Metal Jesus Rocks Neo Geo

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I must admit while some of the information is incorrect, I am happy that someone is posting about the Neo Geo. There is not a ton of information on You Tube and requires a lot of research to learn about the system.

But it seems like every big time youtube gaming personality is getting around to doing a neo video now a days, or will at some point, but without nearly the amount of knowledge you will find around these forums.

If only there were some sort of forum with a ton of info on the Neo. Sadly I don't think there is :(
:lolz:

Last edited:

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
But it seems like every big time youtube gaming personality is getting around to doing a neo video now a days, or will at some point, but without nearly the amount of knowledge you will find around these forums.

100% agreed!

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug

:lolz:

That may be for the best. If a video were made collectively by the members of this forum, I think it would look and sound like excerpts from Silence of the Lambs.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."

papierkorb

New Challenger
Metal Jesus + Game Sack = worst Neo Geo related Videos on Youtube...
and this guy got the worst CMVS EVER!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Game Sack = worst Neo Geo related Videos on Youtube...
care to back that up? IMHO compared to all the other stuff about the Neo (as a System) on YT, Game Sack's video is at least middle field, if not upper class.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
care to back that up? IMHO compared to all the other stuff about the Neo (as a System) on YT, Game Sack's video is at least middle field, if not upper class.

I haven't watched that particular Game Sack episode, but I'd like to hear what he thinks is wrong with it as well. Is there actually bad information, or is this just good old popular YouTuber hate?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The problem is they explain stuff in such a monotone style. They will say a game is good or bad, but not what makes it good or bad in great depth as should a review do. Thats what ive noticed when they did the neo geo reviews (other than missing a lot of games).

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I haven't watched that particular Game Sack episode, but I'd like to hear what he thinks is wrong with it as well. Is there actually bad information, or is this just good old popular YouTuber hate?

Most definitely the latter. There's no bad information, and it plays like a regular Game Sack episode.

For the hardcore among us, it can be a little frustrating as they don't go full nerd for the Neo-Geo, which is probably what papierkorb is wanting.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
The problem is they explain stuff in such a monotone style. They will say a game is good or bad, but not what makes it good or bad in great depth as should a review do. Thats what ive noticed when they did the neo geo reviews (other than missing a lot of games).

Explain stuff monotonously and people will complain. Explain stuff in an over-the-top style and other people will complain. The thing about making YT content is that someone will ALWAYS complain.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Explain stuff monotonously and people will complain. Explain stuff in an over-the-top style and other people will complain. The thing about making YT content is that someone will ALWAYS complain.

Even outside of YT, someone is always going to gripe about something, no matter how stupid. It's gotta suck to be on the receiving end of some of the awful complaints people post.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
It's gotta suck to be on the receiving end of some of the awful complaints people post.

It only bothers you if you let it. Can't speak for anyone else, but I make videos because it's fun, and therefore don't give a shit about someone else's opinion.

AcidRedux

n00b
Metal Jesus + Game Sack = worst Neo Geo related Videos on Youtube...
and this guy got the worst CMVS EVER!

I think Game Sack's video on the Neo Geo is way better. There's not much info on the system but they do provide quick rundowns of a bunch of games that could be useful to someone getting into the Neo Geo. I read that they used the 161-1 cart for most of their gameplay footage though...:keke:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That Game Sack episode was a quick rundown of the system and the games they had on hand, not an in depth review of the individual games. It was fine.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Thousands of dollars worth of video games + thousands of dollars of editing equipment ≠ a likeable, watchable personality, necessarily.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'd say thats because they're doing tons of games in 1 episode plus a hardware break down and review. I mean for what it is its easily the best youtube content on a factual basis.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
Glad to see I'm in good company in terms of opinions about "The Metal Jesus".

This thread was a 10/10 read.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
At first I was like cool some Neo content but yeah MJR is crap, for some reason I've been on a huge YouTube kick. I subscribe and watch Game Sack, MLIG, Gaming Historian, CU Podcast, Todds Nerd Cave, K2, Assemblergames, GadgetUK164, Classic gaming quarterly, LemoneyVengence, Project COE and AGVN and a few others something is obviously wrong with me.

But I think we can all agree that Alpha Omega Sin is by far the worst thing in YouTube gaming.

Last edited:

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper

That's pretty much how they've done all their videos. It's their style much the same way it's the Nerd's style to be angry about shit

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
That's pretty much how they've done all their videos. It's their style much the same way it's the Nerd's style to be angry about shit

That may be how they've done it, but I totally understand his point. Listening to someone read off facts in a monotone voice is completely disengaging. I think a lot of guys go way too far the other direction and sound way too happy and enthusiastic. There is a balance you can strike between getting the cold hard facts out there, and sounding like you at least are a tiny bit interested in the video's content.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
yeah, when your videos became about how to store games on the shelf the proper way or a collection of dust covers for your console, it's a sign that you should quit.
Agreed,seems like mjr is now going through the motions at this point.No proper reviews any more and mostly pickup video's or what collections his friends have.I got to the point where i lost interest and unsubscribe shortly there after.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
At first I was like cool some Neo content but yeah MJR is crap, for some reason I've been on a huge YouTube kick. I subscribe and watch Game Sack, MLIG, Gaming Historian, CU Podcast, Todds Nerd Cave, K2, Assemblergames, GadgetUK164, Classic gaming quarterly, LemoneyVengence, Project COE and AGVN and a few others something is obviously wrong with me.

But I think we can all agree that Alpha Omega Sin is by far the worst thing in YouTube gaming.

I watch CU Podcast, AVGN, Generation 16 Sega videos and John Arcade well I skipp alot because 2hours of painting arcade cabinet starts to be little bit boring :eek: