Nintendo NX for March 2017. Zelda delayed. No NX at e3. WTF

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm sort of over Nintendo and the new Zelda. Game looks awesome, but how much should we all wait for this damn game? Who really gives that much of a shit? Even when it releases, it's just gonna be some forgettable game like skyward sword because it's been delayed to such a level, people are over it.. Nintendo apologists just need to see Nintendo for what it is, rehash central. How many fucking years do Wii U owners need to wait for a new Zelda? They cranked out TWO killer Mario titles. How difficult is it to just complete a fucking game?

This rehash cycle works in the arcade scene, but we're in a new world of gaming now. Nothing on the Wii U is as touching or memorable as Bloodborne was, and that was one damn game, the talent isn't there like people think it is.. If it was still there, Nintendo would be main lining the console war. Also, Nintendo needs to stop relying on Miyamoto. They need a completely fresh business style, and need to ditch that cartoony looking 3D design of SD style characters. That is so predictable now, it makes it feel like everything runs together.

I call for Nintendo to go to third party territory. They belong in that zone and the Wii U was a joke for a library. I am not forking down $300 on some handheld console mess or vapor ware games that get teased in tech demo's and dicked in our faces. This is about as good as a campaign contribution to Bernie Sanders.|

I do not feel like gambling my money early and I worry this system will have a lack of early sales because of legitimate consumer fears it's gonna be Wii U reloaded. The Wii U is a haunting reminder to Nintendo's behavior. The Wii U was a disaster. It sits in my living room for netflix usage. That shit is all this console is to me now over all.

I want straight up consoles, like the XBONE or PS4. Without Nintendo, none of this stuff would still exist today, but look at their offerings. What the hell are they pushing that's truly special or worth a damn to where I feel so excited I even bother to recommend it?

When you make a console that can be both, fine, but make the damn thing feel like a console, but Nintendo, own up to it.. Your core is a mess.

This is a unpopular opinion, but Nintendo has shown itself to be repetitive and way to god damn reliant on old talent from a time that is not relevant like it used to be. Nintendo suffers from 'Nightmare before Christmas' syndrome. Everyone see's that damn movie in Tim Burton offerings, so much so it harms his ability to move anyone with something proceeding that movie.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'm sort of over Nintendo and the new Zelda. Game looks awesome, but how much should we all wait for this damn game? Who really gives that much of a shit? Even when it releases, it's just gonna be some forgettable game like skyward sword because it's been delayed to such a level, people are over it.. Nintendo apologists just need to see Nintendo for what it is, rehash central. How many fucking years do Wii U owners need to wait for a new Zelda? They cranked out TWO killer Mario titles. How difficult is it to just complete a fucking game?

This rehash cycle works in the arcade scene, but we're in a new world of gaming now. Nothing on the Wii U is as touching or memorable as Bloodborne was, and that was one damn game, the talent isn't there like people think it is.. If it was still there, Nintendo would be main lining the console war. Also, Nintendo needs to stop relying on Miyamoto. They need a completely fresh business style, and need to ditch that cartoony looking 3D design of SD style characters. That is so predictable now, it makes it feel like everything runs together.

I call for Nintendo to go to third party territory. They belong in that zone and the Wii U was a joke for a library. I am not forking down $300 on some handheld console mess or vapor ware games that get teased in tech demo's and dicked in our faces. This is about as good as a campaign contribution to Bernie Sanders.|

I do not feel like gambling my money early and I worry this system will have a lack of early sales because of legitimate consumer fears it's gonna be Wii U reloaded. The Wii U is a haunting reminder to Nintendo's behavior. The Wii U was a disaster. It sits in my living room for netflix usage. That shit is all this console is to me now over all.

I want straight up consoles, like the XBONE or PS4. Without Nintendo, none of this stuff would still exist today, but look at their offerings. What the hell are they pushing that's truly special or worth a damn to where I feel so excited I even bother to recommend it?

When you make a console that can be both, fine, but make the damn thing feel like a console, but Nintendo, own up to it.. Your core is a mess.

