Ghostlop 20th anniversary AES

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello lads.

Ive been toying with this idea for a while.

Ghostlop would have been 20 this year.
Why not doing an overall rework of its packaging ? Well, rework. Nothing official exist.
Thinking about what could snk have done about it. Something that suggest, something toyish in a way.
But respectfull for the work that has been done on ghostlop by Dataeast.

And now its done. Time to share.

GHOSTLOP_JP_1.jpg

US highres pictures
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/emvj.jpg
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/rud6.jpg
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/2sry.jpg
insert close-up
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/cboz.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/oee5.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/izim.jpg

GHOSTLOP_US_1.jpg

JP highres pictures
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/z9kb.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/rnbw.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/z664.jpg
insert close-up
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/6oz1.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/xbtr.jpg
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/20/m6a3.jpg

Total production is 50 unit US, and 50 unit JP. Both numbered.

So, whats in this.

- new art, new text, us/jap.

- offset (heidelberg inside) printed insert.

- 16pp manual (full illus, offset r/v cover, inside n&b).

- 20pp full color liflet about the story of the proto. Had words with pitt, fred...
have quite dug, found a few stuff worth writing, given the opportunity to the lads to talk about their part in this saga.
20pp only, but quite some work.

- funky stickers for numering. Same shit I had with bubblegom.
Sry, wanted this. Stickers on pcb/manual/pvc card/ insert.

- some random stuff (pvc card, coaster..)

- put down a work flow for new soft box / new pcb, new cartridge.
Hence this is 100% sacrifice free.

Now the disclaimer part :

Is this a boot ?
Yes.

Do i have any kind of legitimacy doing this ?
No. Still i did this quite seriously.

Why did i do this projet ?
Because i could.

Why soft box ?
Because new soft box are better than new hard box.
And because it allows for a bigger pic and is a bit less expensive.
Hard box are for soft cock. Period.

Can I flame you about beeing french and doing a boot ?
Plz be smarter than that.

Thank you for reading me :)

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hello lads.

Ive been toying with this idea for a while.

Ghostlop would have been 20 this year.
Why not doing an overall rework of its packaging ? Well, rework. Nothing official exist.
Thinking about what could snk have done about it. Something that suggest, something toyish in a way.
But respectfull for the work that has been done on ghostlop by Dataeast.

And now its done. Time to share.

View attachment 36137View attachment 36138View attachment 36139View attachment 36140View attachment 36141View attachment 36142View attachment 36143View attachment 36144View attachment 36145View attachment 36146

I've sold 30 or so on french forum last days, but here is not my home, as i'm told most of the time i open my mouth.
So first of all, this is not a selling topic.
This is a picture sharing topic.
No mp, ty.

So, whats in this.

- new art, new text, us/jap.

- offset (heidelberg inside) printed insert.

- 16pp manual (full illus, offset r/v cover, inside n&b).

- 20pp full color liflet about the story of the proto. Had words with pitt, fred...
have quite dug, found a few stuff worth writing, given the opportunity to the lads to talk about their part in this saga.
20pp only, but quite some work.

- funky stickers for numering. Same shit I had with bubblegom.
Sry, wanted this. Stickers on pcb/manual/pvc card/ insert.

- some random stuff (pvc card, coaster..)

- put down a work flow for new soft box / new pcb, new cartridge.
Hence this is 100% sacrifice free.

Now the disclaimer part :

Is this a boot ?
Yes.

Do i have any kind of legitimacy doing this ?
No. Still i did this quite seriously.

Why did i do this projet ?
Because i could.

Why soft box ?
Because new soft box are better than new hard box.
And because it allows for a bigger pic and is a bit less expensive.
Hard box are for soft cock. Period.

Can I flame you about beeing french and doing a boot ?
Plz be smarter than that.

Thank you for reading me :)

Last time you were here you said you didn't make bootlegs... You were just posting about how nice the NCI stuff was.

Ban pls.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Last time you were here you said you didn't make bootlegs... You were just posting about how nice the NCI stuff was.
Ban pls.

Last time i had not made any.
Sorry, but i cant read your mind i dont see your point.
And please, avoid mass quoting, as it is a pain to read.

edit : My though is that you, as an art student, should at least appreciate the work that has been done here. Toying with code cannot be that unfamilliar.
We shd talk on chat one day, so you can explain your point of view. For now, to me each of your post are just showing off your hate.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
The meg count is also 90, not 98.

According to hpman the actual megcount is 78, else being filled with fake data.

Xian says 90, else being fake.

Different ways of doing the math.

The correct answer would be : the total megcount is 98, some of wich is unused.
98 is a number without question. 98 it is then.

When doing this project, i have fall upon a few commonly repeated error. Regarding the ngf press cuts for exemple.

I'd take much care about stating facts without quoting sources, mate :)

Thx for your post tho.

Last edited:

Speed3

Marked Wolf
The art work is very well done. I think that our community has very strong feelings about reproduction material that will instantly sour some people to your work. I think it would be pretty cool to take your talent and inspiration and make Neo posters, prints, shirts, and stuff. That sort of merch usually receives a much warmer welcom on this forum.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
According to hpman the actual megcount is 78, else being filled with fake data.

Xian says 90, else being fake.

Different ways of doing the math.

The correct answer would be : the total megcount is 98, some of wich is unused.
98 is a number without question. 98 it is then.

