Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Special or Real Bout 2????

Which Fatal Fury Game is best head to head???

• Total voters

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
What about that stabbing in China over a kof match. Can't remember which kof though but the pics I saw there was alot of blood everywhere

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
that's insane, man. i hear story's of arcades in the states and canada being a place for drug dealers and people who are up to no good. luckily in the uk, the arcades were quite safe.
In those days, most arcades were fine. It was the small arcades in pool halls and liquor stores that got crazy. Even then, it was really only gangsters and drunks starting shit. I spent a lot of time in there, and never got into any scrapes.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The KOF Chinese stabbing was '97 I believe.

Most of the brutal shit I've seen or heard of is from taunting IRL after the match. Now that everybody's online you can act like an ass all you want, but back in the day only the craziest of the crazy MF's would start shit after. Most grumble while leaving or get a safe distance before popping off.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Haha, yeah, i played black ops for abit just for the zombies, but every now and then id get on the regular matches and man all these kids taliking mad shit, and they are in groups to so everyone is just backing it up lol. God i hate online shooters only cause of the kind of ppl you get on there. Not that there arent any on fighters but you get them by the dozen on shooters.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Got a chance to play some Real Bout Special on fightcade last night. Im really liking this game from what i saw. I like using Mai and Billy and they seem to be pretty good in this game, especially Mai. Best movelist ive seen for her. Man All 3 of these games are fkn gems. Ill def be getting some more time on them.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I finally voted, and it went to FFS but RBS is super close followed by RB2. Been having alot of fun on both FFS and RBS on fightcade with acouple of ppl.
Hopefully we can get more ppl to use fightcade. Maybe hold a small online tourney for one of these FF titles.

Yun

New Challenger
Fatal Fury Special impresses me the most out of the three, maybe because I only got to play it way after having already played RBS and RB2...

I only imagine how it must have been amazing playing this back in 1993, what a gorgeous game both in looks and sound. Back then I was a Capcom kid and only got to know Street Fighter 2 CE.

On topic, the only one I got serious for playing versus was RBS. Nightmare Geese is so fun to play

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Man FFS is tons of fun, I'm enjoying alot. Even when getting my ass handed to me

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm a huge advocate for the original FF Special. But if you're talking about a friendly game between a group of people, RBS is easier to get into.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
RBS is the second Real Bout game. It's not FFS part 2 just because it has the word special at the end.

Right, but it still has "Fatal Fury Special" in the title of the game. I'm not trying to imply that it's a sequel. Just made a clarifying statement.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Real Bout 2. Aside from FFS it's easily the most balanced despite the odd infinite existing.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'm a huge advocate for the original FF Special. But if you're talking about a friendly game between a group of people, RBS is easier to get into.

I get it, your saying like the OG FF game. The RB series def spices things up abit. I agree that RBS would be more new comer friendly, but FFS got that old school cheapness/skill to it.

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
Real Bout Special, is very replayable, is easy, excelent graphics, animations and music... is one of the bests fighting games of all time.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
if I didnt know about the FF's which can get confusing to some ppl that dont play snk games. It could mean there was a FFS and a FFS2 or a FFS remake lol.
Man since my cab has been broken for the last month, just got it up and running tonight. I was on a Fatal Fury binge and bought FFS, RBS and FF3. Thanks to Neodogg, Supergun and Bigbear for everything. (games and getting my cab up and running) im in a very good mood tonight and its not just cause im 3 crown royal black deep. lol