Most underrated Neo game

-SD-

Camel Slug
Captain Tomaday and Burning Fight. Tomaday is one of those games that should have had a CD release.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I really like Blue's Journey, and I hardly ever see people mention Fatal Fury 3. That game is a great predecessor to Real Bout, it really sent the series in the right direction

I'd go further and say FF3's gameplay > any Real Bout gameplay.
It's bizarre to play a FF game without both low and fierce punch/kicks.

Dedicated button for line sway is dumb.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I never hear much about Neo Bomberman. Sure there are better bomberman games out there but I've always liked the one on the neo.

Neo Drift Out is another little gem I regret selling all those years ago.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The hate for Shock Troopers 2 is bogus. That game is awesome.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

It suffers the same problem as Metal Slug 4. It's not that they are horrible games, I like ST2 as well as MS4, the problem is that their quality is not what it was expected of their name. If they had different names, I guess people would like them more. Or not, whatever.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

It suffers the same problem as Metal Slug 4. It's not that they are horrible games, I like ST2 as well as MS4, the problem is that their quality is not what it was expected of their name. If they had different names, I guess people would like them more. Or not, whatever.

I like the gameplay in ST2, only thing I hated was the switch to those digitized graphics, I love the pixel art look of the original.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I see, i enjoyed playing alittle SvC, but the hit boxes were so funky it was abit off putting. i know there are a few hacks of it. Heard there was one that fixed the hit boxes and one that had the kof style evasive roll. If those are in that version then i would def agree.
I'm definitely talking about the hack with fixed hit detection and roll. :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

I like the gameplay in ST2, only thing I hated was the switch to those digitized graphics, I love the pixel art look of the original.

Truth on both accounts. If there was no original Shock Troopers, I think ST2 would be judged less harshly. I forget when ST2 came out, but I imagine it was around that time where the pre-rendered look was a thing for 2D gaming. The one thing that always sticks out for me on that game is the explosions. It looks like they digitized actual explosions.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

there was a time when i liked st2 more than the original. besides the visual downgrade, i don't like that they switch the jump button with the bomb, and the inconsistency in the games difficulty, where the game jumps from super easy to kill your self hard. but in neo terms of quality, these are just minor complaints. because if not compared to the original, shock troopers 2 is a A+ game.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
I'm pretty partial to Crossed Swords, and I don't really hear a lot of people talk about it.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Super Sidekicks 2 - "The trainer cheering", ads that say things like "shoes" - it's glorious

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Ninja masters for me. I know it's loved but I never hear anyone loving it as much as the ss and lb series.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Ninja masters for me. I know it's loved but I never hear anyone loving it as much as the ss and lb series.

Some aspects of it are definitely underrated, the combo-system being a prominent example. The old "easy to learn, hard to master" rule is here eminent. And that's a proof of the pure depth behind it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'm definitely talking about the hack with fixed hit detection and roll. :)

So which one has all this? My 161 has Plus, Remix and super plus and none of those has the kof roll. Or is it a different input to perform the roll. Finally got my cab up and running and that was the first thing i checked cause its been on my mind since you mentioned.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
for me it's Neo Drift Out, played this at my buddies the other night on his Big Red, I never really gave the game a chance but I had a blast playing it, trying to perfect every turn and drift just to hit that finish line it was intense.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah, Drift Out is awesome... but too short :(

AcidRedux

n00b
Man I've been hooked on Blue's Journey. Who knew saving the peaceful planet of Raguy could be so fun.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
At first glance it's so so fun, but as soon as you get the boss tactics right it becomes so fun all right! Underlined, bold, cursive, with more o's added and what not. Oh, and ADK... knew, too.

Edit...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Controversial opinion (probably) but the whole damn samurai shodown series (especially II). It got hugely overshadowed by KoF and Fatal Fury, but it's an amazing fighting series in its own right. Long flashy combos and crazy rosters can be fun, but it's a great feeling to just bap somebody in the head with one hit of your sword for like half their health.

Matrimele or Kabuki Klash.

Yeah, Kabuki Klash also, for the same reasons.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Controversial opinion (probably) but the whole damn samurai shodown series (especially II).

How do you figure? SSII was a huge release and regarded as the best game in the series, as well as one of the system's best games.

Far from "underrated."