Why people don't like David G's AES multicart?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Price is quite high but if he can fix all the issues, will people still buy it?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Mate... I think it's more that people don't like David G...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I just don't get this one at all... forgetting who made it for a minute, its just a converted 161-1 MVS Multicart... surely it would be alot cheaper to just buy one of them and an MVS --> AES Converter.

The mind boggles...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Mate... I think it's more that people don't like David G...

Yep. I am hot for the sule sisters though. That pic of them in swimsuits, davy G you go boy!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He didn't do any programming on the cart as is, he just cloned the chinese MVS carts and made them work on a home system. The likelihood of them being fixed is zero.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Here's a vid with a backstage look on one of those banana-to-AES conversions...

...now DGE is using "custom made" PCBs, which this guy obviously isn't but it all comes down to the same, I guess: tons of soldering. Other than that, this garage punk take on the issue isn't even half as expensive as teh "original".

Also why would "David G" fix any issues the current cart has?

Not only that he didn't, he also "fixed" what was working, as in the soft reset of the banana, i.e. it's not working anymore. I sold mine due to this reason... it didn't exactly put my slacker ego under the plough.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The price tag is insane when you compare it to just buying a multicart and even his converter. The first wave sold in literally seconds though at like $800 a pop.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
because it bears repeating.

32472078~86f3352bd507bef89b478e0514d8520bd5cef214-original

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yeah I can't imagine anyone will pay those prices.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The way you meant your question: no, only fully playable software. If you want to form an opinion about something, you have to try it yourself, everything else is just pretending. Sure, I like to pretend now and then, just like everyone else does, software's just not one of those things.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
At that price, these should really, really include the fixes.
It's kind of a shame that a better, cleaner multicart hasn't been born out of these iterations, too.
I suspect that aside from all that's been brought up here so far, some of the dislike also springs from not living up to potential. It feels like we have better ingredients than the meal we're ultimately getting.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At that price, these should really, really include the fixes.
It's kind of a shame that a better, cleaner multicart hasn't been born out of these iterations, too.
I suspect that aside from all that's been brought up here so far, some of the dislike also springs from not living up to potential. It feels like we have better ingredients than the meal we're ultimately getting.

The multi carts from China aren't going to be better at all. They're playing a game with the Neo crowd. This is why they always have hacks on each one and there's never a full library on one because that would prevent further sales once everyone has one. Pretty smart actually but a dick move non the less.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Once you're at the point where you're using shitty China multicarts, you might as well just give up and do a GroovyMAME setup. It isn't original or authentic at that point anyway. It's better than a real setup regardless with arbitrary input mapping, the ability to fix the slowdown in any game you want to, the ability to run any games with Neo CD audio with no load times or missing animation, and a complete collection. People are weirdos.