Ghostlop 20th anniversary AES

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
If you haven't led off with the post about the NCI boots, I think we'd all be on a whole different level right now man.
Well, this project is a boot too. The world is wide and complex.
Some of my work (most design) will slip out of control and be used by others boot makers.

Regarding colors
It looks better in real, my picture are not very good i'm afraid. Phone made...
I've toyed with the game mechanics. Blue/oj balls.
I worked to do the thing properly, not classicly. I wanted this to be sweet, as a bubblegom. And toyish. Not hard/heavy.
Its an overall. You cant see it unless you hold the thing, picture are a glimpse.

I commissioned the art, but as allways an illustrator require soft but precise steering

technical part :
The blue is perfect cyan. So it gets a quality of printing that cannot be done in any other way than "by the rule offset" (3600dpi on vector).
Impossible to do that precise printing and that quality of color with numeric printing.
I'll try to do some better pics when i got a moment for that.

Even if we are far from being friends, ty for chilling.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Well, this project is a boot too. The world is wide and complex.
Some of my work (most design) will slip out of control and be used by others boot makers.

Regarding colors
It looks better in real, my picture are not very good i'm afraid. Phone made...
I've toyed with the game mechanics. Blue/oj balls.
I worked to do the thing properly, not classicly. I wanted this to be sweet, as a bubblegom. And toyish. Not hard/heavy.
Its an overall. You cant see it unless you hold the thing, picture are a glimpse.

I commissioned the art, but as allways an illustrator require soft but precise steering

technical part :
The blue is perfect cyan. So it gets a quality of printing that cannot be done in any other way than "by the rule offset" (3600dpi on vector).
Impossible to do that precise printing and that quality of color with numeric printing.
I'll try to do some better pics when i got a moment for that.

Even if we are far from being friends, ty for chilling.

I've decided to take you on your word that you have nothing to do with those boots. This project is ok as it was never officially released.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
@wyo & BB : thanks for your kind work. I'm a weakling, a smile is often enough to enlighten my day.
@Ellert : they were in a previous stage of work. At some point tho, i removed everything that was not usefull to make sure things stays light, and not overloaded.
I printed and compared both version, and since it appeared as not mandatory removed them. But they are back in the manual ^^

@all : regarding the coaster
for the last 8 month (ie the lengh of my work on this), i mass played ghostlop.
Most of the time with a friend and not far from a 6 pack of cheap beer.
I couldnt enclose the friend, nor the beer.
The 2 coaster is for me a way of giving a hint at the best way to enjoy playing this.

IMG_1311.JPG

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It is nice art, I won't bother to pile on about the cart production, however, making the art freely available would be a nice gesture.

I know you likely spent a lot of time on it, I did when I hacked together some stuff to make an "MVS kit", cart/box sticker, MVS flyers, mini marquee, a dip sheet and sticker from nothing but my rudimentary photoshop skills and some rom screenshots. But just share it, not like there is much overlap between people printing at home and your bootleg buyers.

Edit: P.S. I like Duvel but would have liked to see something a little different, any up and coming interesting breweries in France?

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Indeed duvel is mainstream in its kind. France has alot of small breweries, but not sure there is any kind of export.

I wont release the art alone. I worked this as I would have with a book. Cutting it in pieces would remove the spirit of it. Its a whole.
More over, this would be a complete lack of respect to the people that for now have supported me.

As i told earlyer, the gesture of good faith will come for free to the neogeo cd.
Hope you understand :)

Thanx for your kind words

lithy

20 Year Member
France doesn't strike me as a beer country - I always thought they've been known for their wine.

It is true that they are far more known for their wine, but there is a relatively rich tradition of brewing in France. Biere de Garde is a traditionally French style of beer and 3 Monts still gets exported to the US I believe.

