NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Mike tends to be a busy dude, so just be a little patient. I'm sure he'll contact everyone when he gets all of his ducks in a row.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Mike tends to be a busy dude, so just be a little patient. I'm sure he'll contact everyone when he gets all of his ducks in a row.

You are right... better wait then never.
I suppose most of us want to finish ongoing consolization project with the best image output quality that delivers NeoVGA

Keep cool Mike, no pressure at all :)

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
We're just waiting on a few people now. I'm bumping this thread so it doesn't disappear.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
The batch has been ordered! This one's almost three times the previous at 29 boards. Hopefully I'll get these before the end of December.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
This is great news and I'm looking forwards to starting my consolisation MVS project :)

By the way, is there a forum thread where I could share my thoughts and ask advice on the project?

Last edited:

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Well, their website still says "We Have Received Parts for Your Order, Multiple of These Events May Occur", from 12/19/16, so hopefully things pick up. I think they've been a bit busy, as my N64 VGA board took over a month (and it was just one!) I'll post more once I have more info.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Thanks Mike, that's great to keep us updated!

Lots of holidays during end of year, thus delay shall be expected.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Hi guys, sorry for the relatively long radio silence. From tracking, it looks like the boards have safely arrived on Jan. 11th, at my old house (where my family lives). I didn't know my new address in time to get it shipped to me proper, so I'll have to have that forwarded to me. I move in to my new apartment tomorrow, and should be ready to move quick on programming the boards and getting them out.

I've been out of touch because I've been out of the US, thanks to a graduation trip courtesy of the family (and wonderful frequent flier miles). It's been fun, but I'm antsy to move in to my new (permanent!) apartment and close this chapter of NeoVGA orders.

Thank you all for your patience.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Boards are on the last leg of their shipping trip and will be here Tuesday. I've wired up my last remaining proto board to try to work on one more feature over the weekend.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Great Mike good to know.

What would be that new feature?
A new firmware will be flashed to the units before shipping?

Cheers

Jontox

Boards are on the last leg of their shipping trip and will be here Tuesday. I've wired up my last remaining proto board to try to work on one more feature over the weekend.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
FINALLY

hmhctTM.jpg

The new feature is a simple adjustment of the sync timings for 480p Component, which differ more from VGA than I thought. I'm doing a tiny tweak to make it play nicer with some HDTVs and the PVM L5 series without adjustments.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
FINALLY

hmhctTM.jpg

The new feature is a simple adjustment of the sync timings for 480p Component, which differ more from VGA than I thought. I'm doing a tiny tweak to make it play nicer with some HDTVs and the PVM L5 series without adjustments.

Hey Mike, please com back to me, check your PMs. Thanks!