Ghostlop 20th anniversary AES

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Did you buy one of HPMAN's copies in '03 or did you get the ROM?

Hey there.
You (with JMK and T_s) are the person i didnt had a direct chat with.
I did however had a few long phone call with Chamane, and traded quite some long mail with Pitt. And ofc HPman, even tho the guy is less talkative.
20 pages of history, with the 2pp ngf article, the EGM press cut, pictures of the genuine pcb... Could not be comprehensive.
Just so you know, I dont write printed stuff lightly. Sources where quoted as so.

in 03 I was not in the scene. More interested in trying to score at that time ^^
My guess is you are wondering what is the rom set used. Its the comon one, without the copyright and the year.

Your question is smart. Thanx for it. Hope my andswer cover what you asked and what you did not.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
@ Cory : cant wait, even so I could use some rest ;)

edit : There is no they. There is me.
The history part manual is 100% my doing.
As is all that is printed.
You should have said : "I wouldnt be surprised if mathieu didnt mention your name..."
Well i did my homework. This is a gathering of intel, not an attempt at rewriting history.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
@ Cory : cant wait, even so I could use some rest ;)

edit : There is no they. There is me.
The history part manual is 100% my doing.
As is all that is printed.
You should have said : "I wouldnt be surprised if mathieu didnt mention your name..."
Well i did my homework. This is a gathering of intel, not an attempt at rewriting history.

Well, I'm the one who publicly released the Ghostlop ROM on 4/4/04

Your project is very nice. As you may have guessed, I have an emotional tie to Ghostlop.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
I have. Tbh it seems that all its the same for all the people that where involved.

Thanx for your kind words.

Since i got you "hooked" here, there is this one thing that is still unclear to me.
Is T_smallZ a side name of you ? Dunno if its that or if just Fred's strong grudge against you as stopped him from saying your name.
This is a part where fred and billy's story differ.
I dont know where I'm putting my foot here, dont answer this if you dont want to.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I have. Tbh it seems that all its the same for all the people that where involved.

Thanx for your kind words.

Since i got you "hooked" here, there is this one thing that is still unclear to me.
Is T_smallZ a side name of you ? Dunno if its that or if just Fred's strong grudge against you as stopped him from saying your name.
This is a part where fred and billy's story differ.
I dont know where I'm putting my foot here, dont answer this if you dont want to.

No, I'm not T_Smallz - he was involved in acquiring the game [Ghostlop] from HPMAN along with myself and a few others.

Ultimately, I was told I'd be prosecuted by SNK if I released the ROM into the wild - which I did anyway. Bunch of threats from both sides that never materialized.

Do some searching, the threads are on here. I was relieved of my moderator duties and banned from SNK-Capcom.com for releasing the ROM.

Lots of other bullshit that I don't care about.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
I know that this part is the weak spot the booklet. It indeed might lack your 5 cents.
The names are in it, in the right combination, but it could have been more complete.
Well... 20pp...
Ghostlop has had a long story that didnt start in 2003... and didnt stop in 2004.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I know that this part is the weak spot the booklet. It indeed might lack your 5 cents.
The names are in it, in the right combination, but it could have been more complete.
Well... 20pp...
Ghostlop has had a long story that didnt start in 2003... and didnt stop in 2004.

That's fine. But as anyone will tell you, it was because of me that you're able to play Ghostlop with zero investment.

The story had a major turn in 2004.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
@ Cory : cant wait, even so I could use some rest ;-)

Ok, I'm back home, thanks for waiting :-) (forgive me for the old school smileys but they're gonna have to do for this post, I need to save on the image limit to post some screenshots)

I'm going to cut right to the chase and answer your concerns about me not reading your messages properly so grab some popcorn and sit tight. This is going to be a long post.

First thing first, I can assure you that I do read your posts. In fact, I think I've read them all. I'm actually a big fan of yours, especially when you talk out of both sides of your mouth ;-)

He is my cart supplier, I am not hiding it at all.

I was under the impression that you chose not to mention his name just to avoid teh drama. I must have missed something.

I have started to work on a ghostlopp release. So i contacted billy pitt (proto finder), a professional drawer (disney, Ubi), and the guy that did those new pcb (you know who this is).

Oh I know who he is. The question here is why didn't you mention his name?

just out of couriosity: who is NCI exactly ? Who is involved and who is reproducing inserts and carts. All french ?

As far as i know ye.
But no idea who is actually manufacturing de pcb.

Oh, really? :-)

Last time you were here you said you didn't make bootlegs... You were just posting about how nice the NCI stuff was.
Last time I had not made any.
Sorry, but i cant read your mind i dont see your point.

The way you play with these words intrigues me. You really made it look like you made these games all by yourself there. Also, nice dodging.