They also make fantastic cider.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't really expect people's work for free... Well, not anymore. I know a lot of time went into creating this art and getting things just right. People shouldn't be afraid to ask for compensation for the work they do. It's nice to create stuff for the community, but realize when people do that it's strictly charity work. Shit, the old adage, time is money, is true. Especially as I get older, my time is coveted, as I get so little to myself. I see no problem with folks on here creating art, items, whathaveyou and asking for compensation for their time. I'm surprised more people don't sell PDFs or etc of their art, instead of giving them out for free. Guess it's just the take-take-take consuming culture we're so ingrained in, literally not willing to pay for anyone's time and effort unless we find it tangible. Well, art is tangible. ;)

Fuck, I think that was the two cups of coffee talking...

lithy

20 Year Member
I don't really expect people's work for free... Well, not anymore. I know a lot of time went into creating this art and getting things just right. People shouldn't be afraid to ask for compensation for the work they do. It's nice to create stuff for the community, but realize when people do that it's strictly charity work. Shit, the old adage, time is money, is true. Especially as I get older, my time is coveted, as I get so little to myself. I see no problem with folks on here creating art, items, whathaveyou and asking for compensation for their time. I'm surprised more people don't sell PDFs or etc of their art, instead of giving them out for free. Guess it's just the take-take-take consuming culture we're so ingrained in, literally not willing to pay for anyone's time and effort unless we find it tangible. Well, art is tangible. ;)

Fuck, I think that was the two cups of coffee talking...

Fair enough about work and time being valuable. However, this is the Creative forum where generally people share the things they create. Sometimes the value they get in return is feedback I guess. Even M's little mini-figs have full write-ups on how he made them so that if you were so inclined you could also make your own little broom man from Fantasia.

If he wanted to create it just to sell the Ghostlop copies that he is/isn't selling, then he didn't really need to post it here. In my opinion at least.

As is, I honestly just want to read the booklet. I'm curious what all is in there. I can only get so much from the pics of the insert and manual covers. I guess I'll wait for the CD version...

-SD-

Camel Slug
Have to admit that this is very impressive work you've done; I really like the Japanese version. Looking forward to see what comes of the CD release.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
@RabbitTroop : you have noticed that I have quite dodged talking about money so far.
I know its a touchy subject, and wanted to have a clear mind on how/when/where to put this on the table.
Have not figured out yet.
As I have never used the market here I have zero feed back, pretty sure stepping in would not be well received.
If an admin read me and have an advice, I'm all hears.

@Lithy : Cd version will probably be a quality port of front/back/spine in us and jap, and maybe something for the cd in itself.

@sd : thanx ! appreciate your words.

On a more global matter :
Some think that money is amoral. Money is neither moral not amoral.
Its just... money. Without some you cant do shit.
Free stuff is... a fantasy. Someone is paying for it. Nothing comes free.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Hey there Mathieu!

Can you please say hi to ATOMIKWAVE / NCI for me when you get back home tonight? I haven't seen him here in a long time. I'm really glad he found someone to take care of him and his business while he's busy producing the games.

You must be quite exhausted after such a long day of bullshitting people. I mean, answering all thoses questions without mentioning his name, not even once, must have been quite a challenge. You even had to let people believe that you actually made the games all by yourself for them to stop raising their eyebrows. If that's not love, I don't know what is. ATOMIKWAVE / NCI must be so proud of you.

It really was a great idea for you two to team up. People are starting to get suspicious about ATOMIKWAVE / NCI. All those threads full of informations about his past, his lies and all the scams he orchestrated. It would have been a nightmare for him to discuss his new release here. Come to think of it, wasn't he war-room locked and market banned a few years ago?

Either way, a new face was definitely needed to keep all the usual neo-geo.com drama away. That's totally understandable. Great thinking there guys! I understand that despite all the hate ATOMIKWAVE / NCI has been getting on here, he just can't give up and ignore just how profitable selling on the neo-geo.com forums can be. Especially when most of the french customers already bought their copies on the french forums. You gotta go international to keep the business rolling. Great team work guys! I'm impressed!

