No video through I/O on Naomi

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Got a naomi set up...
Mobo, netdimm, sun psu, sega jamma/jvs I/O...
Jamma harness powering the I/O and the sun psu powering the naomi. All voltages are good...

Tried to hook it up in the cab with dip 1 up for low res, and got no picture...

Hooked the mobo directly to my pc monitor with dip 1 back down in high res and it works fine...played a few games of sports jam, everything working just fine.

Anything I should try, or is it just a wonky I/O?

Also tried it on someone else's setup and same deal.

Any ideas?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I would guess bad IO... I've never had problems with mine passing video to JAMMA in 15 or 31khz.

A couple games don't like 15khz but you should at least get your boot screen regardless.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I would guess bad IO... I've never had problems with mine passing video to JAMMA in 15 or 31khz.

A couple games don't like 15khz but you should at least get your boot screen regardless.

Thanks, I figured as much but was hoping it would be something simple I was overlooking...

I'm just glad you didn't say "buy a capcom I/O" which seems like 90% of the answers people gave to others when I was googling for info.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Thanks, I figured as much but was hoping it would be something simple I was overlooking...

I'm just glad you didn't say "buy a capcom I/O" which seems like 90% of the answers people gave to others when I was googling for info.

No worries. The sega jamma IO's really aren't that bad. I keep a few of them around, they work fine in a blast city.

If you want, you could send me yours and I could test it, or I could let you borrow one of mine that I know works... not sure if that's any more cost effective than you just scooping a new one but if I can help let me know.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
That's very cool of you, thanks.

I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Wow, you guys are awesome...

Thanks.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Capcom I/O does indeed get video up on the screen now, but its super jittery looking... I tried to make a video of it, but it looks great on the video lol.

Tried adjusting the holds...

Any ideas chaps?

Oh, also...

Test screen is not jittery

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
That's good news! The jittery video on the other hand.. The monitor is dual res, right? Is it auto sync, or is it manually set to 24 kHz?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Capcom I/O does indeed get video up on the screen now, but its super jittery looking... I tried to make a video of it, but it looks great on the video lol.

Tried adjusting the holds...

Any ideas chaps?

Oh, also...

Test screen is not jittery

Sounds normal for 15k output from the Naomi, looks terrible IMO. Pretty much a 31k or bust platform.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
That's good news! The jittery video on the other hand.. The monitor is dual res, right? Is it auto sync, or is it manually set to 24 kHz?

Its auto...

I find if I adjust the size of the picture on screen it stabilizes...
I have to make it pretty small to make it stable and as soon as I try to fill the screen again it gets shaky...

If I go into the test menu everything is fine on full screen, but info go into the game test screen its bumpy again.

I had to stop for now because there is some crazy storming going on right now, I'll post some pics up when I can.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Craig had said his mr driller 2 PCB displays fine.. does anyone know what refresh rate it is? system 16 says the follwing for system 10 HW:

OSC : 53.693175MHz and 101.4912MHz
Resolution : 256x224 - 740x480

weird resolutions.. but is this a 15 or 24 KHz board?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Tried today to get some action using gutzs supergun, no dice...

Maybe its my mobo or filterboard... I think my next step is going to be trying to find someone local with a naomi setup, so I can rule that out.

Lemony Vengeance

Damn dude.. I hope it's just the filter board dude. they're not too expensive.. otherwise you're looking for another Naomi. :(

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Damn dude.. I hope it's just the filter board dude. they're not too expensive.. otherwise you're looking for another Naomi. :(

If it is the mobo..
Maybe I can find someone who is running a high res setup, and i could trade them plus a few bucks..
As the high res is flawless.