missing part on cps2 Aboard

mord

n00b
Hi I have a cps2 A board that seems to place right side sprites on the left and it seems to be segments into 3 pieces onscreen. anyways upon comparing my 2 A boards side by side the bad board seem to be missing 3 CR084 34 black partsAmissing.jpg ive marked the area in red, its missing the top 3

I think these are resistor packs?? What are they exactly and would they cause the glitches??

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Those resistor packs aren't going to be the cause of your sprite issue. The sprite generator is on the B board I think, so I'd check the connectors and try other B boards.

mord

n00b
yes other boards are the same,the sprites themselves are correct but it seems that the right side sprites are output to left side and I can see 3 segments(sprites seem to get cut off every 1/3 screen) where the sprites get divided. that make me think that the missing 3 may handle sprite video output. the background layer is fine,as is the text at boot it just doesn't seem the sprites are in the correct place. The person I got the board from said he just didn't get any video at all. and where those 3 packs go looks like they have been removed.

when I got board I cleaned and checked over, soldered a few bits that looked flakey, the board itself look good