Slampt's Collection

slampt

Quiz Detective
Hey All,

This is the start of my collection.
A 6 Slotter with all the Metal Slugs!
I restored this cabinet myself, I still have the original chassis board but for some reason it was getting made interference so I bought a new one which looks spicy!

IMG_3306.JPG

I will post details of my Cabinet in the appropriate thread. ;)

Thanks!

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thankfully they all work together in the 6 slot. I was worried we would have issues..
I have found that the KOF MVS carts I have don't play well in the 6 slot :(

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
That would be an awesome cab to find out in the wild some place.

Pretty cool none the less. I would like to see some photos of the whole restored cab if you get a chance.

slampt

Quiz Detective
That would be an awesome cab to find out in the wild some place.

Pretty cool none the less. I would like to see some photos of the whole restored cab if you get a chance.

Thanks, will take some more tomorrow during the day. It's night here and the lighting in that room sucks for photos. :)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That cab is hawt!

When L&AI were at their peak!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Great looking cabinet, love the way the screens are angled

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nice looking cab! The Aussie style lowboys are lookers for sure, and this one has the nicer style button layout. Well done, sir.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
What are the select buttons used for? I see a game select but there is a 1p and 2p select??

slampt

Quiz Detective
Nice start with the collection. I am tots jelly of that MS5 cart :envy::keke:

Thanks! That was a lucky find on ebay it came with a 1 slotter and the dude had a typo in the title so I picked it up fairly cheap. Unfortunately none of my slugs came with artwork so I will be looking at getting that next. ;)

slampt

Quiz Detective
Nice looking cab! The Aussie style lowboys are lookers for sure, and this one has the nicer style button layout. Well done, sir.

I went the industrias lorenzo concave buttons, I love these buttons!
The Sticks are hayabusa so I had to do some hacking to get them to sit right.

IMG_3352.JPG

I also changed the wiring and colour coded/labelled everything to suit buttons and direction... o_O

slampt

Quiz Detective
What are the select buttons used for? I see a game select but there is a 1p and 2p select??

On these machines the coin mech (single slot coin mech) actually keeps track of the credits. So the Select button is to "take" the credits for that particular player.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks Everyone for all the kind feedback, happy to offer advise for anyone else doing the same thing. It took a bit of time tracking down parts and moving away from the stock bits to put in better bits did have its challenges, but once you get your head around it, it's super easy. ;)

My next one is a Sega Blast City which is currently in pieces getting re-sprayed. I think this will be my last one as I am officially out of room. :(

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Cab looks damn new, no fade on the marquees either & the 6-slot-goes-Slugs concept is killer. To top all that: English Labels! Naturally, kudos are in order.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Cab looks damn new, no fade on the marquees either & the 6-slot-goes-Slugs concept is killer. To top all that: English Labels! Naturally, kudos are in order.

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting the original kits for these (next mission). MS1 Label isn't as nice as I would like it so that needs to be replaced one day. ;)
The Marquees are all reprints from noodleshirt.com, the dude does some good work. I got all my decals for this cab from him.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Don't see 6 slotters too often especially in as nice condition as yours appears to be in. Take out some of those Slugs and put in Aero Fighters 2, Baseball Stars 2, Mutation Nation and you'll be set for a while.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Don't see 6 slotters too often especially in as nice condition as yours appears to be in. Take out some of those Slugs and put in Aero Fighters 2, Baseball Stars 2, Mutation Nation and you'll be set for a while.

Thanks! I have only just started the collection, gotta get my hands on some more carts so keeping a close eye on eBay for the bargains and local selling websites. I will get there soon! I just got a copy of KOF2002 and SVC Chaos en-route so looking foward to those. Unfortunately my other KOF carts just don't work properly in the 6 slotter. :(

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've seen this cabinet in the flesh and it's a credit to slampt. It's also nice to have another Neo Geo nut here locally in Perth :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Awesome looking cab! Get rid of Slug 2, 3 and 4, replace with Shock Troopers, Puzzle Bobble and Neo Turf Masters.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Awesome looking cab! Get rid of Slug 2, 3 and 4, replace with Shock Troopers, Puzzle Bobble and Neo Turf Masters.

Thanks mate!

I played 2 the other day for the first time in like 10 years and my god I can't remember it being that slow!!! No wonder X was released ;)
I managed to find a cheap copy of Puzzle Bobble (Kit) so that is en-route. The other 2 are most certainly on my hit list.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Damn that's a pretty clean cab. And it has a good button layout. A lot of the Aussie cabs have the buttons in a weird pattern.