This is a unpopular opinion, but Nintendo has shown itself to be repetitive and way to god damn reliant on old talent from a time that is not relevant like it used to be. Nintendo suffers from 'Nightmare before Christmas' syndrome. Everyone see's that damn movie in Tim Burton offerings, so much so it harms his ability to move anyone with something proceeding that movie.

o.0 You haven't seen Big Fish.

Nintendo ultimately suffers from the fact that they are a toy company; that has always been their approach; and as video games are no longer toys; they will just leave the market and go back to making game and watch like things, and move into other businesses.

Pokemon Pachinko anyone?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I buy into that argument just a bit more, they really are and for very long many decades been a toy company, only being a gambling operation first (and still are.) They're a gambling and toy company, video games to them are digital toys. Look what they produce best, most of all, and what is most profitable -- currently Pokemon, not the few million seller games, but the few billion seller lines of all things Pokemon merchandise right down to the Japanese amusement park with the key franchises riding second place that have been around far longer (Mario/Zelda.) They could say fuck you all I'm out of here, and just peddle pokemon shit and rake it in and not give two shits while casually throwing down more of their classic library/licensed library via a 'microconsole' type android(but they'll say non-android) type device, more android/ios apps, stuff like the old keychain G&W games out for like 20 years now and the mini console in November. They'd do far better and take heaps less shit from people who think they know better than they do.

I buy into that argument just a bit more, they really are and for very long many decades been a toy company, only being a gambling operation first (and still are.) They're a gambling and toy company, video games to them are digital toys. Look what they produce best, most of all, and what is most profitable -- currently Pokemon, not the few million seller games, but the few billion seller lines of all things Pokemon merchandise right down to the Japanese amusement park with the key franchises riding second place that have been around far longer (Mario/Zelda.) They could say fuck you all I'm out of here, and just peddle pokemon shit and rake it in and not give two shits while casually throwing down more of their classic library/licensed library via a 'microconsole' type android(but they'll say non-android) type device, more android/ios apps, stuff like the old keychain G&W games out for like 20 years now and the mini console in November. They'd do far better and take heaps less shit from people who think they know better than they do.

AFAIK, Nintendo only has a 50% stake in Pokemon along with Game Freaks, though. Which is why their stock plummeted when they said they had nothing to do with Pokemon Go, which I think they split 33.3% with Game Freak and Niantic.

When you count Game Freaks and then they people that actually produce the Poke toys like Tomy and then retailers like Toys R Us, I doubt they rake in too too much on Pokemon merchandise.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
They just want to buy into a niche. Don't we all? Big N was never about specs anyway, ask the Ricoh 5A22 @ 3.58 MHz.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher

I agree with this.

There comes a time when the Old guard needs to step down. Change can be exciting. I love Metal Gear Solid, but I have this nagging feeling that Kojima was holding back the series because he wants to be a hollywood movie maker. Don't get me wrong, I love MGS5: TPP, but parts of it are beyond stupid. I'm excited to see what Konami does with Metal Gear (besides Pachinko) and what Kojima can do with a new IP Its the same thing with the JJ Abrams taking the reins for Star Wars. Sure, there can be mess ups along the way (Ghostbusters), but I always want to see new things.

Every 3D Zelda has been the same. They've gotten worse and worse with the hand holding. Then they come along and make this new game with all these promises,, and with them delay after delay. I stopped caring about Mario games awhile ago but how many "New Super Mario Bros" have they shitted out? Instead of a new true 3D Mario like 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what guys like us think. Nintendrones gets used a lot, but I absolutely feel its valid. I won't be buying a new Nintendo console until its proven its worthy of a sale. The NX has had no information and it's been rumoured since what, like 2014? It's ridiculous.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm sort of over Nintendo and the new Zelda. Game looks awesome, but how much should we all wait for this damn game?

Waiting for a game doesnt really change the game itself.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
AFAIK, Nintendo only has a 50% stake in Pokemon along with Game Freaks, though. Which is why their stock plummeted when they said they had nothing to do with Pokemon Go, which I think they split 33.3% with Game Freak and Niantic.

When you count Game Freaks and then they people that actually produce the Poke toys like Tomy and then retailers like Toys R Us, I doubt they rake in too too much on Pokemon merchandise.