Its written in the booklet. How can you say its hidden. You can even see it on the picture Im providing.
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/rud6.jpg

After staring at it for a few seconds, a copy/past/rotation through photoshop and a zoom in, I can finally see it now! Thank you!
MMn2cGA.jpg

You're right, you mentioned Atomikwave in the manual along with the guy who did the art. How could I miss that! It was so obvious! There's even a little thank you note underneath their names:

"This project wouldn't have been possible without my friends support".

Wait... I though Atomikwave was just the cart supplier that you couldn't care less about? Oh you! It must have been one of those tricks you always do with your mouth.

Again Atomikwave is just a supplier to me.
As is Walter, the spanish providing the new soft boxes.
I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do.

I am not supporting his work, and I honestly dont care about it.

This reminds me of all those posts of yours I've read over the last few month on various french forums. I've yet to make sense of what you said. Can you please help me figure this out ? :-)

You seem to talk about Atomikwave a lot on those forums. You also buy his stuff and never miss a chance to recommend his work over there. You're always among the people who defend him when shit hit the fan. Isn't it a bit much for someone who doesn't give a shit about him nor what he does? Obviously, something isn't right with your statement.

Again Atomikwave is just a supplier to me.
As is Walter, the spanish providing the new soft boxes.
I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do.

All the quotes I'm going to post are just samples. As I said, there's an 8 images limit.

You bought both a Kizuna and a AF3 counterfeits from him and have expressed interest on many other games. You definitely may own more Atomikwave games than these 2.

k3udpuV.jpg

And you vouched for his work on many occasions (again, just a sample)

GUHQEAy.jpg

P5ZvZT5.jpg

The whole thing doesn't make any sense. I have so many questions. Would you care to enlighten me?

Why is he thanking you for supporting him and calling you his friend then? You guys sure seem to use that word lightly.

UNCI8Qk.jpg

Why are you getting all passionate about his custom PCB then?

AoCqzK2.jpg

Why are you full of compassion for him and spread much love for his work then?

Q9IqlPS.jpg

Why are you always defending him when shit hit the fan then?

5JO7wkj.jpg

I have more quotes and questions but this post is long enough as it is. I should probably mention some of the posts you made about this place and how you think it's full of retards. Maybe next time :-)

Dont bring this war here please. Beeing as honest as possible as you can see.

Oh, I can definitely see that.

The whole point of me comming here is for you to have same price as french forum.

I though you said you weren't going to sell anything? That you made this thread just to show us your fantasic work?

So first of all, this is not a selling topic.
This is a picture sharing topic. No mp, ty.

Come to think of it, if Atomikwave is your supplier, doesn't that make you his distributor? I mean, going by what you said, you're obviously planning to get these games to the customers, don't you?

Anyway, please get back to me, I'm having a hard time making sense out of your posts.

PS: Can you please cut the bullshit? :-)

Peace.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
you have gone too far cory.

You dont play to win the fight, you play to win the crowd.
You take advantage that I have something to loose, when and you dont.

You jumped thru 3k message over 3 forum (ngs/ngp/here) and a year to choose a selected few, take them out of context to make your point.
Thats called numerology. This is for angry mob.

Im done trading blow with you as this was not a fair one.

Hope I am not the only one thinking that way.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
you have gone too far cory.
Have you a ptst or smthg ?
Why not use this rnery in a creative way ?

You just jumped thru 3k message over 3 forum (ngs/ngp/here) and a year to choose a selected few, take them out of context to make your point. Thats called numerology. Gj.

Im done trading blow with you as this was not a fair one.

Oh I've been reading all those french forums just as much as you Mathieu. Don't think I don't know you and what you're up to just because I only post here. It was fun reading this thread knowing who was your partner all along.

I usually learn a lot of stuff on the french forums, especially when it comes to french scammers and their associates.

What pains me is that there is a lot of good people in the french community but a few rotten apples are ruining it all for all of us. Yes, I said us. One thing you don't seem to understand is that all this scamming bullshit have repercussion on the french speaking community all over the world. As soon as a french speaking persons tries to sell something, people raise their eyebrows.

I'm tired of this shit and I told you that already right here, in the french speaking section of this very forum but you didn't give a flying fuck about it. You know I've been taking this personnal for a while. Fuck NCI/Ayato/TokyoToyFactory and all of their associates. Whoever is knowlingly giving these scammers money or help them making money is just as bad as them in my book.

BTW, are you still denying that Atomikwave is your friend or did we just get past that bullshit?

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
I've never met him, I talked to him 3 time on phone to make the deal happen.
edit : might maybe have sent him like 2-3 mail and 4-5 mp.

Find one person that will have things to reproach me among then french neo comunity.
On person to backup your words. Good luck with that.

You know nothing. Honestly you dont.
And taking advantage that you do read french when other people dont is just.. meh.

I dont care about winning or loosing. But you are not fair.
I know this war is your identity. Your sig is saying so, you are saying so...
But it is not mine.

I'm awaiting your proposal of a sacrifice free workflow via mp, because whatever you say I have other project that I want to make happen.

And out of the subject.
I got a daughter, a wife, lots of work, and some neo project. The time I can spare doing public relation here is limited. You want to kick me down ?
keep on posting stuff that I would need half a day to answer to, cos I wont be able to find the time.

Last edited:

Speed3

Marked Wolf
Oh I've been reading all those french forums just as much as you Mathieu. Don't think I don't know you and what you're up to just because I only post here. It was fun reading this thread knowing who was your partner all along.

I usually learn a lot of stuff on the french forums, especially when it comes to french scammers and their associates

You have the right of it CORY_POOOOOOON! Now swing hard and true. image.png

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Thx for your words boys. Appreciate, really.

Reworked a bit the first post to make it more clear.
Changed most of the pics to highres links. Added some pic.
Added some info about the quantity produced.
I have to thanks DZ for taking care of keeping a trace of my genuine writings.

If i'm not rapped by a blunt canadian in the mean time, I'll post a selling topic in the week-end.
Probably the market is indeed more fitted for this (sry lads).

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Thx for your words boys. Appreciate, really.

Reworked a bit the first post to make it more clear.
Changed most of the pics to highres links. Added some pic.
Added some info about the quantity produced.
I have to thanks DZ for taking care of keeping a trace of my genuine writings.

If i'm not rapped by a blunt canadian in the mean time, I'll post a selling topic in the week-end.
Probably the market is indeed more fitted for this (sry lads).

I see you still haven't fixed the meg count.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
And out of the subject.
I got a daughter, a wife, lots of work, and some neo project. The time I can spare doing public relation here is limited. You want to kick me down ?
keep on posting stuff that I would need half a day to answer to, cos I wont be able to find the time.

Are you asking for my compassion here? Did you ever have any compassion for the people who've been ripped off with fake carts before you decided to team up with an infamous bootlegger? Given how determined you are to sell his crap, I guess it's safe to say that you couldn't care less about them. Your little project is all that matters to you. What if those victims had daughters, wives and projects too? Did you ever think about that? Some of them are registered on here, maybe you should ask them for their compassion.

Do you even know what Atomikwave / NCI is going to do with that money? Is he going to produce more fake US Metal slug 2 and Double Dragon carts or is he going to kick the Neo Geo homebrew scene in the balls once again by counterfeiting other NG Dev Team games? Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure he mentionned something about Razion and how it was possible for him to make that game.

I gave you a whole day to get back to me anyway and all I got was some false accusations and a lousy PM saying that you're going to make a sale thread no matter what. I guess you've been PM'ing Rot for a few days now. Hopefully he will see through your bullshit.

You jumped thru 3k message over 3 forum (ngs/ngp/here) and a year to choose a selected few, take them out of context to make your point.
Thats called numerology.
And taking advantage that you do read french when other people dont is just.. meh.
I dont care about winning or loosing. But you are not fair.

You know there's quite a few bilingual members here who can read french as well... but whatever. Are you still denying it all? Are you still saying that you never defended nor vouched for Atomikwave / NCI? That you never bought any of his games nor expressed any interest in them? Are you still saying that you never cared about his work at all?

Okay then... and since you kindly asked, I'm going to post both french and Google translated versions of your messages as well as all the links this time, no problem.

Here's another one. In this message you're mad at some eBay flippers because they flipped Atomikwave / NCI 's games right after their release date. What's really interesting here is that you're not pissed at them for trying to make a quick buck... You're pissed at them because their auctions were messing with Atomikwave / NCI 's eBay sales and thus, jeopardizing future releases. (Were you thinking about the upcoming US KOF 2000 or your little Ghostlop project when you wrote that? ;-))

=> Full support ≠ "I am not supporting his work, and I honestly dont care about it." or "I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do."

PmiW3mg.jpg

Link to the thread: French ; Google translated version

In his custom PCB sale thread, Atomikwave / NCI got called out for lying about the presence of the SNK ZMC2 chip on the Breakers Revenge boards (meaning that what was advertised as a sacrifice-free cart wasn't a sacrifice-free cart at all considering that a stock of MVS motherboards had to die in the process). He then lied again by posting pictures of the the rev2 boards (which aren't the boards he used to make Breakers Revenge). You were the first to jump in to make sure that Atomikwave thread didn't go sour. The other guys weren't lying, Atomikwave himself confirmed later in the thread that he had to use the ZMC2 chip for Breakers Revenge when pictures of the first version of his boards were posted by Furtek. Only the games that came after BR (rev 2 boards) didn't require that chip. Nobody knew that at the time because no pics of the new boards were posted yet. Their concerns were legit but that thread was too important to your friend for you not to intervene. I can't post the whole thing here due to the 8 images limit but everyone can click on the link and read the whole thing. Context is important as you said.

