Senko no Ronde / Wartech Appreciation thread (Old, New, SP, Rev.X, DUO)

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
This is interesting , I have always been a big Star Control fan. I'll have to look into this and try it for myself since it doesn't cost much on ebay.

Thanks for the info!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Seems like you missed so much, that I'm not sure if you actually even played the game yourself. Perhaps you only played single player mode, for about 5 minutes, while half-asleep/drunk.

Sigh, first Filthy Rear and now Tw3ek...it's not often you see a thread outside of the War Room with this many objectively wrong opinions...:oh_no:

Oh Sama, why must we always fight? :confused: It just seems like it could have been much more with a little time and polish and the controls felt stiff.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I was told the second one was leaps and bounds better...oddly enough in chat...by Hentaisama.

original.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
....ok now I'm 100% lost.

Was just a joke, DecepticonZero said he didn't want to see any random furry foot fetish stuff randomly posted outside of the war room when he's browsing the forums at work.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The game fucking sucks.

Wrong again, FilthyRear. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

This^ I've owned both 360 releases. They're garbage.

Come on, DZ. You're too good for this bandwagon. Have you no self-respect?

Oh Sama, why must we always fight? :confused: It just seems like it could have been much more with a little time and polish and the controls felt stiff.

If you say so. You should try DUO, I think you might like it.

I was told the second one was leaps and bounds better...oddly enough in chat...by Hentaisama.

For beginners and those who don't care much for VS mode, it definitely is.

Seriously guys, perhaps the problem here is that you are all expecting these games to be something they're not. If you go in expecting something a lot like a shmup, of course there will be disappointment. These games are essentially Virtual On from a top-down view, with bullet-hell attacks, VS fighter-ish command inputs, and a strong emphasis on PVP. If playing against others isn't your thing, then I'm afraid these games just aren't for you. DUO at least is easier for beginners to learn and has a fairly elaborate story mode, but the latter is all in Japanese.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Sama, I gotta' admit... You've always had good taste. ;)

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Was just a joke, DecepticonZero said he didn't want to see any random furry foot fetish stuff randomly posted outside of the war room when he's browsing the forums at work.

Ahhh ok, I gotcha. Knew it was probably something I was missing. Funny though!

If you say so. You should try DUO, I think you might like it.

I'd be up for giving it a shot.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
After talking with Sama, I picked up a version of DUO. Apparently comes with some character drama CD too, whatever that entails. Hopefully it is fun! Is there still online for this game?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Friendly reminder that 360 version of Duo is region locked. Hope you have a Japanese console (or are getting Naomi version).

Not sure about the Drama CD. I grabbed the standard edition. (and looking now that version is super cheap :) )

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Friendly reminder that 360 version of Duo is region locked. Hope you have a Japanese console (or are getting Naomi version).

Not sure about the Drama CD. I grabbed the standard edition. (and looking now that version is super cheap :) )

Tw3ek only roles with JP region stuff.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

I do have a Japan 360, but thank you for the concern! If you want a copy of the Drama CD, let me know and I can upload it :)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Nice scoop, Tw3ek. The limited cover art is pretty cool.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Those are cool! Do you have a link to where one could buy them, I need new slippers.

I actually got Wartech, due to Poisonsama's posting of that video of DUO (I lack a Japanese 360). I'm eagerly anticipating meeting up with my brothers to play it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

"It's a story from long, long ago — Fortuna was born in the nook of a small village. Ever since she was born she never stopped crying. Her wailing voice caused many people to suffer. If she didn't stop her wails would eventually cover the entire world. "Fortuna will surely be gone in 100 years time" The people held to that hope and entrusted it to the distant skies. The people ran from the ark known as Earth... And so Fortuna, who was all alone, cried until she took her final breath. — In this way, the old world came to an end. And a new world, began."

— Senko no Ronde's opening

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Alright Sama, gonna give it a spin. Lemme know when you wanna play online!

gjGJSXW.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Alright Sama, gonna give it a spin. Lemme know when you wanna play online!

View attachment 35906

I eagerly await your opinions. For those that read Japanese, here are the most popular characters based on my bookkeeping (3070 plays on my HDD)

E99DEF23-59BA-40A1-852A-31A84E674390_zps3bcdqy0b.jpg

I can't believe Cuilan B comes in at number 26/28, that's my main. At least Cuilan A came in second.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got wartech, it was dirt cheap, definitely willing to give it a shot 'cause I got 'cause DZ told me it was cool 'cause PS told him it was cool, I tried it, couldn't get into it, now forward almost a decade and I'm thinking maybe I'm missing out? Don't have the second one, just the US wartech release, so if anyone wants to have some games online I'm down to get beat like a red-headed step child...all in the name of learning and science!