I joined a gym...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yawn. We've got experts in here talking about building awesome bodies by drinking beer. That's a new one.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Personally I am in your boat. I can give a crap about anybody at the gym. However this is also why I have no problems working out at home. When you work out 3-4 days a week every week for years it gets monotonous. So much so you are looking for muses.

I got to a point where I was maxing on the treadmill at 8mph and rested at 5mph and thought what's next? I can easily go to the max 10mph, when you develop your lungs and legs for running it felt kinda becomes pointless moving up to the max. So, I looked for muses. I challenged my 120lbs friend on the treadmill (think I was 250-270lbs then) and got smoked since he could stay running at 10mph the whole time easily. Then I looked at what other people were doing and sometimes did just a little more then they did. Some felt annoyed, some wanted to challenge by one upping (which became kinda fun).

Point is going in groups are what motivates a lot of people. If it didn't, and it was just about the equipment, a lot more people would do it at home. Unfortunately making fun of people is also human nature. I don't like it, but it's a part of it. Do people come up and make fun of you like it's high school, no, but it's there.

Half this shit I see all the time and never gave a shit about it. Makes me wonder why it's youtube worthy.

Oy...that video is painful to watch. :eek: :lolz:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yawn. We've got experts in here talking about building awesome bodies by drinking beer. That's a new one.

Lots of new breakthroughs in the health and fitness world. Right now I'm experimenting with the Pizza and Ice Cream diet. It's delicious.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
It's no secret that you get what you put in.

Not advocating what I do for everyone, sorry if it comes across that way.

I can eat/drink literally anything I want because a: my job is nothing but heavy lifting and b: I run 100+ miles a week.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

Worked for me?

I think all you guys should work out and look like Spike here.
...Pretty Please?

Spike is gorgeous.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Might as well post the bad with the good. Might be a good cautionary tale.

So, about 2 weeks ago I got on the treadmill and was doing my usual running except no matter what I did I just couldn't seem to catch my breath and get in a rhythm. I pushed on reguardless and got to a point where I got 4/5 of the run in and got to a point where it seemed to be dangerous so I stopped. First thing I noticed was I was sweating buckets. Much more then I usually do. I chalked it up to allergies slightly blocking airways and thought nothing of it.

A week went by and the same thing happened. This time I stopped and waited till later to try again. Instead of doing the same thing I made my workout easier with extra rest periods hoping to offset the problem I was having. I pushed myself hard again, but did finish. The next day I started having chest pains. It's been almost a week now and they haven't stopped.

I know how to fix it slowly, but obviously I pushed my heart a little too hard and got repercussions from it. So I am taking medicine and slowing up my workouts even more. It goes to show acting like a gymrat and pushing on doesn't always pay off. Sometimes you need to listen to your body.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Planet Fitness is only $10 a month..

So i weigh myself today & fuck looks like i keep gaining weight now...Im currently 218.9...Im really hoping its muscle weight & inflammation...Seems everytime i lift, i gain weight & just defeats my motivation to keep working out...When i just go strict diet without lifting just cardio i lose a lot weight but feel like shit, weak&cranky...This coming June im going to go really strict on my diet but also continue w/ my lifting. If that doesn't work, i think i might just go back too doing cardio only.

Tuesday April 19, 2016
224lbs
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
218.2lbs
Friday, May 13th, 2016
214lbs

Friday, May 27th, 2016
218.9lbs

I was stuck for awhile but started to lose again finally.

Saturday, June 18, 2016
212.8 lbs

Tomorrow is going to be bad cheat day, my kids want to take me out to a buffet, NBA Game 7 & Battle of the Bastards for snacking...I probably should fast the rest of the day today.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I joined a gym and I liked it. Now to actually stop being a lazy lard ass and start to actually go everyday.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...it's over and here's the quick undown:

-June 25th sprint tri: 400yds pool swim, 16mi bike, 5K run.

-Began "training in Sept of 2015

-Had two major setbacks with a surgery on Nov 3d, and another on Dec 14th. These pretty much killed me until late Jan 2016.

-By last week swim down to under 8 min, ride was ok but my run was horrible.

In the end, I met my goals. First off, I wanted to complete the even "safely" as in I didn't want to kill myself in order to complete it. I had a personal goal of 100 for the entire event. When it was all said and done, I managed 1:39:00.

I did well on the swim (9 min total -w- 7 min actually in the pool), is sucked in T1 (3 min), I rode like I always do (18mph ave), I mildly sucked in T2 (2 min) and I PR'd the run with a 10 mi/mile ave, something I have never done before. Most of all, I didn't break anything doing it, although tired, I was good in the end.

I can say that internet reading paid off, I had everything I needed gear wise. My setup was solid, my Castelli tri-suit did well and was very comfortable, all of my gear did its job.

I went to bed early all week and that paid off, I didn't sleep worth a crap Friday night. I also did my best to stay hydrated all week, that also paid off as it was hot a humid with humidity in the 65-70% range and temps in the high 80's.

Next year I hope to do better on the run, I'd like to do it at closer to a low 9/high 8 min pace. I'd also like to get my bike closer to 20mph average.

This week I begin my training to do an Olympic level tri summer of 2017.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I'm a member at LA Fitness. Been a member since they were still Bally Total Fitness back in 2000. Been a member so long that I just pay $14 plus a month. I was working out a lot when I was home in SOCAL. But I'm in Paris now. I don't have a gym here but I run every now and then, ride a scooter around which is a lot of fun and a good workout and if not I'm walking. All that combined with the smaller portions of food here compared to the US will really keep you from gaining weight if you make a conscious effort to keep your eating under control. When I was going to the gym in the US, I would combine cardio and weight lifting. I would do 30 minutes on the PRECOR and do free weights. In the US, there's more of a need to go to the gym since you're typically going around in a car everywhere you go.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I have been doing circuit training four times a week for an hour each night. I lose about 2.5-3 pounds a week when I eat clean. Problem has been I have found it hard to sustain it, so I will lose 3 lbs a week then gain 2 the next. I am ultimately losing more than I gain but if I hit it hardcore I could trim down even faster. On the bright side I am losing weight and perhaps over the long haul bodes well for me to keep it off :)

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just to bump this.

April - 329lbs
5/4 - 317lbs
5/30 - 308lbs
7/3 - 304lbs

Considering all the setbacks I've had this month I'll take it. Besides I'm not in a rush to lose weight. I just want to be healthy, have less arthritis problems, and not have a heart attack any time soon.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This thread needs mowr pics.

Trust me girl, you don't want to see anything I have to post. My wife snapped a horrific pic of me after my triathlon with me in my tri suit...god, I look like the Michelin Man wrapped in spandex in that thing...

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Haven't been to a gym for the last 6 years... have morning wood each morning..I don't care about anything else.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Fuck judgment free, I find my best friends judge the shit out of me and push me to stop being such a fatass.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just to bump this.

April - 329lbs
5/4 - 317lbs
5/30 - 308lbs
7/3 - 304lbs
8/2 - 300lbs

Slowing down, but considering I have to approach this carefully I'm happy with progress. Trying to either get more serious about the ab work, or bump up the running. It just gets frustrating when you go to do stuff you have setbacks. It's true when they say the older you get the harder it is.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Good job!

So i've been pretty consistent w/ going to the gym at least 3x week. My eating habits could be better but still not really gorging. I haven't loss weight, i actually gained & hovering around 218lbs. I have gotten stronger & i seem to be gaining muscle on my arms & upper chest. My legs are getting more tone but my belly seem to have gotten bigger & my lower chest is still too soft.

Starting today, im going to start doing the macronutrient tracking. Before i just made sure i ate less then 1700 calories but that doesn't seem to work with my weight/fat loss. According to the calculator i need 200g Carbs, 200g Protein 44g fat. I think i was only getting about half that.

I also have been working on putting a new home gym in my garage. I ordered a power rack, bumper plates, & other stuff. That way i can work out on the days i cant go to the gym.

i have clean up this mess
20160730_013649_zpss75uceml.jpg

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I had such an awesome results last year...I went down from 265lbs to 185lbs. Sadly the holidays really fucked me hard & now im up 224lbs. I was able to just lose the weight by having a caloric deficit & exercising at home.
I haven't use my home gym for awhile now, so i decided to motivate myself by joining a "gym". I heard lots of bad stuff about Planet Fitness but i checked it out & seem its enough for me for at least one year. Plus its clean & pretty cheap compared to every gym around my area & its 24hrs.
Going to just post my results weekly & hope you guys do to. Lets motivate each other to get that healthy hot bod!
Tuesday April 19, 2016
224lbs
My goal is to get back down to under 200lbs by July. Im going to push for 185lbs.

Losing weight is (about) 70% having the right diet, and 30% exercise. But, obviously, exercise is important. Eat less refined carbs (i.e., not so much sugar and wheat/bread, oats are not as bad G.I. as wheat for breakfast). Eat more vegetables, except root vegetables (which have starch/sugar in them).

Last edited: