I joined a gym...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I had such an awesome results last year...I went down from 265lbs to 185lbs. Sadly the holidays really fucked me hard & now im up 224lbs. I was able to just lose the weight by having a caloric deficit & exercising at home.

I haven't use my home gym for awhile now, so i decided to motivate myself by joining a "gym". I heard lots of bad stuff about Planet Fitness but i checked it out & seem its enough for me for at least one year. Plus its clean & pretty cheap compared to every gym around my area & its 24hrs.

Going to just post my results weekly & hope you guys do to. Lets motivate each other to get that healthy hot bod!

Tuesday April 19, 2016
224lbs

My goal is to get back down to under 200lbs by July. Im going to push for 185lbs.

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
218.2lbs
Tuesday April 19, 2016
224lbs
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
218.2lbs

Friday, May 13th, 2016
214lbs

So lost 10lbs in 3weeks. I haven't really been strict with my diet, i have about 2 to 3 cheat days a week. Im going to start tapering off on that by end of the month. I got myself one of those fitbit HR watches that tracks the heartrate & steps. its ok but not really sure how accurate it when doing weight training. Any recommended watches?

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Great job bro! Holy shit that's impressive. I only do cheat meals 1 or 2 times a week. If I want something that taste good and won't make me feel awful I usually get a burrito bowl from chipotle... no cheese or sour cream though .

Also I go to the gym like 5-6 times a week. 2 body parts a day. 5 work outs per part, 3 sets, 10-20 reps. And cardio. Hate walking in but 2 hours later I end up feeling like a champ.

Are you incorporating protein or any pre work outs?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Leveled up my running from 2 minute rests with 4,4,6 minute intervals at 5 mph to 1 minute rest 5,6,6 minute intervals at 5 mph. The vacation screwed up my eating schedule but never really cheated. All in all pretty happy so far. Need to do more then running soon but been kinda lazy/ wanted to focus more on cardio to fix some things.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

Half this shit I see all the time and never gave a shit about it. Makes me wonder why it's youtube worthy.

:lolz: that is actually quite cringing to watch. i'm guessing most of these guys are first timers.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I found the act of going to the gym less motivating than exercise at home. no alcohol and especially no soda, they're both your enemy on the weight loss front.

Nah you guys got it wrong.

If you need to quit booze in order to lose weight then you are not starving yourselves good enough.

EDIT:

I've gone from about 200 to 190 by not really eating anything EXCEPT beer and green smoothies.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
starving yourself only slows down your metabolism

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can see doing gyms in the winter, but I personally go the low-cost route because I think gym memberships are expensive. I lift weights inside, take walks outside, and do stretching exercises for my back. There are plenty of benefits to gyms, though - personal trainers, tons of equipment to work all muscle groups, socializing and networking. The lunkheads who take it too seriously put me off, I admit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Planet Fitness is only $10 a month..

So i weigh myself today & fuck looks like i keep gaining weight now...Im currently 218.9...Im really hoping its muscle weight & inflammation...Seems everytime i lift, i gain weight & just defeats my motivation to keep working out...When i just go strict diet without lifting just cardio i lose a lot weight but feel like shit, weak&cranky...This coming June im going to go really strict on my diet but also continue w/ my lifting. If that doesn't work, i think i might just go back too doing cardio only.

Tuesday April 19, 2016
224lbs
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
218.2lbs
Friday, May 13th, 2016
214lbs

Friday, May 27th, 2016
218.9lbs

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
starving yourself only slows down your metabolism

False!

It's all about intermittent fasting and 40 oz. curls.

This is assuming you fat fucks dont all work office jobs and am a lumberjack like myself.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I haven't been to the gym since I graduated high school in 2009

In high school I took weight lifting class every semester, plus I played football and threw the shot put/discus so I spent tons of time in the weight room.

Now I work in a warehouse so I'm still active but I'm probably nowhere close to as strong as I was then. My sophomore year I hit 325 as my one rep max on the bench, which was just about twice my body weight. Probably would struggle to throw up 250 right now, maybe even 225.

