[Poll] What level do you play on?

What level do you play on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It depends on the game. Metal Slug, I try to play in on hardest because I am decent at normal level, and want to improve. Fighters, I play them at normal - easy levels, because I suck at them badly. If my life depends on a hadoken, there's a 50-50 chance I'll die. Streets of rage 2, I play it on Mania :)

I put giant dicks in my mouth when it comes to games, so I usually play on pretty low levels the first time I play or if I want to see the end of the game. Normally, however, I play on the default level to try to make myself suck at the game less.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Level 4 for some games like Pulstar, or Last Hope, Level 8 on most others.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I play on the hardest setting possible with freeplay......

I hate playing fighting games vs the CPU. Might work on move inputs and all, but overall your just learning patterns and it just feel stupid, i prefer Human Level on fighters.

Last edited:

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Like most here I'm always level 4 - the way its meant to be played. Annoyingly I've found though on most fighters I can get to the end boss on 1 or 2 credits usually, well on KoF games at least then get utterly destroyed in the cheapest way possible....I'm looking at you Rugal KOF 2002!!!!!

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I hope everyone realizes the default on AES for most games is 3.

I always play on 4.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I usually leave a game on it's default difficulty. Which I thought was 4 on MVS. I want to play these games as they were intended.
But I do find most games pretty hard at default. I played a lot of Ninja Masters on the default difficulty and I cannot get past Ranmaru.

I played Metal Slug 3 on the PS4 with unlimited credits. That game is really long considering how hard it is. I can't imagine how skilled someone has to be to beat it with just 3-4 credits.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
4, because I'm not good enough to win on 8 anymore, lol

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I mostly suck at all neo games as much as I love them. The only thing im good at is Metal Slug. I can absolutely beat the first 4 stages of MS1 without dying on MVS settings and normally finish it on 1 coin. As far as fighting games go only game I cat normally beat is Rage of the Dragons, KOF 99 / 2k1 and those are at default settings sometimes lower to try to curve the cheapness of final bosses but it doesnt really help.

I feel all the older games are vastly easier like Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting. I really enjoy the real bout games as they've got the perfect level of balance.

The only game I ever got boss at was Neogeo Battle Colosseum which I played on 8 and could rape the shit of everything. Never died until final boss. Some times never even got touched.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I guess I need more than a couple posts to vote, but I play on default which is Lv4 on my MVS cabinet. That said, I have hat 161in1 cart and that dumb thing has some games set at lv8 so I end up doing that on a few of them at times so I'm kind of all over the place.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I hope everyone realizes the default on AES for most games is 3.

I always play on 4.

No I didn't - I'm a whiny bitch then - I play everything on the default difficulty that the game sets when I set my Unibios to AES mode.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I mostly suck at all neo games as much as I love them. The only thing im good at is Metal Slug. I can absolutely beat the first 4 stages of MS1 without dying on MVS settings and normally finish it on 1 coin. As far as fighting games go only game I cat normally beat is Rage of the Dragons, KOF 99 / 2k1 and those are at default settings sometimes lower to try to curve the cheapness of final bosses but it doesnt really help.

I feel all the older games are vastly easier like Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting. I really enjoy the real bout games as they've got the perfect level of balance.

The only game I ever got boss at was Neogeo Battle Colosseum which I played on 8 and could rape the shit of everything. Never died until final boss. Some times never even got touched.

Wut, Fatal Fury and Art of Fightng are stupid dump hard. Especially Art of Fighting.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Level one. I set all my games that way on first boot. That's for my son when's he's playing when I'm not around. Most of the time I leave it that way when I play, and just work on high scores or 1cc.I do find most of the fighters are way too easy at that level tho, and occasionally crank it up.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
2 or 4 depending on the game. I find level 2 for Metal Slug 3 ideal because i can almost 1CC it on that level (second half in the space ship with all the zombies is where i mostly die then). Blazing Star is way to easy on the early levels if you put it any lower then 4 so it stays on 4. Neo Drift Out and Shock Troopers i also play on 4 because otherwise there would be barely any challenge to them.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Level 8 on games im good at like fatal fury 2, samurai shodown 2 and MOTW . Level 4 on other beat em ups and quit as soon as i lose once as dont like continuing on beat em ups. Non beat em ups though i will play on level 1 with unlimited continues and just have some fun and dont care how many times i get killed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Level 4 but it could be better on level 1.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
What level do you play your Neo games on? I've always just kept the games on level 4 as the default. But last night I got tired of getting rekt in KOF2k and decided to switched it up to level 1.

The game was much more enjoyable when I actually had a chance of winning. Level1 was probably too low as I was able to 1CC the game but I think I might start putting all games on level 2 or 3.

What level do you play at? Do you feel like a mark ass bitch not playing on atleast level 4?
Depends on the game.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I always start on default settings and after getting good enough I start to work my way up to the highest difficulty in games for all platforms.

When playing games on MVS multi-carts, I check the difficulty settings before I start, because they can be all over the place.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Yeah, I also leave the cab on 4 for pretty much everything. I play so seldom these days that I mostly get stomped before I've cleared more than a few stages of anything, but I'm not especially concerned about it. As long as everything's still challenging, I'll leave it at 4.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Level 4 always, imagine Magician Lord on level 8 would be absolute hell. :help: