Overall computer issues...

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Depends. Another idea that just popped into my head, try another SATA port. If that doesn't work, the RAID or something in the BIOS might be fucked up. I know that was a huge deal in the IDE days, but SATAs a little more versatile with that stuff.

So, let's say, worst-case scenario the controller is fucked. Would a SATA card work for loading the OS and whatnot straight after POST?

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
So, let's say, worst-case scenario the controller is fucked. Would a SATA card work for loading the OS and whatnot straight after POST?

It should. During POST, the board looks for devices, GPUs, and such, so it should see the card. Either way, if you have one around, why not try it?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
It should. During POST, the board looks for devices, GPUs, and such, so it should see the card. Either way, if you have one around, why not try it?

I'll have to pick one up. There's a computer recycler that I get parts from (fully tested with warranties) that usually has one or 20 available.

Thanks!

Now, can anyone tell me why I'm getting crackling sound/stuttering video going 1080p/60fps on YouTube videos (both HTML5 and Flash) while using Google Chrome but not in Microsoft Edge?

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll have to pick one up. There's a computer recycler that I get parts from (fully tested with warranties) that usually has one or 20 available.

Thanks!

Now, can anyone tell me why I'm getting crackling sound/stuttering video going 1080p/60fps on YouTube videos (both HTML5 and Flash) while using Google Chrome but not in Microsoft Edge?

Because HTML5 and Flash both don't like Chrome, from what I've seen. Probably has something due to how much RAM Chrome uses. Edge is decent at memory management and speed, just don't like its UI or I'd use it all the time.

To fix Chrome, I suggest installing Pale Moon or Chromium and see where that gets you.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Because HTML5 and Flash both don't like Chrome, from what I've seen. Probably has something due to how much RAM Chrome uses. Edge is decent at memory management and speed, just don't like its UI or I'd use it all the time.

To fix Chrome, I suggest installing Pale Moon or Chromium and see where that gets you.

Seems like anything based on Chromium doesn't like running the videos at 1080p 60fps. I've tried Chrome Canary, Opera, and Comodo Dragon. All the same. Stinks.

Mozilla based ones work fine, as well as IE.

I'm even hearing stuttering and crackling every so often going at 720p 60fps...man, I might have to switch to either Edge or Mozilla.

Last edited: