Metal Slug 3 AES Bootleg?

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I do not want to open my Metal Slug 3 AES cart. Can someone tell me the weight of their genuine cart so I can compare?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Is the insert, manual and sticker legit?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If it tastes like chicken keep on lickin' if it smells like trout throw it out.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I would love to post pics, but for some reason I cannot attach pictures. Is there a way to do this?

if you still have difficulty uploading pictures via our website, try to use other sites like photobucket and paste the link.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Only way you're gonna know for sure is to crack it open unfortunately. Most people bank on the fact that people don't want to ruin the artwork, but you're not going to know until you do.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hey LiquidSnake,
Yes the cart I have has 2 of the boards that are blackish at the end and the front of the cart buckles a little. Apparently HeavyMachineGun told me that these carts did not fit flush because the plastic spindles inside are a little longer than the older ones.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I posted about the weight idea awhile back. While it would help to confirm whether it's eprom/tsop or mask roms, if your cart uses MVS mask roms, you're back to square one.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's not a sign of it being a bootleg, I used to have a KOF 99 with the same problem and it was original.

xorthen

Banned
Where did you buy the cart from? Do you have a close up shot of the manual and the label? I recommend you open it up yourself to check. I would not practice opening your carts on a cart like that though. You may break a tab or rip the label if you screw it up.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I bought it off a guy at the Nintendo Age forums. He told me he bought it from a collector with other high end games. He also told me that it was purchased from Play Asia back when they were carrying it. Unfortunately there is no manual. But the cart plastic does not have any marks around it that would be from a tool so that is a good sign.

Where did you buy the cart from? Do you have a close up shot of the manual and the label? I recommend you open it up yourself to check. I would not practice opening your carts on a cart like that though. You may break a tab or rip the label if you screw it up.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
He goes by the name of Chillimac and he has quite a reputation over there. I think he recently was getting out of the Neo Geo scene.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
If done properly AES carts don't get damage from opening them you don't need tools either just your fingers and a plastic card if needed. Just push on the right spots and open the cart, practice on a cheaper cart if you have to.