Need a CPS2 A Board

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'm not sure what the deal is, a couple years back people with CPS2 boards were tripping over extra A boards they couldn't get rid of, now it's hard to find one unless you are buying it as a combo with a B board. I've been looking for a cheap extra one myself.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I think I paid like $60 for the last one I got, and when I got rid of my cabinet I basically gave it away since I didn't know what else to do with it. Crazy.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
With the multi-boards (moderate impact) and Consolized CPS2's (minor impact) and general new entries into arcade hobby (moderate impact) the A board prices have had a major impact. When I got into CPS2 6 years ago they were so plentiful I bought one for every game, just for convenience. I've slowly tried to get them to guys who need them at that same $25-30 price, but the well is drying up. I think i'm down to 2-3 myself now. I sent you a PM xReal; i'm sure we'll get you squared away. Beyond that; mainman and Tyranix are CPS2 gurus and might have some other leads.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I can't see a good reason why people sell B-boards without an A-board. Didn't every game originally come with both boards or were the B-boards sold separately?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I can't see a good reason why people sell B-boards without an A-board. Didn't every game originally come with both boards or were the B-boards sold separately?

what's what I'm thinking. Bought few from here two years ago and they all come with A/B boards...............
Maybe thing has changed ?

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've seen plenty of people buy and sell through them but don't recall anyone ever mentioning an A board dying. I suppose that could be the case, but as it is, it's making hunting for one a pain in my ass :p

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Our scientific analysis in this thread has uncovered that someone is indeed hoarding all the loose A boards!

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
With the multi-boards (moderate impact) and Consolized CPS2's (minor impact) and general new entries into arcade hobby (moderate impact) the A board prices have had a major impact. When I got into CPS2 6 years ago they were so plentiful I bought one for every game, just for convenience. I've slowly tried to get them to guys who need them at that same $25-30 price, but the well is drying up. I think i'm down to 2-3 myself now. I sent you a PM xReal; i'm sure we'll get you squared away. Beyond that; mainman and Tyranix are CPS2 gurus and might have some other leads.

Add me to that list too please.

Also, In the later end of its life Arcade vendors had the option to buy just the B board instead of both A and B.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I used to literally give A boards away, as I had so many. Now with the supply drying up, I'm holding on the 3 or so I still have in case they start failing.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I just looked through my A boards, the reason I rarely sale them is because of missing volume knobs on my spares

Last edited:

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Im gonna die. Its starting to look like I am either gonna have to buy a shitty A+B combo and sell off the B board, and that makes me even more sad.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've ordered that piece. I didn't end up using it, but it seemed like a fine replacement for the original, although the plastic obviously isn't the same.