Battlefield 1 Does Any One Care?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
The new Battlefield that's coming out is WW1 themed. I don't know why the hell the called it Battlefield 1 though. Its a rather idiotic title shoulda have just called Battlefield WW1.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Mustard gas could be cool

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
That would be nice. Maybe if the new COD does well enough.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm super looking forward to this but not day one, not if it's going to be $120 for some mega (complete) pack.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it's going to do well, COD fanboys are going to migrate to Battlefield. They've been slowly moving from COD ever since it went futuristic and now with Infinite Warfare, people will want that old "boots on the ground" style COD which Battlefield will bring.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't care. I'm assuming it's gonna have like $100 in DLC like the Battlefield's before it. No thanks.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Last time I've played a Battlefield game (Battlefield 4 on the PS4), the game was so broken it was literally unplayable.

Never again.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
There was a WW1 game I played a while back. I don't remember the name, but the trench warfare got old pretty fast.

I was really excited to see all the sci fi stuff in the latest cods. I hadn't cared about any cod games since the first one. The futuristic stuff is what got me interested again.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
No, BF4 ruined the franchise for me. I was a huge Battlefiled fan boy BF1942 DC Mod, BF2 with all expansions, BF3 all expansions. Over 5k hours in those 3 games combined then BF4 came out after 5 hours I was done.

Now I play Insurgency best 9.00 game I ever played.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
BF1942, and BF Vietnam are still my favorite games in the series. 1942 was the best, hands down.

With a promise of a return to land, sea, and air battles I'll give BF1 a try. Have they shown any actual naval vessels yet? I want a return of battleship main guns firing on the mainland.

That said, this game looks completely, 100% AHISTORICAL.

Semi-Autos and SMGs running rampant? LOL FUCK OFF. That said, I understand it's about balance and fun, so I hope they return to a more "arcadey" style of play rather than the faux-hyper realism dropped upon us by CoD.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
There was a WW1 game I played a while back. I don't remember the name, but the trench warfare got old pretty fast.

WWI is so much more than trench warfare. I also have confidence in the people at Dice making a dynamic game with an assortment of maps.

Trinitron

n00b
Loved what I saw at E3. Game looks dope

but so many shooters Im interested this year, UC4 MP, Doom MP, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, BF1

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i got it. I'll probably play it a little tonight.

I'm super looking forward to this but not day one, not if it's going to be $120 for some mega (complete) pack.

ha. $120? keep going..

FewojC6.png

also- after looking into it, even that isn't ALL of the DLC. You would still need to pony up more dough for future stuff.

I went for the $80 early enlister version. Comes with some extra stuff that interested me. I probably wont spend any more on it after that. It was the biggest bang for the buck version.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Got it for $46 (standard ed.) from Greenmangaming.com tonight.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was really excited to see all the sci fi stuff in the latest cods. I hadn't cared about any cod games since the first one. The futuristic stuff is what got me interested again.

I haven't played the newer ones, but the end levels of Black Ops 2 where you have all the futuristic ray weapons was awesome as shit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
been playing this for a while now. Probably the best Battlefield title I've ever played and I've played them all since 1942. Got to say I'm fucking loving it and I can't wait to get home from work to continue the fight. Firing artillery shells into buildings that crumble away? oh yeah! Finally I think battlefield is kinda where it needs to be again, the early 20th century.

Now fucking stay there.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm still playing this. I love taking the light tank and going 30-0 on a map.