Thread: missing part on cps2 Aboard

New Challenger

missing part on cps2 Aboard

Hi I have a cps2 A board that seems to place right side sprites on the left and it seems to be segments into 3 pieces onscreen. anyways upon comparing my 2 A boards side by side the bad board seem to be missing 3 CR084 34 black partsAmissing.jpg ive marked the area in red, its missing the top 3

I think these are resistor packs?? What are they exactly and would they cause the glitches??

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by mord View Post
    I think these are resistor packs??
    Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mord View Post
    What are they exactly and would they cause the glitches??
    They're used most of the time as DAC for video signals or pull-up resistors for inputs (buttons).
    Current SNK projects:
    - Samurai Spirits (Shodown) RPG English version for the NGCD:
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...nch-to-English)
    - AES to MVS converter (plays AES games on MVS):
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...-games-on-MVS)

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Those resistor packs aren't going to be the cause of your sprite issue. The sprite generator is on the B board I think, so I'd check the connectors and try other B boards.

New Challenger

yes other boards are the same,the sprites themselves are correct but it seems that the right side sprites are output to left side and I can see 3 segments(sprites seem to get cut off every 1/3 screen) where the sprites get divided. that make me think that the missing 3 may handle sprite video output. the background layer is fine,as is the text at boot it just doesn't seem the sprites are in the correct place. The person I got the board from said he just didn't get any video at all. and where those 3 packs go looks like they have been removed.

when I got board I cleaned and checked over, soldered a few bits that looked flakey, the board itself look good

Thread Information