Metal Jesus Rocks Neo Geo

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'm going to make a wall of games. They will all be Atari 2600 copies of Combat.

I can understand how some of these videos hold appeal to the younger crowd, who weren't really there to experience the stuff when it was relevant. Now the newer stuff, I'll watch some videos on, mostly to see what a game is and if it would be worth playing, and in that sense some of the videos being put out are pretty useful. Sure there is a lot of crap out there, but that kind of mimics the gaming industry, so in that sense it works I guess.

When I was in college, if this kind of stuff had been around I would imagine that I would have eaten it up. I was big into collecting Atari back then, still have boxes and boxes of the shit in storage, but honestly I understand that I'm not the target audience for the majority of the media coming out of the gaming community. I think that as far as videos of vintage games go, it is more interesting to see people just having a good time and enjoying a game than it is to get a video just talking about why a game is good.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

He has that typical creep/lonely/stalker/date rapist/it's-women's-fault-I-don't-have-a-girlfriend look to him - the long, awful hair, the dirt that he thinks passes for ""facial hair", the bad teeth, poor hygeine, gangly frame... all surrounded by useless plastic shit that he tries to use to fill the gaping void(s) in his life that were made by his own failings and inadequicies.

He makes videos incessantly over-explaining said plastic shit because he finds the sound of his voice comforting enough to stave off the crushing desperation he feels in the back of his mind every waking moment.

"One day" he repeatedly thinks to himself "One day everyone is gonna know who I am!"

That day will come when his mother finds him hanging from the shower curtain rod, hanging from a belt.

TL;DR: He looks like bloodycuck, and thats what bloodycuck should do.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ARDsTdTOo

So Pat has now a Neo geo. Avarage ebay price for loose US aes console is over 300$, yeah right

pat the nes faggot always annoyed the fuck out of me. he's just a nintendo fan boy that doesn't really care or know anything about any other console outside the nes. in his early videos he used to claim that how the nes was better than the sega genesis/megadrive. what a faggot.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ARDsTdTOo

So Pat has now a Neo geo. Avarage ebay price for loose US aes console is over 300$, yeah right

Pat is a hypocrite, complains about resellers yet has shit like this. If you want further proof he is a hypocrite, he always bitches about yahoo articles or news articles in general hyping up game prices, yet does the same shit here. Best of all, he appeared on Pawn stars and tried to sell his Nintendo World Gold Championship, which did way more than any shitty yahoo article could ever dream to do.

You wanna know the funny thing is? He says he hates speculators and investors. Well if that is the case, why is his NWC Gold in a safety deposit box away from his home (from what I hear).

Lol $300 for that, doesn't he realize that is with power supply, stick, and av out and potentially a game? Not for one that is loose and has a pretty nasty scratch.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Unlike you whiners I have met Pat before.

Super nice and completely down to earth dude.

While I agree that his assessment of the value of a Neo home console is a bit whack, it's not that far out there.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

While I agree that his assessment of the value of a Neo home console is a bit whack, it's not that far out there.

While I am all about making fun of these guys I still like some of them, Pat, AVGN, and occasionally MJ. I think we all would love it if we could work and make money talking about video games and our collections.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I enjoy the CUPodcast, so unless Pat and Ian are being completely fake on the show, they're both cool with me. I also like Pat's Flea Market Madness series.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
While I am all about making fun of these guys I still like some of them, Pat, AVGN, and occasionally MJ. I think we all would love it if we could work and make money talking about video games and our collections.

I wouldn't, that would get boring fast.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy

I have no doubt that guys like Pat and Metal Jesus are normal, decent people, but that's not the point. Their niceness says nothing about how they're directly contributing to the speculation and price increases in retro gaming. I don't dislike Pat at all but there's no denying that a number of his videos are too focused on NintendoAge drama over $X00 and $X000 games. He positions himself as against collectors who try to corner the market while simultaneously giving that segment of shitty collectors an incredible amount of focus and attention... and while he himself salivates over games worth $$$.

Recently he was going nuts over the guy with six sealed Stadium Events and his collection of sealed rare games. Pat was ranting on about how this guy is supposedly sticking it to the "bad collectors" and scaring them by holding copies of Stadium Events over their heads and his potential to tank the "market" if he chose to sell them off. First of all... no, he could put a dozen out there and they would quickly get snatched up by the horde of eager speculative buyers and prices will not budge any lower. It's nice that this fellow is apparently vetting the people who he sells stuff to so it doesn't end up in the hands of assholes but that's the extent of his effect on the scene. Two, why is any of this so important that so much time is devoted to it on their channels? He and a dozen other channels are so focused on the COLLECTOR aspect of the hobby. The gameplaying, reviewing, etc... it's a total afterthought to them next to showing piles of acquired stuff, rattling off lists and yammering about the prices of XYZ.