Oh and by the way, you did a really great job with the arts and all but I'm kinda sad you had to hide ATOMIKWAVE / NCI 's hard work. I know he's getting most of the money as a compensation but still. He made a freaking hundred copies of the game. I think he deserves some recognition. So yeah, say hi and thank you to him for me please.

Peace.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hey there Mathieu!

Can you please say hi to ATOMIKWAVE / NCI for me when you get back home tonight? I haven't seen him here in a long time. I'm really glad he found someone to take care of him and his business while he's busy producing the games.

You must be quite exausted after such a long day of bullshitting people. I mean, answering all thoses questions without mentioning his name, not even once, must have been quite a challenge. You even had to let people believe that you actually made the games all by yourself for them to stop raising their eyebrows. If that's not love, I don't know what it is. ATOMIKWAVE / NCI must be so proud of you.

It really was a great idea for you two to team up. People are starting to get suspicious about ATOMIKWAVE / NCI. All those threads full of informations about his past, his lies and all the scams he orchestrated. It would have been a nightmare for him to discuss his new release here. Come to think of it, wasn't he war-room locked and market banned a few years ago?

Either way, a new face was definitely needed to to keep all the usual neo-geo.com drama away. That's totally understandable. Great thinking there guys! I understand that dispite all the hate ATOMIKWAVE / NCI has been getting on here, he just can't give up and ignore just how profitable selling on the neo-geo.com forums can be. Especially when most of the french customers already bought their copies on the french forums. You gotta go international to keep the business rolling. Great team work guys! I'm impressed!

Oh and by the way, you did a really great job with the arts and all but I'm kinda sad you had to hide ATOMIKWAVE / NCI 's hard work. I know he's getting most of the money as a compensation but still. He made a freaking hundred copies of the game. I think he deserves some recognition. So yeah, say hi and thank you to him for me please.

Peace.

tumblr_niagrfUTZ61rxf6yzo1_250.gif

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Anything to make a quick buck off of few schmucks.

Disgusting.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Nice passive/agressive writing.

I'm indeed bying the pbc/cart to atomikwave.
And i'm hoping that at some point there are others guys providing the same service, cos price need to be lowered.

Just to know, would you have prefered me saccing cart ?
Or u'd rather I contact your canadian friend ? You know, the one with a soldering company ?
Or just do nothing cos things need to be kept as they are.

He is my cart supplier, I am not hiding it at all.
No serious other way of getting cart/pcb out there.
Its you that is completely focused on him.

Its written in the booklet. How can you say its hidden. You can even see it on the picture Im providing.
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/rud6.jpg

Again Atomikwave is just a supplier to me.
As is Walter, the spanish providing the new soft boxes.
I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do.
What does interest me is what they can provide that i cant get elsewhere. period.

Man t'es vraiment parano. C'est pas la mafia ici.
Compare ce travail au packaging de B2B / TOTC / breakers stp. Comment tu peux m'associer à lui.

sorry about french guys. Too hangry to keep a control on how i would write it in english.
I know you are not a bad person cory. But I firmly disagree with some of your positions. We both know it.
Dont bring this war here please. Beeing as honest as possible as you can see.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Guys.

I'm a human beeing. Not the Master in Disguise. Stop it with fascism/parano.

an aes game is 3 thing.
- hardware
- software
- paper/packaging.

This project is providing new paper/packaging to unused officialy software, using hacked/new hardware. Quite simple.

Gather your thought plz...

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Ah seriously fuck you corry.
The whole point of me comming here is for you to have same price as french forum.
gtfo for real, you have no clue on what is it to build up a project with your guts.

You have pissed me, gj.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The whole point of me comming here is for you to have same price as french forum.
gtfo for real, you have no clue on what is it to build up a project with your guts.

You have pissed me, gj.

