Just scooped a 3DS XL, what should I pick up?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No RPGs? In no order:
Shinobi
Star Fox 64 3D
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
A Link Between Worlds
Sonic Generations
Super Smash Bros
Pilotwings Resort
Ridge Racer 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Tekken 3D Prime
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pac Man and Galaga Dimensions

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
No RPGs? In no order:
Shinobi
Star Fox 64 3D
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
A Link Between Worlds
Sonic Generations
Super Smash Bros
Pilotwings Resort
Ridge Racer 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Tekken 3D Prime
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pac Man and Galaga Dimensions

Ill be getting all of those and putting them in one of these...

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Ill be getting all of those and putting them in one of these...

Scrolling through the games using those buttons looks awful...

I already own most of the games worth owning so I can wait for a better option to come out...

firenze

n00b
Shinobi is a very good call, game kind of flew under the radar but it's really excellent if you're into side scrolling action-platformers.

Pocket Card Jockey (3DS shop) is phenomenal. It's a horse racing solitaire hybrid, by Game Freak (the Pokemon people) and has an addictive quality unlike anything I've encountered in years.

Like basically everyone said, the Sega 3D classics line are indeed all phenomenal on a technical level. Ports by M2 (you may be familiar with their PS3/PSP Neo Geo Station work). The new SNES virtual console games are well done too, if you haven't played the games to death already. I dig having stuff like Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out! on my portable though.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Staying off the obvious Nintendo made stuff I found these were good enough (not listing RPGs since you dislike that stuff and I can only think of one which is a PS2 port anyway.)
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate
- Ace Combat
- Code of Princess
- Cave Story 3D
- Pinball Hall of Fame
- Adventure Time (1st one, Ice King, Garbage title)

Castlevania is a melding of CV3(NES), SOTN(PS1) and a few God of War mechanics that works well. Ace Combat is just what you'd expect from the franchise and it works well. Code of Princess is an amusing brawler with lots of ARPG mechanics to level up and get more characters to use. Cave Story is just the old game but in a 3D depth on a 2D plane and its good. Pinball now that one (and I own a PinBot machine) feels more real with the 3D flipped on all the way having the depth there and the few tables it has are solid gems of the 80s. Adventure Time the whole line up isn't good really at all after that 1st one, but the 1st is like a badass homage to Zelda 2 on NES and is just amusing all around.