Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: PSP Ballers post here

  1. #1
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278

    PSP Ballers post here

    I'm not much of a baller when it comes to the PSP but I am sure some of you guys are. Post up bitches!

    Also general question - as far as emulation goes, is the d-pad on a PSP Go any nicer than the traditional models?

  2. #2
    Kyokugen Trainee
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    I'm not much of a baller when it comes to the PSP but I am sure some of you guys are. Post up bitches!

    Also general question - as far as emulation goes, is the d-pad on a PSP Go any nicer than the traditional models?
    Slightly better, but if you have meat hooks like mine, holding the system cramps your hands really quick.(Especially if you need the shoulder buttons).

    EG and I had the PSP 1000 dpads modded back in the day and they worked amazing, especially for games like Vampire that have zero forgiveness on input.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

  3. #3
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks DZ, I actually have tiny hands (not as bad as Trump) but I am fine playing a GBA SP and even Micro for awhile. But I need to look into this 1000 mod.

    Still may want to snag a Go though since looks like you can get them fairly cheap nowadays. Might be fun just to tinker with.

  4. #4
    Kyokugen Trainee
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Thanks DZ, I actually have tiny hands (not as bad as Trump) but I am fine playing a GBA SP and even Micro for awhile. But I need to look into this 1000 mod.

    Still may want to snag a Go though since looks like you can get them fairly cheap nowadays. Might be fun just to tinker with.
    Yeah if you can handle micro for more then 15 minutes, then you should be good with the go.

    The mod we did was add a couple extra layers of plastic behind the dpad. We used a nes sleeve if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

  5. #5
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    The mod we did was add a couple extra layers of plastic behind the dpad. We used a nes sleeve if I remember correctly.
    Ha I love it. Ingenious!

  6. #6
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    The PSP 3000 has a pretty nice dpad on it, I'd just grab one of those over modding a 1000. I used to play Street Fighter Alpha on it with no troubles pulling off the moves.

  7. #7
    Kyokugen Trainee
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    The PSP 3000 has a pretty nice dpad on it, I'd just grab one of those over modding a 1000. I used to play Street Fighter Alpha on it with no troubles pulling off the moves.
    3 Upper has a bit of give and take with command inputs. Try playing Darkstalkers on it.and pulling off a super and well talk. The dpad on on the 3000 is really no different then the old models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

  8. #8
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    I was playing PS1 SF Alpha 1, I'm not a huge fan of 3. And I disagree, as an owner of both models there is a world of difference between the dpads.

  9. #9
    Kyokugen Trainee
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I was playing PS1 SF Alpha 1, I'm not a huge fan of 3. And I disagree, as an owner of both models there is a world of difference between the dpads.
    I've owned multiple version of 5 models and I've only seen slight upgrades between the og and go models. The K(?) model has the far superior dpad to them all but they are next too impossible to source which is why I don't recommend them.

    Granted I've never done a side by side comparison, so perhaps since you have, you're correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

  10. #10
    Chin's Bartender

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    La Jolla, CA

    Posts
    1,555
    PSP was my favorite handheld until the Vita came out. The 2000 model is probably my favorite. My games are all over the place and about half are at my parents house along with my red God of War console, white Star Wars Battlefront one, and my PSP kiosk.

    U.S. systems:


    Japanese systems:

  11. #11
    JukeBox Hero!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    4,919
    I love my PSP. Had a 2000 but gave it to my younger cousin when the 3000 came out so now I play that.

    Crush is my favorite game on the system. Fucking amazing puzzle platformer.

    Also dig Twisted Metal Head On, GTA Vice City Stories, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Chinatown Wars, the Patapon series, LocoRoco series, Wipeout series, Crisis Core, the two God of War games, FF Tactics War of the Lions, DBZ Shin Budokai series, etc.

  12. #12
    Ukyo's Doctor
    wyndcrosser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Midwest

    Posts
    1,242
    The PSP 1000 build quality was amazing compared to pspgo or my GoW psp 2000. I miss my psp1000.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

  13. #13
    Shadow Cutter Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,456
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    Yeah if you can handle micro for more then 15 minutes, then you should be good with the go.

    The mod we did was add a couple extra layers of plastic behind the dpad. We used a nes sleeve if I remember correctly.
    We did, it was a NES sleeve, fun times, well worth the effort to mod it.

    I still have my PSP1000 and the 3000 I got from you. Love my PSP, favorite games, well Ridge Racer and the GOW games. Fighters wise...I suck with a D-Pad so my opinion is biased towards GGXXAC+ 'cause it plays pretty smooth, very forgiving and no need for L button which is a god send for me as I cannot use the L and D-Pad simultaneously. The second Ghoulies (JP Only) plays awesome.