When doing this project, i have fall upon a few commonly repeated error. Regarding the ngf press cuts for exemple.

I'd take much care about stating facts without quoting sources, mate :)

Thx for your post tho.

I just examined the roms myself and 90 is where it adds up if you include the padded data. If you remove the padding, it shrinks down to 74. So how ever you got 98, it's completely wrong. And the official source is the roms, not some dude trying to inflate the meg count on a fake release.

One more thing, when it came to calculating the meg count, even SNK didn't include the padded data in their total. For example, 2020 Super Baseball has a meg count of 46 but the mask roms equal 54.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The print quality or at least the detail in logos looks great. Other than that I find this so completely unnecessary but hey it does look pretty cool. I find it funny how the OP says he's not trying to sell and yet he says he sold 30 elsewhere, clearly an open invitation for private sales, sneaky fuck...lol.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If Crossed Swords 2 is OK, then so is this. Nice work! Quality looks probably better than SNK would have done :keke:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The print quality or at least the detail in logos looks great. Other than that I find this so completely unnecessary but hey it does look pretty cool. I find it funny how the OP says he's not trying to sell and yet he says he sold 30 elsewhere, clearly an open invitation for private sales, sneaky fuck...lol.

I was just about to post that this reads as a thinly veiled "for offer" sales thread in the creative forum. Since this is in creative, how about some pdfs for the kids to print at home? That's usually how it works here.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The artwork is SICK! (that means good) Where's the female dispatcher?
BB

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
clearly an open invitation for private sales, sneaky fuck...lol.

I clearly stated : no mp.
At one point, i will maybe offer some for sale. But not here, not now, and publicly.
Id rather that than people making profit with my work on ebay.

Is it necessary ? No... Well aes is not necessary. You dont need a packaging to play a game. A book dont need a cover. However i feel that those are story telling ellement, they increase the gaming experience. To me at least. I believe that what the aes is about.

This said, thx for your kind work lads. There truly is some heart and some work in there.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
The female dispatcher is in the manual. More drawing in there.

About giving stuff free... You mean so ppl can sacrifice cart ?
Im planning on doing a pdf free for neocd with this. Will be for free on kuk website probably in july.
The aes, i worked hard, i want it printed good. Not on shitty epson blue print. Sorry about that.

Sorry double post

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

This about sums it up. Nice work from a technical standpoint. The item.itself is totally not necessary. The coasters are oddly out of place too. Other then that, you're clearly using this thread to drum up sales. I don't care about this game, but your clearly the one that made the other bootlegs. We don't want those here.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
LoL France. Ban please.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How so, did Raz made a thread in creative with a hint at probable sales? No! So WTF?!

So you have a problem with it just because it was posted in the wrong forum? BTW, Raz posted about CS2 in News & Rumors, not the Market, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The point that I made earlier where you posted right after. Read it again in case you missed it.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
How so, did Raz made a thread in creative with a hint at probable sales? No! So WTF?!
I thought this thru, and here seemed the less intrusive place to post.
I honestly dont know where would have been a better place.
You prefer discovering new stuff on ebay, or having someone that puts his balls on the table coming here ?

This about sums it up. Nice work from a technical standpoint.
Technical being an insult. You could not resist. I'd love to see your work.

I don't care about this game, but your clearly the one that made the other bootlegs. We don't want those here.
I got no clue what you are talking about. Well, you neither ;)

edit : chill... why so much passion/hanger about this...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think it could have been better presented and even better received had you not insinuated any sort of sales. Just the way you come across seems sneaky, you're not putting any balls in here, you are simply trying to plant some interest, let's not be condescending now, to deny such would be ridiculous, specially after this...
You prefer discovering new stuff on ebay, or having someone that puts his balls on the table coming here ?

Edit: Also, DZ isn't insulting your work, it's clear the artwork and printing process is really good as he noted it, he also wasn't the only one including myself.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
double post, sorry again.

@electric grave : if a mod ask me, i'd just delete this a do a market post. no problem.. i just wanna share, no clash.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I thought this thru, and here seemed the less intrusive place to post.
I honestly dont know where would have been a better place.

Technical being an insult. You could not resist. I'd love to see your work.

I got no clue what you are talking about. Well, you neither ;)

edit : chill... why so much passion/hanger about this...

I was giving you a compliment...your very technically skilled. The subject matter IMO is boring. If you can't take constructive criticism, you would never make it in the design field.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
You have to understand, that this kind of project require bulks of dedication, time, money and energy.
And carefull planing. So trial of intent are a bit of a pain, even more in a langage i dont master.

Well, getting over it.
I'm ready to ajust/adapt whats needed.
Kinda hard to guess the right way to do honestly, you guys can be unpredictable.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You have to understand, that this kind of project require bulks of dedication, time, money and energy.
And carefull planing. So trial of intent are a bit of a pain, even more in a langage i dont master.

Well, getting over it.
I'm ready to ajust/adapt whats needed.
Kinda hard to guess the right way to do honestly, you guys can be unpredictable.

If you haven't led off with the post about the NCI boots, I think we'd all be on a whole different level right now man.

Moving past it, I find the orange off putting as hell. It contrasts way too much with the label. Same with the bright blue. If you're gonna do the classic US design, I'd say keep it classic. I love cover design. Did you commission he art or do it yourself?