 years ago I dumped most of what I had. Today if I ever found one I'd keep it, more fun to hunt at this rate considering the prices.

This thread for some reason reminded me I still have a backup of a site I ran in the late 90s about the G&W listing all the different ones and some other basic stuff as there wasn't a big amount of coverage back then online. I still have it online, last updated it 17 years ago. http://tanooki.byethost16.com/gwpanorama/

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This thread for some reason reminded me I still have a backup of a site I ran in the late 90s about the G&W listing all the different ones and some other basic stuff as there wasn't a big amount of coverage back then online. I still have it online, last updated it 17 years ago. http://tanooki.byethost16.com/gwpanorama/

That's pretty awesome Tanooki. I was always more interested in the portable side of gaming than consoles. This is nice work that you have here!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's a cool site. Quality post Tanooki.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Thanks. I know it's very out of date, but it is a decent listing of all the stuff with the best images I could come up with in the late 90s. I never had the heart to erase it as I really like the old things even if they're a bit expensive now to own so I keep the page alive on whatever webhosting I get stuck with since.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
s0PXUvK.jpg

sup. I also own a tabletop popeye.

The Multiscreen games are the best ones, Squish is still fun today and so is Mario Bros.

Certain games like the panorama screen Mickey Mouse and Donkey Kong Circus are insanely rare and expensive, same goes for the whole Crystal Screen series and early more obscure games like Judge and Flagman (which aren't even good).

The whole collecting scene is expansive with all the various version of the games out there, including promotional versions of games and country-specific distributor releases. I quit when I realized the games I actually wanted would set me back over 500€ and more.

PS: those tiger games always sucked shit.

Shroom, that's an awesome collection of G&W games you have, and in box too? I never saw the boxes for them- it was just loose games.

The only two of G&W I have are Snoopy Tennis and DK JR., and they were tough to get cheap. I think I got both at Too Many Games in Oaks, PA. Tried to get a Zelda one from a friend, but he ended up trading it in for some extra games.

I don't know where mine are, but I know that I have a ton of Tiger handhelds. One game I did play constantly was the Garfield handheld by Konami (yep, they had their hand in the crappy handheld market too), but that one was pretty fun. I also had a Power Ranger Megazord watch that was tough to control.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Konami actually had some pretty decent handhelds they put out themselves that weren't from Tiger. Yes they did have that odd Castlevania II which was nothing like the NES game and the hard to find Symphony of the NIght too and talking Metal Gear as well. But in their own tall looking handhelds they had a very nice line up with 3 TMNT games, Gradius (fairly faithful I had it), Contra, Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, and a few others. I'm a little bit of a handheld collector mostly when I can source them locally. I've got a few Tiger LCDs mainly and one of them is that Castlevania II with the manual I found about 2 years ago along with Karnov and Baseball for a buck a piece. :D