  14. #14
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278
    The awesome thing about the PSP (or crappy thing about Vita depending on your perspective) is that the PSP versions of Sony staples like Ridge Racer, Wipeout, God of War etc are much much better than their Vita sequels/counterparts. As a result the PSP gets way more play time from me than the Vita.

  15. #15
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278
    Gonna make a double post coz that's how I roll when I on my phone.

    So although i have a PSP 3000 I was thinking about getting one specifically for cfw and emulation - hence my comments/interest in s Go. Many moons ago I had a modded 1000 and the cool thing was I think I could play some shmups in Tate mode relatively comfortably - but I wouldn't be able to do that with a Go. And if I am using this thing primarily for the roms then that is a big drawback - so I think I made up my mind

    Go is a no go...
    Last edited by neo_moe; 04-21-2016 at 08:02 PM.

  16. #16
    Kyokugen Trainee
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Gonna make a double post coz that's how I roll when I on my phone.

    So although i have a PSP 3000 I was thinking about getting one specifically for cfw and emulation - hence my comments/interest in s Go. Many moons ago I had a modded 1000 and the cool thing was I think I could play some shmups in Tate mode relatively comfortably - but I wouldn't be able to do that with a Go. And if I am using this thing primarily for the roms then that is a big drawback - so I think I made up my mind

    Go is a no go...
    The whole installing a cfw thing is gone now. You dump a few folders on a memory card, boot the system, select a file, and the system reboots in a cfw, shut it off and it goes back to stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

  17. #17
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,278
    How long have I been asleep?

  18. #18
    . GregN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the land of Uff-da

    Posts
    16,867
    I am by no means a baller but I have a 2K. Lots of great JRPG remakes like Star Ocean 1+2 and Lunar.



    Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

  19. #19
    Withered Penis!
    gusmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    illadelph Snail Trail

    Posts
    1,135
    Just jailbroke my PSP 1000 last weekend. Took all of five minutes? It was on the latest official firmware too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

  20. #20
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    The awesome thing about the PSP (or crappy thing about Vita depending on your perspective) is that the PSP versions of Sony staples like Ridge Racer, Wipeout, God of War etc are much much better than their Vita sequels/counterparts. As a result the PSP gets way more play time from me than the Vita.
    Absolutely, I was thrilled when I could finally load Ridge Racer on my Vita. It's one of my favorite portable games ever.

  21. #21
    Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Gonna make a double post coz that's how I roll when I on my phone.

    So although i have a PSP 3000 I was thinking about getting one specifically for cfw and emulation - hence my comments/interest in s Go. Many moons ago I had a modded 1000 and the cool thing was I think I could play some shmups in Tate mode relatively comfortably - but I wouldn't be able to do that with a Go. And if I am using this thing primarily for the roms then that is a big drawback - so I think I made up my mind

    Go is a no go...
    There's a way to hook up a PS3 controller to a psp go if it'll help you out. I know I had configured an emulator to work great in tate, but I only have a 1000 and a 3000.

  22. #22
    Ukyo's Doctor
    wyndcrosser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Midwest

    Posts
    1,242
    Yea I use a soft CFW, so it has to be ran every time you fully power down. But running with categories and having 32gb of space is awesome... Too bad lunar 2 constantly freezes on my pspgo.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

  23. #23
    Shadow Cutter Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,456
    I'd still would like to get a PSP Go at some point but mostly for emulation, the D-Pad looks legit and Wes swore by it for fighters so...

  24. #24
    Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    GutsDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Metairie, LA

    Posts
    3,525
    Uh oh got to take some pics now.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan

    Posts
    31
    I have a couple 2000s both with CFW. One as spare and one I use a lot for emulation. The hand held isn't very good with big hands I have but it plays OK and plays most emulator quite well. I wanted to play with C64 but no one made external keyboard add on (one was planned but never materialized) and using on screen keyboard is messy with some games that needs quick action or reflexes. Would it be possible to get a small basic USB keyboard and make it work on PSP? PSP does have USB port and I would think somehow it can be used for external keyboard and add in keyboard HID driver to make PSP work with the keyboard?

    One of my PSP has a nice Sony branded 2200mAh battery and extended battery cover to accommodate larger battery. Still get about 9 hours of playing time at best with wifi off. The other one has a chinese made "3000mAh" battery that gets about 2 hours at full charge. Probably typed in an extra zero by "mistake" to try and outsell those cheap knock off 2000mAh batteries.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •