PSP Ballers post here

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Does anybody own SNK Classics 0 JP import? I bought it only to find out most of the games on it have popped up as Minis on the PSStore for Vita. It's always good to have a physical copy I guess.

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'm definitely not a PSP baller. I've got just a 3000 and 5 games. I bought the system mainly for it's sizable JRPG lineup, but honestly I only have time to play 1-2 of those a year at best. I look forward to seeing pictures of collections from real ballers up in here.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm definitely not a PSP baller. I've got just a 3000 and 5 games. I bought the system mainly for it's sizable JRPG lineup, but honestly I only have time to play 1-2 of those a year at best. I look forward to seeing pictures of collections from real ballers up in here.

:buttrock:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Also definitely not a baller. I've got a 2000, and 4 games. Valkyrie Profile, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (both of those were the exact reason I bought the system), Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (Great game on mute) and Star Wars Battlefront. After beating those titles, most of its use was in the form of being a portable PS1.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Also definitely not a baller. I've got a 2000, and 4 games. Valkyrie Profile, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (both of those were the exact reason I bought the system), Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (Great game on mute) and Star Wars Battlefront. After beating those titles, most of its use was in the form of being a portable PS1.

Some good choices. Quality over quantity.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Here's my stash. FFIV not pictured.

xJIYAYa.jpg

Genki

n00b
I'm still catching up on PSP. After finding a PSP 2000 and a few games for $15 I've been picking up games. PSP 2000 is softmodded and has various emulators and games already.

On the PSP games, yesterday I found for $2.99 Ys I & II and Ys 7. Ys 7 is complete but Ys I and II is missing the game disc :( Near mint manual though so I'll keep the case in case I find a game disc cheap somewhere. No matter, 7 seems to be the suggested first to play on PSP anyway as it's easier than other Ys.

There seems to be 2 more Ys game, Ark of Napishtim seems to be on a must avoid list for some reason. The Oath in Felghana is on my next to find list so I'd have another Ys game to play.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
^
Ya the Ys games are great. And I recommend getting the Legend of Heroes games next. Not sure if they are cheap or not, but all 4 are excellent. If you like strategy rpg's you need to get Jeanne d'Arc first and then get Tactics Ogre next. Both of those games should be cheap still.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Here's my small collection. I have a soft modded 3000. Started collecting about the time the console started to dry up in stores. Most of these I got for under $10.00, and some for $2.00. I'm only looking for maybe 10 more games. I tend to sell them off as they are re-released on Steam with updated/better versions. Just sold my Trails in the Sky earlier this week, and some Y's Premiums. Some of the games I am still looking for are...

Hexyz Force
Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts (High on my want list)
Those shootie packs.
Star Oceans
Riviera
Every Extend Extra (regret selling that one, but it's cheap)

For those of you who like to keep your games outside the cases, because they break them, I highly recommend the magnetic cases for storing UMD's. I have 3 of them and will pick up more. They're great.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/PSP-UMD-Case-Sony/dp/B002EQFXZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462082366&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+umd+case

Definitely looking fro recommendations on non RPG games, as I have enough PSP RPG's for years to come. Especially racing games, unique games, and platformers.

001.JPG

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Here's my small collection. I have a soft modded 3000. Started collecting about the time the console started to dry up in stores. Most of these I got for under $10.00, and some for $2.00. I'm only looking for maybe 10 more games. I tend to sell them off as they are re-released on Steam with updated/better versions. Just sold my Trails in the Sky earlier this week, and some Y's Premiums. Some of the games I am still looking for are...

Hexyz Force
Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts (High on my want list)
Those shootie packs.
Star Oceans
Riviera
Every Extend Extra (regret selling that one, but it's cheap)

For those of you who like to keep your games outside the cases, because they break them, I highly recommend the magnetic cases for storing UMD's. I have 3 of them and will pick up more. They're great.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/PSP-UMD-Case-Sony/dp/B002EQFXZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462082366&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+umd+case

Definitely looking fro recommendations on non RPG games, as I have enough PSP RPG's for years to come. Especially racing games, unique games, and platformers.