If that's what he wants to do with his channel, he could at least not act like he's above it all. None of these Youtubers ever says yup, I admit it, I'm definitely part of the problem. It's all deflecting and curious pondering about why shit has gotten so out of control. There are literally videos now of guys asking why everything is so out of whack... while standing in front of entire walls made up of thousands of games, while their channels have video after video about their braggy hoarding.

Metal Jesus' last video is "Do I ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES or just COLLECT them?" Funny timing, I think he must have caught on to the criticisms here and maybe elsewhere about his completely lackluster coverage of game PLAYING over game COLLECTING. Not surprisingly, the video is lacking in any substance over the games he's playing, comes across a little defensive while giving a list dump of titles.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Metal Jesus' last video is "Do I ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES or just COLLECT them?" Funny timing, I think he must have caught on to the criticisms here and maybe elsewhere about his completely lackluster coverage of game PLAYING over game COLLECTING. Not surprisingly, the video is lacking in any substance over the games he's playing, comes across a little defensive while giving a list dump of titles.

I saw that pop up in my list of "recommended" videos, but didn't watch it. I know he's a regular on the AA forums, so maybe he lurks here, too. If his latest video really is in response to the opinion that he talks too much about collecting, then it seems like the better thing to do would be to try to balance out his content a little more so that he talks about gameplay as much as collecting. But I think at the end of the day he isn't going to do that because unfortunately videos that cater to collectors get more clicks, and YouTube is his full-time job.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
He also needs to crank out a ton of videos to earn and keep up with the competition... I don't think that leaves enough time to play the games he's about to present.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I saw that pop up in my list of "recommended" videos, but didn't watch it. I know he's a regular on the AA forums, so maybe he lurks here, too. If his latest video really is in response to the opinion that he talks too much about collecting, then it seems like the better thing to do would be to try to balance out his content a little more so that he talks about gameplay as much as collecting. But I think at the end of the day he isn't going to do that because unfortunately videos that cater to collectors get more clicks, and YouTube is his full-time job.

Can you explain that fat girl he has in his videos, then?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Can you explain that fat girl he has in his videos, then?

I don't understand the question. I haven't been a regular viewer of his show since the early days before he was an e-celeb. I know he has guests on, but outside of John Hancock I have no idea who any of them are.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I don't understand the question. I haven't been a regular viewer of his show since the early days before he was an e-celeb. I know he has guests on, but outside of John Hancock I have no idea who any of them are.

I don't know why I keep thinking that because you make videos (which are entertaining) that you know all these "people". My bad.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I don't know why I keep thinking that because you make videos (which are entertaining) that you know all these "people". My bad.

I am honestly not part of the YT gamer "scene". There are a couple of other YT content creators with channels roughly the same size as mine (along with some smaller channels) that I have become friends with, and that's about it. I have never met or talked to any of the mainstream YT gamers. From my vantage point, it all seems very clique-y and I'm just not interested in getting involved with any of that.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I am honestly not part of the YT gamer "scene". There are a couple of other YT content creators with channels roughly the same size as mine (along with some smaller channels) that I have become friends with, and that's about it. I have never met or talked to any of the mainstream YT gamers. From my vantage point, it all seems very clique-y and I'm just not interested in getting involved with any of that.

It was kind of surprising to see you in that Cassette Drive episode of the 8-Bit Guy. I knew he had done another video before with other people, including Clint from LGR, not that he afterwards asked you to star in his video, too.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
It was kind of surprising to see you in that Cassette Drive episode of the 8-Bit Guy. I knew he had done another video before with other people, including Clint from LGR, not that he afterwards asked you to star in his video, too.

Yeah that was pretty random. I chat online sometimes with Rob of "The Obsolete Geek". He lives near Dave from "The 8-Bit Guy" and they collaborate on stuff. Dave mentioned to Rob that he wanted to have guests on his next couple of videos, and Rob suggested me. I was supposed to be in his next video as well, but didn't submit a clip because I just have other, non-YT stuff going on right now, and by now it's probably too late. Too bad for me, because I think this next video will probably get a lot more views than the last one, based on the subject matter.