Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Special or Real Bout 2????

Which Fatal Fury Game is best head to head???

• Total voters

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Out of these fighters which is your favorite to play against an opponent???
Getting into these and just wanted to see what ppl have to say about them.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Awful thread.

Lock and ban this miserable pile of human garbage.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This is a tough call. I think I like ffs and rbs equally. They are just such different flavors. I prefer both over rb2 though.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
forgot about that thread, i wanted these three games specifically but that thread is talking mainly about these 3 any.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i personally think that not only is real bout 2 the best fatal fury in terms of gameplay, but one of the best fighters on the system, making it one of the best fighters of all time.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I played FFS a handful times growing up but never played it on a regular basis and way back in the day. Ive played RB2 a handful of time too. But ive enjoyed watching match vids on both games for sometime now. Never really played RBS, but I hear good things about it.
I plan to play all 3 on fightcade as much as possible. Right now electric is my sparring partner to get me adjusted to the games. But ill be down for matches against ppl.

FFS- I had ALOT of fun playing this. The commands are kinda difficult and strict coming from other games to this. But not a big deal once i get used to it. I like this game cause its got that old school cheese to it.

RBS- From what ppl are telling me its more FFS action just abit more updated and combos are alot easier. So i will be playing this within the week hopefully.
Oh, and correct me if im wrong, RBS is the most balanced out of these three games from what i hear. Everyone is good and there isnt too much of a gap between characters.

RB2- I own this cart and have played it with friends that come over. Its a nice looking game and really fun. But lets face it, my friends arent that great at fighting games especially old school neo games.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
FFS is just classic, plays really well. One of the best solid fighters on neo-geo, and its cheap as well. Something you don't often see on the neo geo.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
FFS is just classic, plays really well. One of the best solid fighters on neo-geo, and its cheap as well. Something you don't often see on the neo geo.
Yeah, it def feels like a solid game. I wanted to play it for hours the other day but had to go to bed for work lol. Unfortunatly its not as cheap nowadays as it was maybe acouple years ago. If i had started my collection earlier, even before i bought the cab probably couldve gotten it for half what i payed. I just hope im able to turn my friends on to it for casuals. Its hard to convince ppl that play mainly street fighter to play snk fighters. But i will never give up on my ignorant friends. lol

Its probably a good game, but i have no interest in playing it, just these three will get my time. Not bashing it or anything.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
RBS- From what ppl are telling me its more FFS action just abit more updated and combos are alot easier.

Who's telling you it's more "FFS action"?

If you own RB2, you'll feel at home with RBS. I'm not sure if it's the most balanced of the Real Bouts.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Personally I would have thrown Garou in the mix cause to me FFS, RBS/RB2, Garou kinda mirrors ST, Marvel, 3rd Strike. Fatal Fury Special is the pure "old school" feel. Both Real Bouts have over exaggerated specials (though Real Bout Special has it more), and Garou was made to compete with Street Fighter III. It really comes down to what you like just like it does for the Capcom games.

Marvel players tend to bash on 3rd Strike and vice versa and ST players still think their game is the best of all time. You really don't hear SNK fans do that, but I always imagined it should be the same feeling when it comes down to it. (P.S. I picked FFS just because I like the old school feeling when it comes down to it.)

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Personally I would have thrown Garou in the mix cause to me FFS, RBS/RB2, Garou kinda mirrors ST, Marvel, 3rd Strike. Fatal Fury Special is the pure "old school" feel. Both Real Bouts have over exaggerated specials (though Real Bout Special has it more), and Garou was made to compete with Street Fighter III. It really comes down to what you like just like it does for the Capcom games.

Marvel players tend to bash on 3rd Strike and vice versa and ST players still think their game is the best of all time. You really don't hear SNK fans do that, but I always imagined it should be the same feeling when it comes down to it. (P.S. I picked FFS just because I like the old school feeling when it comes down to it.)

maybe not now because snk fans are all grown up and are at a minimal, and todays capom fans are more into the new ip's and don't know anything about the 90's capcom arcade scene. but in the 90's when in school or in the arcades, snk and capcom fans would go into full blown arguments on which franchise or company was better. i for one miss those clashes.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
DDP>SDOJ>DOJ>DFK>DP>>>>>>PeeStorm

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
maybe not now because snk fans are all grown up and are at a minimal, and todays capom fans are more into the new ip's and don't know anything about the 90's capcom arcade scene. but in the 90's when in school or in the arcades, snk and capcom fans would go into full blown arguments on which franchise or company was better. i for one miss those clashes.

I was in the arcade scene and the salt SNK fans threw around was it's better then Capcom and real gamers don't have to have those dumbed down Capcom super motions. I really never heard the salt for the different "main" properties. KOF fans usually like Fatal Fury and Fatal Fury fans liked at least the most popular versions of the series. Capcom fans were just salty in general. The hate was strong with that group.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
man, sometimes i wish i was 10 years older so i couldve been in my teens during the 90s arcade scene. The salt was real back then I imagine, not hyped up glorified salt like nowadays. lol

Ip Man

15 Year Member
man, sometimes i wish i was 10 years older so i couldve been in my teens during the 90s arcade scene. The salt was real back then I imagine, not hyped up glorified salt like nowadays. lol

it truly was a glorious time. i was more of a capcom fan back then, but did like snk a lot as well. i remember the arguments at school about which franchise was better, king of fighters or the street fighter alpha series. we use to argue on this topic on a daily basis.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The most memorable times were late at night when guys with opposing opinions played each other. Shit would get out of control real quick. Nothing like seeing grown ass men throwing punches over a game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
FFS is the best fighting game on the Neo, it just is.

RBS could easily be one of the best games on the Neo. Certainly the second best FF game.

RB2 is fun and it's great but it's no RBS.

MOTW is a friendly Capcom feel good game. A great game nonetheless but it just feels way different than regular Fatal Fury.

ST is the best SF game, period. I do love all the SF games though...except for the 1st one, lol.

During the fighting game wars era I was in the SNK camp, called Capcom Crapcom and hated crapcom fanboys, it was a short sweet time where I was a SNK nut but thankfully I grew out of it and just dedicated myself to just enjoy the games, be the best I can be at them without getting sucked in too hard and that's about it.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
The most memorable times were late at night when guys with opposing opinions played each other. Shit would get out of control real quick. Nothing like seeing grown ass men throwing punches over a game.

wow! lol, i've never seen full grown men fight over arcade games. we were teenagers and argued over which company was better than the other. but even we never physically hurt each other over it.

During the fighting game wars era I was in the SNK camp, called Capcom Crapcom and hated crapcom fanboys, it was a short sweet time where I was a SNK nut but thankfully I grew out of it and just dedicated myself to just enjoy the games, be the best I can be at them without getting sucked in too hard and that's about it.

i was actually introduced to snk through that same rivalry. i already knew fatal fury from the megadrive/genesis port of the game, but i didn't know snk as a whole until people at school started comparing my beloved street fighter alpha with this new game called king of fighters. i couldn't believe people were saying that there's a game better that sf alpha, so i had to see this game for my self. and when i finally saw king of fighters 95, i didn't think it was better than sf alpha, but ended up really liking it. loved the realistic, yet manga look to the characters, and all us street fighter fans was like " look! there's terry and andy from the fatal fury game" was also hyped about seeing chin for the first time because drunken master was one of my favourite movies at the time. so from then onwards i was more on the neutral side of that rivalry.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Around Y2K lol, I was deep into enjoying snk fighters especially the kof series. I was always trying to get my friends to play KOF, of course I would have to sit through another capcom graphics are so much than snk arguments. lol

I playe ALOT of tekken back in the days, and ive seen afew fights over that hahaha. Nothing like that arcade salt when the dude you just whooped is standing right next to you staring you down and you dont even look at him, just at the screen cause hes nothing but trash. Scrub Busting was the phrase I used lol. I worked at the mall and would punch out for lunch, work for the hour punch back in then go to lunch and take like a hour in a half to two hours sometimes scrub busting. man, the good old days.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
wow! lol, i've never seen full grown men fight over arcade games. we were teenagers and argued over which company was better than the other. but even we never physically hurt each other over .

I was a teenager then too. I'd go to some seedy spots with my uncle late night. Lots of drinking and shit talking in there. There was a spot that had the OG street fighter cab with the punch pads. Guy's would be sweating bullets playing that thing, and the aggression was nuts.

I recall hearing stories off a guy stabbing another dude over a KOF 96 match.

Oh, and to stay on topic RBS is awesome. Great sprites, good controls.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I was a teenager then too. I'd go to some seedy spots with my uncle late night. Lots of drinking and shit talking in there. There was a spot that had the OG street fighter cab with the punch pads. Guy's would be sweating bullets playing that thing, and the aggression was nuts.

I recall hearing stories off a guy stabbing another dude over a KOF 96 match.

Oh, and to stay on topic RBS is awesome. Great sprites, good controls.

that's insane, man. i hear story's of arcades in the states and canada being a place for drug dealers and people who are up to no good. luckily in the uk, the arcades were quite safe.