Finnish summer is over, it's Neo Geo time - 20th of August 2016

miisalo

Astra Superstar
This year my annual summer meeting is in 20th of August in Vantaa, Finland. These has been bit smaller than my winter meetings but because there seems to be chances to have up to two visitors from the States, I'm going to ask local retro people from other forums too to join. Last winter meeting had 12 people here in the end I think, so something like that would work well.

Same drill as always - Gaming, drinking, sauna, repeat.

I'll arrange food some way or another, probably grill/bbq and there will be some drinks on the house.

As always, there is room for some people to sleep here.

Participant list:

1. miisalo
2. stt (local)
3. Jupp3 (local)
4. codise (local)
5. Razoola
6. RockstarRunner
7. Sosumi (local)
8. hrmt (local)
9. TaiDomi

Maybes
1. Hellfromabove
2. lolifoxgirl

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I need to make arrangements to get out there that week. I will post a status update in the next few weeks. Hope to book my tickets soon.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You should be able to pencil me in :)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Are non-Finnish welcome to come?

Non-Finns are not only welcome, they are almost guests of honor.

Anyway our meetings are basically in English, because there is always English speaking people participating.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
So which airport would I fly into?

Would be great if you guys can make it.. You'll want to fly to Helsinki Vantaa airport, its very close. If for any reason flights are to Turku airport I can pick people up.

Raz.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza

giphy.gif

miisalo

Astra Superstar
What is Surstromming?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

Surstr?ming (pronounced [ˈsʉ̟ːˌʂʈr?mːɪŋ], Swedish for "sour herring") is fermented Baltic Sea herring that has been a staple of traditional northern Swedish cuisine since at least the 16th century.

Just enough salt is used to prevent the raw fish from rotting (chemical decomposition). A fermentation process of at least six months gives the lightly-salted fish its characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidic taste.

When opened, the contents release a strong and sometimes overwhelming odour; the dish is ordinarily eaten outdoors. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surstr?ming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, even more so than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean Hongeohoe or Japanese Kusaya.[1]

BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
I'll be in Finland during 19-23.5 due to Simulaatio as is tradition.

EDIT: I know it's during spring and not summer, but this is the only time I'll be sure to visit the lovely sauna and palju this year (:

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I'll be in Finland during 19-23.5 due to Simulaatio as is tradition.

EDIT: I know it's during spring and not summer, but this is the only time I'll be sure to visit the lovely sauna and palju this year (:

I'm actually out of country 19.-20.5. But I'm back 21. so if you are in Helsinki after that, I can promise you more sauna.