I know they do the three way cut with the classic non -Niantic 'go' stuff, not sure where that lies on that one. I imagine a 4 way cut of some proportion which is why they took that hit, plus it just was way over inflated so any correction had to be expected unless you were an idiot buying stock as it rose up so fast not waiting to be certain. Given the billions each year Pokemon rakes in, even at a 1/3 share if you pull in 3b a year, that's still 1b in their pockets, nothing to laugh at when you think of it in those terms.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Waiting for something if you allow yourself to get all worked up with expectations generally makes the game less good than your imagined awesome version. But same can be said to any follow up game or media.

I plan to get it for the WiiU, and I'll probably enjoy it. I'm trying not to have any expectations for it besides it being rather less buggy and half-baked then say... an open world Obsidian Game.

I'm still waiting for Book 6 of game of thrones, and one thing I am certain. I will play Zelda BOTW, I will play Persona 5, and hopefully get to play Dragon Quest 11. And, I will probably still be waiting for Book 6 of Game of Thrones.

So that should put things in perspective.

fake

15 Year Member
I know they do the three way cut with the classic non -Niantic 'go' stuff, not sure where that lies on that one. I imagine a 4 way cut of some proportion which is why they took that hit, plus it just was way over inflated so any correction had to be expected unless you were an idiot buying stock as it rose up so fast not waiting to be certain. Given the billions each year Pokemon rakes in, even at a 1/3 share if you pull in 3b a year, that's still 1b in their pockets, nothing to laugh at when you think of it in those terms.

Yeah and what are their operating costs? Their biggest revenue streams are probably Pokemon games and licensing, amiibos, and general licensing fees. They need to balance that with hardware R and D, hardware manufacturing, tech licensing, software development, operations and lawyers, marketing, sales, shipping, disc manufacturing, localization, IP management, etc. Thats gonna add up.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Actually I wouldn't agree. So many games are good or great based on the time they come out and how they innovate that era. For example when Mario 64 and Final Fantasy VII came out, they defined a feeling for the time that makes them such masterpieces. If Mario 64 came out now, it'd be just another 3D game. Zelda Mask of the whatever nature wind... I mean how impacting is it going to be? Nintendo is acting like seeing and visiting far off area's in the game is some ground breaking idea. We did this with GTA games for years. Especially V, which was a fantastic game for replay-ability.

The longer you wait for a game the more you become bitter about it and less likely to like it as much. Your statement is true from your angle. I totally understand that, but human beings make the core truth not matter because we all define these games based upon where we are in life, our feelings, our passion for art and many other factors. The most important thing is the sales. The amount of time Nintendo delay's stuff has become so common place, so predictable, I really don't see the NX being a real competitor. Sorry, I just don't. I see the NX as being the same thing as the Wii U.

People will probably still feel imprisoned within Nintendo's 'happy face' control freakish mentality, and lack of true third party support to offer non Nintendo variety. Look how they handled youtube. How petty Nintendo can be. Now cross reference that behavior with how they might be with third parties who have a goal to make money selling games on their console... Nintendo has themselves proven they are regressive, they do not want to empower the consumer.. This goes way back to the old days where these people lobbied a rental ban here. They just don't work with the times, they don't want 'let's play' advertisements. Hell, I can go on my PS4 right now, and stream KOF XIV combo's with zero punishment. I can even monetize that if I wanted to and make a few pennies doing something I like doing. That is modern gaming. Nintendo doesn't get it, and if you try to make them get it, they just regress further, by trying to control everything. They have the legal right, but they come off like a spoiled damn entitled baby. I feel they have sealed their own fate.

The stubbornness is beyond reproach. Reminds me of the SNK stubbornness people considered a issue with people from Okinawa. Nintendo is behind the times when it comes to offering something of value to compete with the main players. If the NX doesn't feature a upload feature, it won't be something I'll be crazy about, since I love those features. I don't know about you guys, but I feel a serious lack of enthusiasm supporting a company who wants to pin me to the wall as a consumer to enjoy sharing their content with others online. No thanks. They have that right, but you need to know when to seed this type of thing for the greater good of sales and your company.