So you said in the first post it was a "picture sharing post", but above just wrote that the whole reason you came here was to offer it at the same price as the French forum. I gave you the benefit of the doubt too. You didn't do shit with these, your just another NCI middle man. Please go back to your French forums, nobody wants your shit being sold here.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Nice passive/agressive writing.

I'm indeed bying the pbc/cart to atomikwave.
And i'm hoping that at some point there are others guys providing the same service, cos price need to be lowered.

Just to know, would you have prefered me saccing cart ?
Or u'd rather I contact your canadian friend ? You know, the one with a soldering company ?
Or just do nothing cos things need to be kept as they are.

He is my cart supplier, I am not hiding it at all.
No serious other way of getting cart/pcb out there.
Its you that is completely focused on him.

Its written in the booklet. How can you say its hidden. You can even see it on the picture Im providing.
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/rud6.jpg

Again Atomikwave is just a supplier to me.
As is Walter, the spanish providing the new soft boxes.
I dont give a shit about those guys work or what they do.
What does interest me is what they can provide that i cant get elsewhere. period.

Man t'es vraiment parano. C'est pas la mafia ici.
Compare ce travail au packaging de B2B / TOTC / breakers stp. Comment tu peux m'associer à lui.

sorry about french guys. Too hangry to keep a control on how i would write it in english.
I know you are not a bad person cory. But I firmly disagree with some of your positions. We both know it.
Dont bring this war here please. Beeing as honest as possible as you can see.

Guys.

I'm a human beeing. Not the Master in Disguise. Stop it with fascism/parano.

an aes game is 3 thing.
- hardware
- software
- paper/packaging.

This project is providing new paper/packaging to unused officialy software, using hacked/new hardware. Quite simple.

Gather your thought plz...

You have pissed me, gj.

3 posts in a row? I must have struck a nerve :keke:

I genuinely LOL'ed when you associated me with DavidG though, that was a good one :lolz:

Now please GTFO with your ATOMIKWAVE / NCI crap.

Kthxbye :)

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
You 2 guys are crazy.

As I said we obviously dont have the same vision of what should be the neo scene.
Well, there is one good news, neither of you is a mod here.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You 2 guys are crazy.

As I said we obviously dont have the same vision of what should be the neo scene.

Supporting the work of a known scammer sure is a vision of the Neo scene I don't share with you.

If you were who you say you are, you wouldn't force people to buy ATOMIKWAVE's game to get your art. You're full of shit and you know it.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
You're full of shit and you know it.
I know why and how i did this project.
Making this happen was in itself an adventure.
I very well know where i stand, and it dont smell like shit.

Supporting the work of a known scammer sure is a vision of the Neo scene I don't share with you.
If you were who you say you are, you wouldn't force people to buy ATOMIKWAVE's game to get your art. You're full of shit and you know it.
I am not supporting his work, and I honestly dont care about it.
I am just interested in his pcb, as they just allowed for this project to happen.
He is not my bread and butter, I would consider any serious proposal of sacrifice free work flow.

And no i wont propose my work without a full game, that would be supporting saccing carts as you would not miss to remind me.

edit : yes you have quite pissed me. Because I feel you dont take the time to read what I take the time to write. And because there will allways be those who whine, and those who do. As I have said hundred of time, I'm interested in the neogeo as a scene, and as an opportunity to create (software, packaging...). If you dont know me thats because I have been busy doing child book, board games and other stuff for the last 15 years while having forgotten my aes in a closet. Sorry, I'm here to make things happen. Thats who I am. You dont want things to happen ? I dont care as that will not prevent me from thinking of new project. Cant believe you brought this war of yours in here.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Did you buy one of HPMAN's copies in '03 or did you get the ROM?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Did you buy one of HPMAN's copies in '03 or did you get the ROM?

Considering how HPMAN hates ATOMIKWAVE, I'm pretty sure they had to download the ROM, your ROM. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't mention your name in that manual though.

Mathieu, I'm at work now, I'll get back to you later, sit tight :)