OFFICIAL Video Game Street Art Thread!

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
There have been some posts here and there about Metal Slug themed street murals on the forum. They're pretty rad.

Let's conglomerate ALL teh gamez in to this thread. I found an Oddworld and Earthworm Jim mural while I was wandering around the Five Points neighborhood of Denver last Friday.

oxT3tqJ.jpg

ZPvewuE.jpg

Photographed any during your travels? Seent a goodun on them there internetz? Post it up. :cool:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Metal Slug stuff that has been posted in the past...

3332601407_7345bb8662_b.jpg

trRseB6.jpg

3419278288_c9afdf9146_b.jpg

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Someone hated this Venusaur, lulz. Five Points, Denver.

iidMYTc.jpg

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i remember this being on one of the streets in london. don't think it's there any more.

Metal-Gear-Rising-Leeds-fin.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yoga Flame! Dhalsim in Nashville.

PQZB1yu.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's some awesome stuff! I like the Dhalism and EWJ ones the best. Unfortunately, the graffitti/street "artists" around here are only capable of depicting profanity and genitalia--and it's noteworthy if they can even manage to spell correctly.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Great posts, guyz! KEEP EM COMING!!!! I'm sure we can find more if we get out and explore, I've barely touched the tip of the iceberg here in Denver.

That's some awesome stuff! I like the Dhalism and EWJ ones the best. Unfortunately, the graffitti/street "artists" around here are only capable of depicting profanity and genitalia--and it's noteworthy if they can even manage to spell correctly.

Keep your eyes on Detroit, lots of artists have been flocking to Downtown and the Riverfront District in the last couple years. Last I checked, I couldn't find a vacant apartment in Downtown Detroit for less than $1k, last summer there were plenty of CHEAP, available studios in Downtown.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There was a pac-man painted onto the side of a bridge in Ellicottville NY between the 80s until the late 90s.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
These were all over the Saint-Germain-des-Prés¸ area in Paris a couple years ago:
1LdxTse.jpg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
These were all over the Saint-Germain-des-Pr駸ク area in Paris a couple years ago:
1LdxTse.jpg

Haha I was just going to post these. The guy behind them - Invader - has a pretty big presence in Paris and regularly visits other countries; Hong Kong, Japan, USA, etc. Lots of influence from video games and other cultural icons.
http://www.space-invaders.com/home/

IMG_1401_zps8elaku9y.jpg

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Great posts opt2not and egg_sanwich!

UPDATE: Weather has been absolute SHIT here in Denver the last few days, I don't want my camera getting soaked. I'm still combing the urban core of the city looking for MOAR gaemz. I've knocked out most of the alleys in Five Points, working on Capitol Hill tomorrow.

Surprisingly, the 1up Barcade on Colfax had a bunch of graffiti style art on the side of it, but wasn't game related. :spock:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
So I have yet to find anything video game related that's real professional, like the EWJ and OW.

Found a few VERY shoddy Boos and Triforces, though I did find THIS little gem, same style as the pixel mosaics that opt2not posted.

Cherry Creek Trail, Denver:
xxhorOe.jpg

Here it is again, just mo' zoomed in.
1JX7Ovt.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This is an awesome thread and tho I didn't capture anything myself yet, here's a well known classic from teh webz:

t48wjw8by7rke3bccias

There are a lot of Pac-Arts around, but this is the most affecting one. Once you see it, every zebra will trigger it back.

Edit: Here's a cool variation...

Spoiler:
254631.jpg

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
grLVdoL.png

Found this on teh internetz and I love it. Banksy style. :glee:

PS: NGCDFreak is a little bitch.

@M

20 Year Member
Cool additions, both the Pac-Man ones and Mario with the B&W dude lecturing him on the proper use of hallucinogenic fungi.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Cool additions, both the Pac-Man ones and Mario with the B&W dude lecturing him on the proper use of hallucinogenic fungi.

LOL, I'm pretty sure the B&W is a cop. Looks like a police officer from the UK (banksy is British). Mario is getting busted. He's off to the slammer.

@M

20 Year Member
And here I was thinking he was a taxi driver (the checkered cap)--I'd better never break any laws in the UK, because I obviously can't tell who the po-po are.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
So I have yet to find anything video game related that's real professional, like the EWJ and OW.

Found a few VERY shoddy Boos and Triforces, though I did find THIS little gem, same style as the pixel mosaics that opt2not posted.

Cherry Creek Trail, Denver:
xxhorOe.jpg

Here it is again, just mo' zoomed in.
1JX7Ovt.jpg

not workng for me.. if its just me just a check in reminder for me