Also, don't buy into Nintendo's idea of 'we don't compete, we're our own thing'. That is just passive aggressive speak from a 'do what we know' company who refuses to push the bar and take any real risks. They absolutely should compete. They should be knocking down god damn doors offering 3rd parties premium funds to work for their new console. They should even ressurect the long forgotten commercial and pounding it into our heads. Give these characters a new face, just SOMETHING to move away from that SD doll'ish mentality.

Being risk free for to long is a death sentence. All I feel is that I'm playing in Nintendo's pre-fab controlled environment with stuff. Nintendo has only themselves to blame. They isolated their grown up kids base that we all belong to with the betrayal that the Wii was in general. The Wii had some fantastic titles like Punch Out Wii, but it was hardly a console with true 3rd party treasures. So much shovel ware trash content. Punch Out Wii was in my view the best game on the console. This is karmic.

I don't even own or have played Splatoon, but at LEAST it was a new offering. If you measure up the failings to the accomplishments, I feel Nintendo is best as a 3rd party 'playing it safe' forever. The younger audiences don't need Nintendo, they can just play shit on moms cell phone. Nintendo... They blew it advertising the Wii U, they blew it on Youtube with the claims drama. They blew it with the revenue share. They did a good job with Splatoon, but Nintendo's offerings make you feel more like a door knocker then a house guest. I have a resentment towards them now, and I grew up loving what Nintendo offered. The 3rd party balance is completely gone, and Nintendo's stuff is just no longer interesting enough for me to justify plunking down cash for a new console, a console I'm not even sure is going to make it in the long run. I'll be watching the first year at a distance and if I am completely wrong, and let's PRAY I am, then I'll gladly eat crow and buy a NX.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Actually I wouldn't agree. So many games are good or great based on the time they come out and how they innovate that era. For example when Mario 64 and Final Fantasy VII came out, they defined a feeling for the time that makes them such masterpieces. If Mario 64 came out now, it'd be just another 3D game. Zelda Mask of the whatever nature wind... I mean how impacting is it going to be? Nintendo is acting like seeing and visiting far off area's in the game is some ground breaking idea. We did this with GTA games for years. Especially V, which was a fantastic game for replay-ability.

The longer you wait for a game the more you become bitter about it and less likely to like it as much. Your statement is true from your angle. I totally understand that, but human beings make the core truth not matter because we all define these games based upon where we are in life, our feelings, our passion for art and many other factors. The most important thing is the sales. The amount of time Nintendo delay's stuff has become so common place, so predictable, I really don't see the NX being a real competitor. Sorry, I just don't. I see the NX as being the same thing as the Wii U.

People will probably still feel imprisoned within Nintendo's 'happy face' control freakish mentality, and lack of true third party support to offer non Nintendo variety. Look how they handled youtube. How petty Nintendo can be. Now cross reference that behavior with how they might be with third parties who have a goal to make money selling games on their console... Nintendo has themselves proven they are regressive, they do not want to empower the consumer.. This goes way back to the old days where these people lobbied a rental ban here. They just don't work with the times, they don't want 'let's play' advertisements. Hell, I can go on my PS4 right now, and stream KOF XIV combo's with zero punishment. I can even monetize that if I wanted to and make a few pennies doing something I like doing. That is modern gaming. Nintendo doesn't get it, and if you try to make them get it, they just regress further, by trying to control everything. They have the legal right, but they come off like a spoiled damn entitled baby. I feel they have sealed their own fate.

The stubbornness is beyond reproach. Reminds me of the SNK stubbornness people considered a issue with people from Okinawa. Nintendo is behind the times when it comes to offering something of value to compete with the main players. If the NX doesn't feature a upload feature, it won't be something I'll be crazy about, since I love those features. I don't know about you guys, but I feel a serious lack of enthusiasm supporting a company who wants to pin me to the wall as a consumer to enjoy sharing their content with others online. No thanks. They have that right, but you need to know when to seed this type of thing for the greater good of sales and your company.

Also, don't buy into Nintendo's idea of 'we don't compete, we're our own thing'. That is just passive aggressive speak from a 'do what we know' company who refuses to push the bar and take any real risks. They absolutely should compete. They should be knocking down god damn doors offering 3rd parties premium funds to work for their new console. They should even ressurect the long forgotten commercial and pounding it into our heads. Give these characters a new face, just SOMETHING to move away from that SD doll'ish mentality.