View attachment 35582

If you're looking to get GnG I'd strongly recommend the import only Kai version. Its way more enjoyable.

turq

Quiz Detective

I don't know if you're into the fantasy golf games - - but I thoroughly enjoyed Pangya - - much better than Hot Shots 1 &2, imho.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Anyone interested in ordering from Video Games Plus, if you order 5 games you can get the cheap USPS, but if you order 6 you have to pay fedEx or DHL which is quadruple the shipping cost. Might be best to do two orders.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
^
VG+ is getting exclusive restocks of Hexyz Force for $50 Canadian (and other hard to find games).
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=16723

Good lookin. Picked it up last night. Quite the deal compared to even used eBay prices.

Why is that ghosts in goblins better? I use to have the American one, it's freaking hard. I had a lot of trouble beating it. But I love those hard games. I think the Japanese name translates to Hell Makaimura. Pretty fitting.

That golf game looks sweet. If it's cheap I'm gonna pick up.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Good lookin. Picked it up last night. Quite the deal compared to even used eBay prices.

Why is that ghosts in goblins better? I use to have the American one, it's freaking hard. I had a lot of trouble beating it. But I love those hard games. I think the Japanese name translates to Hell Makaimura. Pretty fitting.

That golf game looks sweet. If it's cheap I'm gonna pick up.

It fixes everything wrong with the original release. Totally removed the collecting aspect of the game, removed the life bar, and you start with the double jump. It feels more like a traditional GnG. It also added in mid level checkpoints.

Also Panga golf is a must buy. Fuck Hot Shots. Some other games I'd recommend that I didn't see mentioned in the thread are: Ghost in the Shell, Killzone, Hammering Hero, Kenka Bancho, both Ikki Tosin games, both Prinny Games, and the DJ Max Portable games.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Coming off the shelf and into a box for a spell. So many great games on such a great handheld.

6CB27538-07D0-43DB-ADE3-BB04116E8DBD (1).JPG

I have a silver 2000, the Crisis Core FFVII 2000 (silver 2000 with decal/stencil) and a black PSP Go. Around 15 physical games, but I have since succumbed to the lure of illegitimacy. The Go is a brilliant little system, it is comfortable as it is very light resulting in no strain on the hands and wrists, and a great portable emulation machine. You can get a dock and component cables to play it on a TV with a PS3 controller as well. A few days ago I loaded it with a NEO GEO CD emulator with the entire library, the loading screens have been reduced to under a second. Most games run seemingly perfectly, but a small number not so, the Metal Slug games which drop in frames but that's what the SNK anthologies are for.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I didn't really care for the xbox, ps2, & gamecube era...Thank god the PSP & DS were a godsend. Here is my PSP that i currently have out, the rest are in storage.

20161001_133403_zpsehl6mfap.jpg
20161001_133423_zps9sr69o9z.jpg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice game collection there, greedo. if i had a psp collection, it would look a lot like your one. we have very similar taste in games.

gallo

n00b
I have a PSP GO but it doesn't usb charge anymore. Ac adapter works alright though so im still in the game.

I will always have a love for the GO. I like to connect it to my PS 3D Tv since it has a good aspect ratio setting built in and connect my sixaxis controller for total ownage! :D

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
nice game collection there, greedo. if i had a psp collection, it would look a lot like your one. we have very similar taste in games.

Agreed. We like similar games. Good collection!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I picked up a handful of cheap LE game sets off of YAJ - mostly Mahjong. There is a solid lineup of mahjong on PSP

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Agreed. We like similar games. Good collection!

Thanks guys, I've been working on it for awhile. Probably the first system I will be done collecting. I'm almost there. Hexyz force was re-released a few months back so I can mark that one off my list. Syill need to get a few more games though, namely, Tactics Ogre again, some of those shootie packs, star oceans, katamari, and ghosts n goblins.

HDRChampion has the real collection. I'm a bit jelly.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Great system. As you can probably see, Capcom owns my soul. Probably the greatest system for classic compilations. Big fan of Gradius Collection and Dracula X Collection.

Ahhh UMD movies... what a simpler time. I still watch Ghostbusters, Stripes, and The Fith Element from time to time.

DSCN5774_zpsziflgmzv.jpg

DSCN5775_zpsnvbon76y.jpg

DSCN5777_zpsmsmcov4m.jpg