NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Had to sit this round out - but still a question...
Anyone tried for a PGM install?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
The PGM won't work until support is added for it. At best, with a happy coincidence, you'd get a strange skewed image out of it. When some free time dances by, I have plans to work on CPS3 and PGM support.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Hi Mike,

As shipping is sooner than later, I would like to make sure of one thing.

At least, for non US buyer, and specially for European ones, please don't add any invoice document in the package.

Even if a declared value is registered, the customs are obliged to revert back to the buyer resident in the country concerned and ask him an invoice proof to apply custom fees.
That way, we have a chance to decrease purchase value otherwise... It will be expensive.

This won't contradict any legal obligation from your side.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

nam9

Zero's Secretary
The PGM won't work until support is added for it. At best, with a happy coincidence, you'd get a strange skewed image out of it. When some free time dances by, I have plans to work on CPS3 and PGM support.

Just happy bump the issue. :mr_t:

On a Neo related note - anyone installed this on a one slot (MV-1FZ, MV-1A etc)? Pics?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
All NeoVGA boards are shipped out, except two international ones which need phone numbers. CPS2VGA boards go out next.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I believe yours are the ones I did send, and the remaining two I'm holding off on until I get the phone number. For that one I provided mine, but the postal worker explained that I probably shouldn't do that if I don't want international phone calls at ungodly hours of the night.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
I believe yours are the ones I did send, and the remaining two I'm holding off on until I get the phone number. For that one I provided mine, but the postal worker explained that I probably shouldn't do that if I don't want international phone calls at ungodly hours of the night.

Thanks Mike for your quick reply :)

Let's cross our fingers for no late international phone calls.
Based on my international orders experience, it has never been the case.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi Mike, my pCB has arrived today! Dumb question as I thought it used a CPU socket, where I can find instructions to install it? Thanks!

Edit:

never mind, I realized the first post has everything, thanks!

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Anyone else in the US not receive your NeoVGA yet? Being 2 weeks since shipment has me worried mine was lost in the mail.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I am not from the USA, but mine also didn't arrive yet.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Me too... Not a big deal... Just relax and take a deep breath it will arrive sooner or later :)

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Sure but you guys aren't in the US. There's really not much reason a package should take 3 weeks within the US.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Sorry for the bad communication once more. City41, I should have mentioned it to you earlier when you asked, but - The CPS2 firmware had a problem I introduced when I fixed something else. I've been hunting it on and off during some free time, and figured it out tonight.

In particular, the blanking signal was not being activated at the right time in 480p component, so the green level was off on various monitors, but not on others. I hadn't seen it before because I had adjusted Y CLP on the 14L5 to make VGA work earlier, which allowed me to miss this. The timings have been fixed and the 4 CPS2 boards have been flashed.

You had two boards, one Neo and one CPS2 - so I had planned on sending them out together, but did not plan on the CPS2 fix taking longer. The remaining ones will go out tomorrow, finally.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Sorry for the bad communication once more. City41, I should have mentioned it to you earlier when you asked, but - The CPS2 firmware had a problem I introduced when I fixed something else. I've been hunting it on and off during some free time, and figured it out tonight.

In particular, the blanking signal was not being activated at the right time in 480p component, so the green level was off on various monitors, but not on others. I hadn't seen it before because I had adjusted Y CLP on the 14L5 to make VGA work earlier, which allowed me to miss this. The timings have been fixed and the 4 CPS2 boards have been flashed.

You had two boards, one Neo and one CPS2 - so I had planned on sending them out together, but did not plan on the CPS2 fix taking longer. The remaining ones will go out tomorrow, finally.

Hey Mike, thanks for the update. Good to hear! Only 4 people got CPS2 boards? Wow, I thought it'd be just as popular.

I'm not in a hurry. Just when you said the neo boards were shipped, I figured mine might have gotten lost in the mail.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Just dropped the remaining packages off today. Upon closer inspection, most people who wanted CPS2 stuff haven't paid yet, hmm...

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Just dropped the remaining packages off today. Upon closer inspection, most people who wanted CPS2 stuff haven't paid yet, hmm...

Haha. just noticed you're in San Jose as well. I got a notice I received a package at work, turns out it's the NeoVGA. So from "lost in the mail" to "arriving in 24 hours" :)

Thanks Mike!