Being risk free for to long is a death sentence. All I feel is that I'm playing in Nintendo's pre-fab controlled environment with stuff. Nintendo has only themselves to blame. They isolated their grown up kids base that we all belong to with the betrayal that the Wii was in general. The Wii had some fantastic titles like Punch Out Wii, but it was hardly a console with true 3rd party treasures. So much shovel ware trash content. Punch Out Wii was in my view the best game on the console. This is karmic.

I don't even own or have played Splatoon, but at LEAST it was a new offering. If you measure up the failings to the accomplishments, I feel Nintendo is best as a 3rd party 'playing it safe' forever. The younger audiences don't need Nintendo, they can just play shit on moms cell phone. Nintendo... They blew it advertising the Wii U, they blew it on Youtube with the claims drama. They blew it with the revenue share. They did a good job with Splatoon, but Nintendo's offerings make you feel more like a door knocker then a house guest. I have a resentment towards them now, and I grew up loving what Nintendo offered. The 3rd party balance is completely gone, and Nintendo's stuff is just no longer interesting enough for me to justify plunking down cash for a new console, a console I'm not even sure is going to make it in the long run. I'll be watching the first year at a distance and if I am completely wrong, and let's PRAY I am, then I'll gladly eat crow and buy a NX.

Personal inability to refrain hype and expectations still do not change the game. You can be bitter all you want, but you are judging something that doesnt exist.

You critique Nintendo as if it's not profitable and successful in a market of failing japanese companies. They are doing something right despite failing to deliver Zelda in your ideal timeline. Stubborn? The japanese are stubborn, but Nintendo is virtually the only japanese developer that is doing something different and succeeding. Sony is in far more trouble than Nintendo if you look at the books.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
You critique Nintendo as if it's not profitable and successful in a market of failing japanese companies.
You might want to look at their most recent quarterly report.

I'm actually excited about the NX, but if it goes the way of the Wii U, you'll be playing Nintendo games on PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam by 2020, because there won't be anywhere else to go.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Personal inability to refrain hype and expectations still do not change the game. You can be bitter all you want, but you are judging something that doesnt exist.

You critique Nintendo as if it's not profitable and successful in a market of failing japanese companies. They are doing something right despite failing to deliver Zelda in your ideal timeline. Stubborn? The japanese are stubborn, but Nintendo is virtually the only japanese developer that is doing something different and succeeding. Sony is in far more trouble than Nintendo if you look at the books.

My ideal timeline? C'mon, they delayed the living hell out of this game. Imagine this type of behavior in the work place or school. I'm done chasing the Zelda dragon. It almost feels that Nintendo uses Zelda as a lure, since it is their hottest IP. The Wii U came out in late 2012, and this is 2016 and we have no Zelda for that console. Not remakes, a real, new game. We're barely getting a Zelda at its death. People can complain about Twilight Princess, but the gamecube also had Wind Waker. Both good games. This system was abysmal. The NX will probably be some non-next gen under powered 'we're gonna do our own thing' console. Not a real 'we're taking no more shit' offering. Passive aggressiveness. Nintendo is scared to compete and make a real effort. Without them, nobody would be anything today.

Nintendo is very stubborn.. Refuses to change positively with the way the times have moved. They won't even let you advertise for them with their game content, they want money for that to. I'm sort of amazed I don't need to shove a camera up my ass so they can check for polyps when I load up the Wii U. The feeling isn't good.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
My ideal timeline? C'mon, they delayed the living hell out of this game. Imagine this type of behavior in the work place or school. I'm done chasing the Zelda dragon. It almost feels that Nintendo uses Zelda as a lure, since it is their hottest IP. The Wii U came out in late 2012, and this is 2016 and we have no Zelda for that console. Not remakes, a real, new game. We're barely getting a Zelda at its death. People can complain about Twilight Princess, but the gamecube also had Wind Waker. Both good games. This system was abysmal. The NX will probably be some non-next gen under powered 'we're gonna do our own thing' console. Not a real 'we're taking no more shit' offering. Passive aggressiveness. Nintendo is scared to compete and make a real effort. Without them, nobody would be anything today.

