Best plastic scratch/ restorer ever.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man I picked me up some of this Novus plastic scratch remover this week. This shit is amazing, I can't believe how great this stuff works. They make a 1-3 kit #3 being for heavy scratches. I just picked up the 1 & 2. The #2 is the scratch remover, you just apply it like a wax do very small areas. The #1 is the finishing clean & shine. The plastic needs to be totally clean I always soak mine in warm soapy water and clean with toothbrush.

Pic's:

Can't really tell here but the shell looks like it just came out of the box.

I hate using magic erasers they dull the shit out of the plastic they are pretty much 3000 grit sandpaper. This stuff is a great alternative it gives the platic that new shinny look like it was when new.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I wish there was some before and after pics but thanks for the tip! I'll test it out.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I wish there was some before and after pics but thanks for the tip! I'll test it out.

I know I wish I had taken some but didn't even think at the time. You can see if you look close there is a heavier scratch on the bottom of the shell still. The #3 remover would need to be used on it but like on light non gouged scratches it got rid of all of them. I couldn't find any local store that carries this but kept looking and found it at my local Harley Davidson dealer I'm sure all would carry this so you should be able to get it there. Its used on the lexan / plexi on the windshields to remove those scratches so it has to be pretty good to work on clear plastic.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've used Novus before in the past and it works great. Amazon sells the kits.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Novus is magic, I use it to get scratches out of laserdiscs. It worked great on the glossy part of a ps2 slim as well.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
A co-worker used that stuff to get the scratches out of my car after I got rear ended.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi guys,

I have a question, does it work in transparent plastics?

Un saludo

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Hi guys,

I have a question, does it work in transparent plastics?

Un saludo

Yes I restored a blast city marquee with it. Every pinball site sells it to its how you clean play fields. Just don't use a high number on something clear coated as it will destroy it, like on a playfeild you would never go higher then 1.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, if you look at the Amazon reviews a lot of motorcycle guys use it on their windshields.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Middle aged mid life crisis poser then?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hmmm... this might do the trick for some of the scratched up handhelds I have then?
Anyone ever try this on a WonderSwan or Game Gear?

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This stuff is a mainstay in the pinball community. I have tons of it in my house, great product!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This stuff is a mainstay in the pinball community. I have tons of it in my house, great product!

With cabinet restoration too! I cleaned up the scratches on my Robotron bezel using the 2-step Novus and it turned out amazing. I wanna try it out on a glossy finish Astro CPO and see if I can make this baby shine again.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Soaking in water and Oxyclean helps greatly in degreasing and getting off any grime before doing further restoration.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
hmmm... this might do the trick for some of the scratched up handhelds I have then?
Anyone ever try this on a WonderSwan or Game Gear?

I used it on my Swan Crystal, it had some nasty scratches on the screen. It didn't eliminate them, but it made all of the scratches a bit smaller/less noticeable. The big scratch is still there, but a hair smaller. I don't have Novus 3, dunno if that would do better.

On a Game Gear, replacement lens covers are readily available and cheap, I'd just use those. It could be usefull on the shell itself though.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I'm glad to learn about this stuff - just ordered a batch off Amazon. I'll try it out and post some before and after pics if it works out positively.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Thanks for the tips, this shit looks amazing. Got a GameBoy Light that could use some love.

Damn, those resurfaced MVS shells look ridiculously good, Xian Xi!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Good to know, my Turbo Duo has some scratches I'd really like to fix, thanks for sharing man.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I used it on my Swan Crystal, it had some nasty scratches on the screen. It didn't eliminate them, but it made all of the scratches a bit smaller/less noticeable. The big scratch is still there, but a hair smaller. I don't have Novus 3, dunno if that would do better.

On a Game Gear, replacement lens covers are readily available and cheap, I'd just use those. It could be usefull on the shell itself though.
thanks, I'll give it a try as well then :)