KOF Series: Does anyone really use Chris?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
He's just the worst looking character in the series. Maybe one of the worst of all time in a neo geo game. Or any fighting game. He may be good, I don't know, I refuse to use him.

But does anyone actually use him because they think he's just a cool character?

I actually think I hate him. My hatred for him is right up there with Chun Li in the Street Fighter series.

Fuck Chris!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Chris is hands down one of the best characters in 98. His jump CD is the stuff of nightmares.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Were his killer combos too much for you mon?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah Chris is pretty good his character design isn't that great but I wouldn't say it's the worst. I pick characters by how good their moves are regardless of how cool they look. I just happen to pick the cooler characters I like more lol

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Were his killer combos too much for you mon?

Nah, I rarely have issues in KOF games till the final boss, or mid boss. I just can't get into characters that are not appealing to me. I don't really care how good they are, if I'm not into their design, I just can't have fun with them.

I really am just curious if anyone uses him. You never hear people talk about Chris. They always talk about Robert, Iori, Mai, Terry, and the other popular characters.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
yeah, sucks that his name has to be chris, WTF...more like claudio

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Nah, I rarely have issues in KOF games till the final boss, or mid boss. I just can't get into characters that are not appealing to me. I don't really care how good they are, if I'm not into their design, I just can't have fun with them.

I really am just curious if anyone uses him. You never hear people talk about Chris. They always talk about Robert, Iori, Mai, Terry, and the other popular characters.

That's how I feel about guilty gear... love testament, Bridget, anji, baiken... none of them were in the new one, so it was hard for me to enjoy it

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i don't remember ever playing as any of the orochi team. they never really appealed to me.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Maybe...

But do you like him? As a character, not just a guy with a killer combo?

do i like him as a character? ..am i fucking retarded?

he's some pixels on a screen i use to beat people with. yall get video games twisted sometimes.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
do i like him as a character? ..am i fucking retarded?

he's some pixels on a screen i use to beat people with. yall get video games twisted sometimes.

Nothing twisted about it. Im just not the type to jump on the bandwagon just because a character is good. I prefer to use characters i like, and that i have fun playing. And thats rarely top tier. Im not competing with anyone anyway. Im playing one player at home. So tiers mean nothing to me.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
;m.,smh;x,sc cm c cw; wq' c. c. c.Qceqcc' cs,
= murder.,super-murder-hate;eXtreme,super-combo combo-more cunt cuntwagon; wickedqueer' chris. christopher. crissy. Queercuntextracrazycombo' christ-sake,

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Chris is fine. I used to dislike him, but he grew on me.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I don't like him, like him. But I am in like with Orochi Chris '97. It's fun cheaply kicking the crap out of teams, sometimes.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Any Chris is top tier material ( gamplay wise ). I prefer his Orochi version/moveset.

@Greedo : You're putting Chris on Bao's league buddy. Chris kicks ass. He may not be the most appealing char in the KOF universe, but he's really strong and fun to play. Has lots of traps/setups. Definitely one of the most dangerous chars in 98 at least.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Any Chris is top tier material ( gamplay wise ). I prefer his Orochi version/moveset.

@Greedo : You're putting Chris on Bao's league buddy. Chris kicks ass. He may not be the most appealing char in the KOF universe, but he's really strong and fun to play. Has lots of traps/setups. Definitely one of the most dangerous chars in 98 at least.

Top tier? Where are these kof tournaments and tier brackets?

OK, you all have convinced me. I will play around with him in 98