Nintendo is very stubborn.. Refuses to change positively with the way the times have moved. They won't even let you advertise for them with their game content, they want money for that to. I'm sort of amazed I don't need to shove a camera up my ass so they can check for polyps when I load up the Wii U. The feeling isn't good.

Why are you so invested in this, though? There are so many good games out right now to satisfy. We're not left wanting. If a new Zelda comes in three years, great, if it comes in ten, so what? Nintendo's only failure here is fulfilling your expectation, and I'm not sure why it bothers you so much. When the game is released it will be judged on its merits as a Zekda title, and I'd rather that be a good game, then one on schedule. Maybe that's the main difference. Nintendo can and will delay a title if it is not working, or won't deliver the experience they're after. Sure, they still misfire all the time, but I'd rather they be held to their own standards and time tables than yours or mine.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Why are you so invested in this, though? There are so many good games out right now to satisfy. We're not left wanting. If a new Zelda comes in three years, great, if it comes in ten, so what? Nintendo's only failure here is fulfilling your expectation, and I'm not sure why it bothers you so much. When the game is released it will be judged on its merits as a Zekda title, and I'd rather that be a good game, then one on schedule. Maybe that's the main difference. Nintendo can and will delay a title if it is not working, or won't deliver the experience they're after. Sure, they still misfire all the time, but I'd rather they be held to their own standards and time tables than yours or mine.

Gamers bitching about Nintendo is like men bitching about their wives. Its just something to do while waiting for the next time you can climax.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Delay's make sense, I am not that invested in the wait. Complaining is fun. Celt gets it. I am just tired of Nintendo's BS. This company is given so much forgiveness, some of it comes from people on a level that defies all logic.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
About the delay on the new Zelda game, I can't help but think that someone at Nintendo must have played The Witcher 3 and was like "Guys...I think we need to get back to the drawing board. That see-those-mountains-in-the-distance bullshit won't cut it anymore. This game needs more content. This game needs moar tits."

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Saw these pics, seems very plausible for the NX, maybe they should call it N-gage.
a23f1762c3241598d22ab7ed19051a3c.jpg
339dec312a55ffaf24a985d1fcaa0cc2.jpg

I'm not too worried about specs and I'd be all for this setup with the proposed Dock to play the games on TV when home.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Those wii controls come to fruition and define games, I'm out.

Last edited:

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
Saw these pics, seems very plausible for the NX, maybe they should call it N-gage.
a23f1762c3241598d22ab7ed19051a3c.jpg
339dec312a55ffaf24a985d1fcaa0cc2.jpg

I'm not too worried about specs and I'd be all for this setup with the proposed Dock to play the games on TV when home.

If thats real they just took a Wii-U game pad and had the sides able to come off.

I have zero hype for the NX because all they're doing is teasing it since like 2014. If this is the end result I'm even less interested.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Those wii controls come to fruition and define games, I'm out.

I'm pretty sure they'll realease a Pro Controller like they did for both the original Wii and the Wii U. These are much better than the nunchuck crap.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I worry the games will be intentionally coded to put up with motion controls bullshit. I do doubt that nunchuck crap is coming back though. That console if really happening that way is very unattractive to me. JUST MAKE A FUCKING BOX YOU PUT DISCS IN WITH MODERN TECH AND A CONTROLLER. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO NINTENDO. Wishful thinking. They've dug themselves such a apple-esque grave, who really knows if that'd even work. The entire company needs a fresh face. Big time.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I worry the games will be intentionally coded to put up with motion controls bullshit. I do doubt that nunchuck crap is coming back though. That console if really happening that way is very unattractive to me. JUST MAKE A FUCKING BOX YOU PUT DISCS IN WITH MODERN TECH AND A CONTROLLER. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO NINTENDO. Wishful thinking. They've dug themselves such a apple-esque grave, who really knows if that'd even work. The entire company needs a fresh face. Big time.

