Senko no Ronde / Wartech Appreciation thread (Old, New, SP, Rev.X, DUO)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Here's a great place to discuss everything about this awesome game series, be it on the Naomi, Xbox 360 or the Taito Type X2. Best *vs Shmup* I'm aware of since the old days of Star Control. A vita version was also scheduled for 2013 but I suppose that it unfortunately must have been cancelled unless it's still in the works.

hqdefault.jpg

Senko_no_Ronde_Duo_Logo_1.bmp

2.jpg

snap02.jpg

Senko_no_Ronde_Duo_Flyer_01.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Ugh. Wartech was awful.
Welcome back, baby.

Awfully amazing, that is. ;)
Maybe you have to be all nostalgic on Star Control to really appreciate this game? If it was the game's speed that turned you off, DUO is faster paced.

hugo_galvao_star_control_ii_lutando_contra_um_probe_slylandro.02.03.jpg

Star_Control_II_Melee.png

hugo_galvao_star_control_ii_unidade_melee.02.03.jpg

melee1.png

Thx FR. :)

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I had a chance to check out the x2 version of this game, it is pretty good fun. Didn't get to play enough to really check out the depth or figure any systems out, but it was fun to check out. Cuilan is also in this game.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Some Star Control Melee action for those that have never played the games.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I remember the 360 version of this game being pretty clunky and awful, did I miss something?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Ohhhhh I dont think I've ever known anyone to have a SnR DUO before.

I just got it in the mail yesterday, version 2.00 too! ^_^ (2 extra characters)

I know it's in the X2 Multi game HDD, I'm curious which version of the game is on that?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I remember the 360 version of this game being pretty clunky and awful, did I miss something?

I don't know how to respond, the game was unpolished mechanically in areas, but DUO was a pretty big improvement. Rev X was awesome IMO, but it was simply a graphical update of the older Naomi release with extras. Frankly I loved the game since the original Naomi release though, so I guess the gaming style just appeals to me personally more than it does for others.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I don't know how to respond, the game was unpolished mechanically in areas, but DUO was a pretty big improvement. Rev X was awesome IMO, but it was simply a graphical update of the older Naomi release with extras. Frankly I loved the game since the original Naomi release though, so I guess the gaming style just appeals to me personally more than it does for others.

Oh, I'm more wondering if the others play differently I guess (smoother controls, that kinda stuff) since all I played was the 360 version, which was kinda lacking in that area.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

Agree. DUO is pretty good and it's cheap if you can get Korean xbox360 version.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Excellent series. Rev.X and DUO are two of my favorite games ever. I'm always up for some VS matches with anyone, or I'll gladly teach anyone how to play it properly.

Ugh. Wartech was awful.

Ban pls.

Is the sequel better than the first game?

For beginners and graphics whores, yes.

Seems like you missed so much, that I'm not sure if you actually even played the game yourself. Perhaps you only played single player mode, for about 5 minutes, while half-asleep/drunk.

Sigh, first Filthy Rear and now Tw3ek...it's not often you see a thread outside of the War Room with this many objectively wrong opinions...:oh_no:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I just got it in the mail yesterday, version 2.00 too! ^_^ (2 extra characters)

I know it's in the X2 Multi game HDD, I'm curious which version of the game is on that?

Yep 2.00 is on the multi, as far as I know it was the only one "officially" dumped.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Yep 2.00 is on the multi, as far as I know it was the only one "officially" dumped.

Nice. They updated and rebalanced a few characters in version 2.2 (Xbox 360) and later updated the arcade game to version 2.3 (NESiCAxLive exclusive).
I hate digital distribution, I'd love to own version 2.3 on an HDD.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Nice. They updated and rebalanced a few characters in version 2.2 (Xbox 360) and later updated the arcade game to version 2.3 (NESiCAxLive exclusive).
I hate digital distribution, I'd love to own version 2.3 on an HDD.

Yea digital distribution sucks, Dont worry, you will own it one day :)

It wont be "official" but you can still own the game on a multi or make your own drive that boots just that game like a legit X2 drive.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Senko No Ronde was one of those games that always intrigued me but I never learned how to play. Should I fire up the NAOMI or would I be better off hunting down something on 360?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Senko No Ronde was one of those games that always intrigued me but I never learned how to play. Should I fire up the NAOMI or would I be better off hunting down something on 360?

I'd say go with 360. They're more up-to-date/balanced, have online VS modes, and have more content.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Excellent series. Rev.X and DUO are two of my favorite games ever. I'm always up for some VS matches with anyone, or I'll gladly teach anyone how to play it properly.

Ban pls.

For beginners and graphics whores, yes.

Seems like you missed so much, that I'm not sure if you actually even played the game yourself. Perhaps you only played single player mode, for about 5 minutes, while half-asleep/drunk.

Sigh, first Filthy Rear and now Tw3ek...it's not often you see a thread outside of the War Room with this many objectively wrong opinions...:oh_no:

The game fucking sucks.