Errybody Likes Polls! Batrider vs Garegga

So which is it?

• Total voters

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Which do you prefer, or which would you own if you could only have one?

In the past I would have said Garegga, but the more Batrider I play the more I'm swayed towards it. Such an awesome soundtrack, the incredible diversity of ships to choose from and the overall atmosphere?

Welcome to Violent City!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Which do you prefer, or which would you own if you could only have one?

In the past I would have said Garegga, but the more Batrider I play the more I'm swayed towards it. Such an awesome soundtrack, the incredible diversity of ships to choose from and the overall atmosphere?

Welcome to Violent City!

Saturn Garegga is the balls.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Saturn Garegga is the balls.

It really is. But Batrider is top shelf. All the way. With whipped cream. And a cherry.
Just sayin'

Garegga asks too much of the player too quickly. Batrider can be slowly mastered.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Battle Gallagher, Buttwider, and iBoomba are the holy trinity of Yagawa games.
All three are equally great but for different reasons.

Garage is the hardest to clear and score well in.

Police is the longest and most extra/hidden content.

Greg with Girls is the most unorthodox and shames the "play for fun" crowd.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Saturn garegga is the one i'd pick, tough choice though.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Definitely Garegga. I have a love/hate relationship with medal chaining games though.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I've only played Garegga so i'm voting for that one :D
Love the music and art style of that game. Saturn version gets more love since you can actually see the bullets.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Perverted games !
Only to be fully enjoyed in a constant, near state of death .

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No brainer, not to say Batrider isn't great, but...Garegga is Garegga, man. You don't fucks with that.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Saturn Garegga is bliss, APB is fantastic too but if I had to choose one i'm going with garegga.
Control, graphics, music, and roster plus the scoring. APB has that too of course, it just depends what kind of flavor you prefer.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
21 votes, can anyone here name the final boss in either game :keke:

This thread reminds me of when I used to discuss with friends which sports car was better, when I was nine.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Batrider without a doubt. It's the funky yet refined version of Garegga. Kind of like a Danny Elfman score vs Prince's Batman .. not sure who wins there, but you get the idea, figure it out.

edit: Also good luck ever trying to 1cc Garegga. I made it pretty f'in far, but a 1 cc seems like a fantasy short of properly learning how to manage rank and suiciding. I 1cc'd Batrider on the otherhand and I feel although challenging (multiple end bosses? fuck you!) is still really doable once you figure out patterns and how to attain a couple of key extends. No suiciding or stupid shit, straight forward and play.

It should also be noted for a long time I considered Garegga the best shmup ever made until the game made me want to punch my fist through the monitor.

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
Batrider every time. Shame it never got a console port so more people could experience the awesomeness.

xorthen

Banned
I still don't get why people like Garegga so much. I'd much rather be playing Strikers. I never got the appeal.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I still don't get why people like Garegga so much. I'd much rather be playing Strikers. I never got the appeal.

I love the art style, music, and gameplay. If it had bigger bullets and a non-rank sensitive system it would have been perfect.
Collecting medals is addictive. Have you heard the Saturn arranged soundtrack?

But even with all that said, I feel like batrider is the funky evolution of the series and it's creative and more fun.