Well they had to stop the motion nonsense with the Wii U. Every game is playabe with the touchpad. They didn't even bother to throw any nunchuk in the box. If you want to play your original Wii games, you have to buy both a wiimote and a nunchuk. The games won't even start unless you point the wiimote at your TV (if you installed the sensor bar that is, otherwise you need to point it at the touchpad).

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Nintendo is afraid to compete because in their mind they've already lost. You do NO GOOD for long term by playing it safe and not taking risks. Imagine if Nintendo was a team at a football game, and in the first play Reggie Fils-Aime pops onto the field and says; 'Oh, we're not doing this, we're going to go our own way'. They'd be booed off the field. The entire company needs a new outlook and a new face or it's going to be Sega in five years. We'll be lucky if it even lasts that long. They will hopefully be very well off still and just to afraid to mess with consoles due to a bad track record. Handhelds are a major iffy market with smart phones now. That hurt Nintendo a lot I'm going to assume. I wish we could see Nintendo get some balls again and allow the right content or entice outside support.

We all know the quality of 'Sonic' games, which as I recall were so poor even one of the major players said 'games to be fixed over time'. That they were fully complacent in churning out shit. People, nor Nintendo are going to swallow the NX if they follow these past mistakes. Play with the big boys and be competitive. Make a matte black console with a good ass controller and stop being embarrassingly predictable... Say 'hey fuck those guys, we'll pay you a shitload and make this platform easy to work with'. Assert dominance or be destroyed, this is the open market here, nobody goes their own way.. You will be compared to someone else offering a better experience, and Nintendo needs to get its shit together. To even exude that type of sentiment stinks of weakness, and consumers pick up on that. People don't want to put 300$ being some half hearted system campaign.

The PS3 had more to offer easily then the Wii did. Nintendo is like that whiney punk rocker bitching for change at the airport. That easy money Wii has soured the business sense coming from them. Get with the fucking times... The special rules don't exist for Nintendo, and they need to stop thinking it works to pretend to be in some unique class all their own. The sales aren't there with the Wii U and they marketed that console with a tin can hooked to a string... The Wii U was such a disaster my Wii U is literally 95% netflix. Guess what my Wii was? Same shit minus the netflix. It sat. I'm not going for round 3.

It's absolutely inexcusable a game as great as Demon's Souls came out on the PS3 and Nintendo sat in the dust due to their stubborn cash cow Wii that has changed the view of their company as a gimmick machine. Demon's Souls defined a feeling in gaming that is special to me and has a memorable segment in my history. Stuff like this was the true successor to the SNES, the greatest console ever made, it is the successor to the NES. The worst thing is brand recognition. When I think of Nintendo I think of only Mario's big fat fucking nose and think, 'oh, I've been down this road before'. Its the small stereotypical shit like this that pushes away consumers, the stereotype of the broad picture. Nintendo needs a new face.

The NES can be argued to have been childish, but I absolutely do not agree. It had games for all comers. Seriously, remember how controversial Friday the 13th was? The market Sony owns now was the market Nintendo had. Gaming has matured into something amazing. Amazing story telling, etc. Nintendo is just doing more of the same predictable stuff, but there character designs and SD shit make them appear to be stuck in the past.. Like they can't just let it go and redefine things... I can't even bring myself to care enough to play the new smash. It bored me to pieces. Nintendo has also ruined that series, and the people who love it play Melee because Melee is so deep, it has a whole other level of skill. Yet, once again, rather then embrace both audiences, Nintendo resigns it to the party game it began as. It is this type of thinking and defeatism that makes me sick of them. Now they are just the company that makes the next Zelda.

They realize that also because they keep re-releasing Zelda games we've all beaten before. Like 'oh hey, look what we did before'. My question is what are you doing now? That new Zelda doesn't look that great for all this wait. Like I said earlier, the wait has been so long, I don't see it being that big a thing. Other games are continually coming out that offer a more fleshed out experience then Zelda.

Zelda also these days is just the same game, go to dungeon, get X item, be able to go to next dungeon. Christ, not ONE new Zelda hit the Wii U and it's in the terminal stages. Not ONE until this game.. You better believe I am not pouring cash out for a NX with promises of shit that we may not even get. Even with the Zelda games, it's not such a world class experience to where I absolutely need to play it anymore.

Last edited: