KOF 2000 on PS4

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
I just noticed The King of Fighters 2000 is available in the PlayStation Store. I think it's an emulation of the PS2 version, though, so no online play :/

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well KOF2000 could be the best KOF, saying could 'cause it isn't for me but it's definitely one of my favs. Robah Charging Tiger FTW!!!

Dope ass sig.

I posted that pic in the NTM thread but I think I dropped it in favor of more score pics, lol, I hate the 8 pic limit.

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I really wish SNK would just create some sort of disc based really elaborate and gaudy collectors edition that had all their official release titles that are still licensed rather than going for these stupid ass cash grabs... I'd definitely buy that.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Stupid SNK, I can't display digital downloads on my shelf.

Seriously though, non-tangible goods aren't worth my time.

(Somebody please take a pic of a 2000 cart sitting on top of a PS4)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
monkey.gif

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Damn, no online play, that sucks. Never played the ps2 version of 2k only dc and arcade. Im a Krizalid fan and i saw a clip of his striker, pretty frkn good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So it's just the PS2 KOF2000, lol, here I thought it was going to be a legit release...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
ppl say it's possible to play online via the Share Play feature (sharing player 2 controller online) but I don't know how convenient is that.

SNK are spreading their library all over the place in random order. Metal Slug 3 and LB2 on PS4 as emulated ports, and now KOF2000 as PS2 release. The slug series on Steam was released in a very random order with varying quality too (MS3 -> MSX -> MS1 -> MS2).

Just stick to one program like the NG Station and release quality ports in the right order based on release date, and release them simultaneously across platforms.

xsq

Just stick to one program like the NG Station and release quality ports in the right order based on release date, and release them simultaneously across platforms.
why?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ It seems better then what they are doing right now. 500 reports of the same fucking few games. Really how many times do they have to release an old Neo Geo title to realize Steam gamers aren't going to buy a game that they can play online for free on fightcade? None of the atomiswave titles are released since NGBC on 360. To which there hasn't really been good ports of any of those games. Definitely none outside of Asia with online. If they feel compelled to release a bunch of the Neo Geo collection that nobody is asking for why not just release it all? Why waste a little money when you can waste more?

xsq

might seem better.

My guess is that SNK has economic reasons. Like: Popular/Known title + how easy is it to port (further) + likeliness of purchase + cost of listing (= the same 5 games over and over on different platforms).

firenze

n00b
I did a little bit of a double take when I saw they were putting the PS2 KoF 2000 up, but thinking about it a little more... At least in Japan, they did release KoF '95 through '99 as PSOne Classics on PS3/PSP. They're basically just continuing chronologically with more emulated re-releases of the Playstation ports, with the first PS2 port of the series in KoF 2000. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they end up continuing with releases of 2001, vanilla 2002, and 2003. It's low effort since it's just emulation, and does keep some continuity.

Now, I'd rather they continued something like the Neo Geo Station releases with excellent ports by M2 AND not just drip feed releases, but the release strategy really isn't that crazy even if some people might rather see the games with arguably more appeal to current players ('98 UM, 2002 UM, even XI).

2000 is a personal favorite of mine though, so hey, cool. Love the backgrounds, music, and general feel of the game. Of course, for whatever reason I already own five legit copies of the damn game on AES (x2), DC JPN, PS2 US, and PS2 JP NESTS collection. So I'm not really in the market for buying it yet again... unless they make one for a portable system, then they've got my money ;)

Last edited: