NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Hi Mike,

My two Neovga cards have been received yesterday.
Thanks a lot !

Now is time for consolizing projects

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi Mike, I sent you a PM 2 days ago. Not sure if you are selling neo VGA at the moment.
Thanks

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi Mike, been trying to contact you for two boards, not sure if you are reading PMs...

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Sorry, I've been checking them periodically, but I'm pretty swamped with other things. I need to figure out what happened to 420p's board, as it looks like the postal service may have lost it - I might need to replace it for him. After that I can see about spare boards (I still owe undamned one CPS2VGA).

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
I finally finished it! I believe it took me almost a year, but I finally hooked the thing up. I really did not enjoy soldering to all those tiny points, my skillz aren't that great.:P
I think the csync line is currently held together by a prayer.

So here it is:
IMG_1960r.jpg

And here's the lil board I whipped up with an upside down socket to make it easier to solder the clk/gnd lines. It doesn't seem to be the most snug fit a times though.
IMG_1950r.jpg

It looks sooo much better than composite video.

One question I have is....what do the different LED's on the board mean?

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Sorry, I've been checking them periodically, but I'm pretty swamped with other things. I need to figure out what happened to 420p's board, as it looks like the postal service may have lost it - I might need to replace it for him. After that I can see about spare boards (I still owe undamned one CPS2VGA).
That's a total bummer :( Any news from USPS on that?

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
OH YES! Today it arrived. Seems to have taken a nice detour via a spanish speaking country ... So no need for a replacement.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
What a relief! So glad it got there safely.

Buaku: That's a nice mounting setup, that's how I used to tap the clock when I had an MV1C and the NeoBiosMasta.

One LED near the power regulators just shows that it's powered on, while the other one will show a 60Hz pulse (vsync), as that's a good indicator that it's alive and working properly.

For the more fragile points, like MV1C C-sync, I'd tack the wire down with some glue or kapton tape ~10mm from the solder point itself, so if it gets tugged on the tape will bear the load and not the tiny PCB trace.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks! I really wanted a good way to secure the board.
Thanks for the tip, I was wondering the best way to keep the wire down. It's pretty close to the cart slot. I can totally see a cart knocking into it.
I had a green light on and the red light...just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong :)

Thanks again!

kruuth

n00b
Does someone have the link to the instructions? I'm fiddling with the jumper settings to get the best scanlines.

Chaotic Mind

New Challenger
Hey Mike. I sent an email about getting one of these. Whenever you have a chance let me know if you have any boards for sale.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I might have a couple more left from the last order. I'll take count of what I've got to see about maybe getting a few more out.

nam9

Zero's Secretary
FINALLY got round to installing the NeoVGA on my MV-1FZ board:

IMG_3849.JPG

Managed to slide the CLK and Gnd wires through the gap between PCB and CPU socket on the VMC.
Please note, the /CSYNC line should be connected to U1, (not U2 as per the wiring diagram).

Thanks to Mike for the troubleshooting assistance!

Last edited:

cyd

New Challenger
Nicely done, I like the ribbon cable. I think I will steel that idea when I get around to installing mine.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That looks very clean nam9. I still haven't gotten around to doing mines but this will help out a lot when i get to it.