Anyone want to fix my Final Fight PCB for me? (I'll pay, obviously)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
My first suggestion would be first try to make sure which of the three boards is the faulty one. If it's the A board, it might be the RAM (it seems it's prone to failure). If it's the B board, then check the socketed chips comparing them with the MAME set. If it's the C board, I think you will need to buy another one because AFAIK those chips are not fixable.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I do not have any spare parts and therefore have no way of knowing which board is faulty. This is why I want to pay someone else to do it. I appreciate the reply, but this thread is really for me to find someone to fix my PCB, and not for troubleshooting advice.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I do not have any spare parts and therefore have no way of knowing which board is faulty. This is why I want to pay someone else to do it. I appreciate the reply, but this thread is really for me to find someone to fix my PCB, and not for troubleshooting advice.
His message was most useful IMO. Don't waste your money sending your boards to someone if it's not fixable (C board).
So yeah, try find someone nearby that has a CPS1 setup first (mustn't be too difficult).

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
His message was most useful IMO. Don't waste your money sending your boards to someone if it's not fixable (C board).
So yeah, try find someone nearby that has a CPS1 setup first (mustn't be too difficult).

This. IMO, there's no point spending $20 each way safely shipping a broken board that's worth $100-$120 without knowing if it's even fixable.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I can empathise with Jibs. Looking at the other thread and knowing the fault prone A boards. I would definitely start there. The problem is, if you've got no other working A boards to test with, there's not much you can do, except buy another working CPS1 full setup and go from there. If the A board is faulty, it's pretty much bin worthy or on the shelf for parts, they're a bitch to fix from what I've read.

Good luck in getting the service the board deserves.