I'm probably an inch or two taller now but I still weigh about 160. No matter how much or how little I eat, and no matter my level of activity, I never seem to gain or lose any weight. I have virtually no body fat. I can't even float on my back in a pool... I just sink

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So i weigh myself today & fuck looks like i keep gaining weight now...Im currently 218.9...Im really hoping its muscle weight & inflammation...Seems everytime i lift, i gain weight & just defeats my motivation to keep working out...When i just go strict diet without lifting just cardio i lose a lot weight but feel like shit, weak&cranky...This coming June im going to go really strict on my diet but also continue w/ my lifting. If that doesn't work, i think i might just go back too doing cardio only.

This is one reason why I don't weigh myself very much. I prescribe to the notion a watched pot never boils. If you want to get in shape for an occasion then it makes sense, but if this is a lifetime type of goal all watching your weight will do is piss you off when you hit plateaus. If you think you're not making any progress you might want to look at your workout regiment and see if it's too easy. When the body gets used to whatever you do you tend to get less results from it.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Since a lot of people like the weight numbers

April - 329lbs
5/4 - 317lbs
5/30 - 308lbs

Got bored and noticed my roommates scale. Personally more worried about health then weight, but everybody loves progress. The hardest part is forcing the metabolism to speed up again. Genetics, and a bunch of issues make it considerably more difficult then in my earlier years.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Nice job^^^

If you can get past the initial cravings, intermittent fasting can really help with the metabolism. When I was serious about shedding pounds I was only eating during a 6 hour window or so. The rest of the time I was just drinking water or tea. Ease into it with a 8 hour eating window. Your body will know what to do after awhile and use your food energy more efficiently.

For me:

Still hovering at 190. Had a lot of malt liquor this weekend (more than my normal food/carbs consumption) and ate a bunch of pizza (cheat meal). Also ran about 20 miles this weekend so you take the good with the bad. Going to get back on the right foot this week with the beer/kale smoothie regimen. People forget that people drank beer for sustenance long before they drank it for the buzz. Its insanely efficient in terms of energy. Not for everyone but I've trained my body to run on the stuff.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Between work and lifting weights at home I'm not super interested in joining a gym. as it is i feel I could rip a man in half Mortal Kombat style. I could lose weight but strength is not a problem.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Between work and lifting weights at home I'm not super interested in joining a gym. as it is i feel I could rip a man in half Mortal Kombat style. I could lose weight but strength is not a problem.

BEEEEEEF!!!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Might as well send a refresher...

At this point, training for the sprint tri, I've hit my goals.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but being sprint, I have to do:

Swim: 400yds (16 pool lengths)
Ride: 16mi
Run 5K (3.1mi)

My goals were under 10 min for the swim, under 1hr for the ride, under 36min for the run.

My swim, at this point, is sitting at just under 8min. I conservatively did the ride yesterday in 55 min @ 17mph average an I managed the run in 34min.

I've yet to do a swim-ride-run "brick session" because that mostly impossible...but I did swim a mile on Sunday in 40 min and bricked the actual ride/run route yesterday. So my 55min ride, 34min run is actually on the course.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Nice job^^^

If you can get past the initial cravings, intermittent fasting can really help with the metabolism. When I was serious about shedding pounds I was only eating during a 6 hour window or so. The rest of the time I was just drinking water or tea. Ease into it with a 8 hour eating window. Your body will know what to do after awhile and use your food energy more efficiently.

For me:

Still hovering at 190. Had a lot of malt liquor this weekend (more than my normal food/carbs consumption) and ate a bunch of pizza (cheat meal). Also ran about 20 miles this weekend so you take the good with the bad. Going to get back on the right foot this week with the beer/kale smoothie regimen. People forget that people drank beer for sustenance long before they drank it for the buzz. Its insanely efficient in terms of energy. Not for everyone but I've trained my body to run on the stuff.

I'm really not that worried about losing weight. I'm someone who doesn't drink Alcohol, stays away from sugar, drinks water 99.9% of the time,eats mostly fish and is happy to do so. I can tweak my diet to lose more whenever I want to, but because I want to give the body and skin extra time to adjust to the loss I'm actually slowing the weight loss down. Watched a friend lose a shit ton of weight all at once, it was not pretty. To me this is a lifestyle change.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
LOL Giefy pls.

I'm serious.

You can't chug the stuff or your liver becomes overwhelmed and the energy return is negated. I take my meal 40s like water, I carry them like a canteen and sip throughout the morning.

EDIT:

Remember, they built the pyramids on this stuff, I'm just building the perfect body.

Last edited: