NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
A few people haven't got PMs yet - I'm doing them in medium-sized batches, because I don't want to drown myself in clerical stuff. Mistakes are expensive! I've prioritized stateside users first, only because earlier orders are easier that way. I didn't forget anyone in this thread (I'm pretty sure), I have a big neat spreadsheet laid out keeping track of who I've gotten in touch with, what quantity of interest, if they've paid, if I've ordered the boards, if it's shipped, etc.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Planning on placing my next batch order next Friday. I've been stepping up the size of each order so I can deal with potential minor manufacture quirks or mistakes on my part. I'll be sending some more PMs today.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
My most recent order has moved into being Processed - that's great, a little faster than last time.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm not going to be able to afford this until November or December, so I hope you are still making them at that time, but I just wanted to congratulate you again on finishing this awesome project.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
"The Big Order" is going out on Friday. After that there may not be any more this summer. PM me if you'd like to ask about it.

I'm sending out more PMs to the few people I didn't talk to before - mostly people from overseas since it's a little harder. After the big Friday order, it's a few weeks until it's manufactured and sent to me, where I will program the boards then send them out. It'll get pretty busy around then.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Hope I will be included in the next batch. Must I beg?

I looked over my doc and tried to figure out how I missed messaging you, but I think I figured it out - I can't send you PMs for whatever reason. If you can shoot me an email I think we can figure something out. I overprovisioned my order a tiny bit with the intent of having an extra board or two, so I think you can be included in this one.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I've just received the tiny first order I put in, and the boards look great. I'll be shipping those (and one older prototype to one member) this week. Those boards took exactly three weeks from being ordered to being shipped out, so I can expect "the big order" to ship to me in about two weeks.

I've got the programming and prep steps down pat, so it's almost no effort to get the boards flashed and ready to go. Once the boards get in I'll be ready to make a wiring diagram for at least one variant of the AES.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
Exciting news. Can't want to consolize my cps2

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I've got my programming rig much better than I had it before. Once the boards come in, getting them programmed and ready go to should be a cinch.

quru

n00b
I looked over my doc and tried to figure out how I missed messaging you, but I think I figured it out - I can't send you PMs for whatever reason. If you can shoot me an email I think we can figure something out. I overprovisioned my order a tiny bit with the intent of having an extra board or two, so I think you can be included in this one.

I have e-mailed you also. Maybe I am in your spam folder? :)

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just want to confirm the obvious.
The NEO VGA upscales original signal 240P to 480P via VGA or YUV?
Asking because my TV doesn't acknowledge 240P (tested with JROK4.1)

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I also can't wait, I dropped you one pm some time back and two emails :D great stuff!

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Sent a PM. You should have that MV1B board I sent so you can do a diagram for that too.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I just shipped out 9 boards today, across 7 packages. They should arrive for many people in under a week. There are a few addresses I still need, which I'll send PMs for soon.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Looks like these shipped way faster than I expected. I threw together a CPS2 diagram, along with the MV1B diagram.

CPS2:
CPS2.png

MV1B:
MV1B.png

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
got mine today! it's a bit smaller than I expected, but hey, that's hardly a problem!

now just an MV2F guide....