=> Blind loyalty ≠ "I am not supporting his work, and I honestly dont care about it." or "I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do."

WJc72d6.jpg

3L0QM5b.jpg

When Atomikwave / NCI decided to take a break because of all the hate he was getting, you seemed worried and quite disapointed. When someone got some news about him, you posted this:

=> Compassion ≠ "I am not supporting his work, and I honestly dont care about it." or "I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do."

zdY9suu.jpg

zvTdhdp.jpg

I could continue and post all the messages where you bought his games or showed interest in his work (Samurai Shodown V unfixed, KOF 2000, Kizuna Encouters, Aero Fighters 3, ect..) but I don't think it's really necessary at this point. It's pretty obvious that you're a liar and that you try to dissociate yourself from your partner as much as possible on here just so you can sell his games.

Atomikwave / NCI is your friend. You're a big fan and a proactive supporter of his work. You want all of his projects to be successful so he could release more of them. More Atomikwave / NCI bootlegs that you will buy and put on your shelves with your other Atomikwave / NCI bootlegs. Enough with the lies Mathieu. As Atomikwave / NCI said himself, he doesn't have time to both produce and sell the games. He needs distributors. That's why one of his friend is taking care of his eBay account and that's why he had to ask Neo Ayato (his other friends) to distribute Breakers Revenge. You two teaming up was a win-win situation for both of you. I know it, you know it and everyone else reading this thread should know it by now.

Allowing you to sell Atomikwave / NCI 's games on these forums would be a big fuck you to all the victims.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
I wont even try to answer this.
As a matter of fact, I didnt even read it.
Having spare time. My advice : find a better use of it.

Trading blows, i could.
But you have gone too far and you dont even see it.
Im sad, it seems we have given up on each other.
Its good there is a ignore feature on this website.

Anyway, side effect, a few friends have waked up.
I'm almost sold-out. Need to tickle the devil by the balls to get new pcb (a month delay or so).
You have some time, spend it wisely.

Last edited:

Speed3

Marked Wolf
image.jpeg

I was pretty on board before I found out you hired out the art. I thought you were the creator partly because of the forum we're in.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thinking about what could snk have done about it.

This is a bold statement. Alas, your work shows rather, that whatever thought you gave to SNK's hypothetical Ghostlop art design, you abandoned it by relying completely on your own interpretation. It's not a bad thing per se, but it doesn't have anything to do with "what SNK could have done about it". Try to legitimate your work with more sincere statements.

Why did i do this projet ?
Because i could.

Besides being annoyingly arrogant, this enlightenment on your motivations is not nearly enough to inspire me. Even more so, it seems, that you yourself don't care about them. Well, then I won't either. Carry on.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
This is a bold statement. Alas, your work shows rather, that whatever thought you gave to SNK's hypothetical Ghostlop art design, you abandoned it by relying completely on your own interpretation. It's not a bad thing per se, but it doesn't have anything to do with "what SNK could have done about it".

Would have I said "doint as snk would have done" would have been a bold and stupid statement, as I am not snk and this is not the 90'.
I said "thinkin". Keeping in mind what snk might have done in the 90', and choosing a way to do it bearing in mind that its 2016, is, i feel a humble and realistic statement.

Besides being annoyingly arrogant, this enlightenment on your motivations is not nearly enough to inspire me. Even more so, it seems, that you yourself don't care about them. Well, then I won't either. Carry on.
Expecting shitstorm, i didnt expose them properly to protect myself.
This was clumsy at best, point taken.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...i feel a humble and realistic statement.

The statement is false, as it is an attempt to legitimate your conception, while your work doesn't show that kind of approach. It's your own way of expression, not inspired by SNK's art design. As I said, not a bad thing per se, but there's no need to make up stories. Makes you sound like a third rate amateur.

Expecting shitstorm, i didnt expose them properly to protect myself.

Then why posting here anyway? Either you stand 100% behind your work, or you don't. In the latter case, it's not worth a thread, not even a single post, because it means, that you yourself don't believe in it -- but if you don't, who will?

It's also not clumsy, it's cowardly. Good and sincere work is always able to defend itself effortlessly. If you betray it by tentativeness and uncertainty -- which by the way leads to phoniness and pretending -- it won't stand a chance. Go back to your emblematic drawing board and change your attitude before posting next time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why would someone hire a person to do the art for only producing one cart.